Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duplicate accounts

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dont lie.

Oh and questioning the mods behaviour as they where, or some of them, using multiple accounts. Ive done a search for that thread but its not there.

Got accused of spouting conspiracy theories when in fact a mod is using more than one account and its suddenly dawned on some it has nefarious applications.

If you can't suss out that London Pompous and Bhadebenhams are SPOOF accounts then you need your bumps felt. That is not a nefarious application.

Next you will be telling us that KaiWayne, NotTheBigSam and NotGusPoyet should be banned on Twitter.

I repeat, you were not banned for discussing the merits of more than one account, you were banned for boring the pants off people with your right wing gibberish, having a go at Bozza, and never saying anything about the football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Having not used this account for literally years I considered setting up a new one purely as a fresh start but have instead carried on using the old one which is no problem at all. The only whine I have is that I now don't seem to be able to edit stuff that I used to be able to. My auto sig is very old and was funny for about 2 minutes* while given what can occur very easily on the internet I don't think anyone's date of birth should be on their public profile. I know I am veering slightly OT here but the reason I considered the dupe was so I could get a new avatar and sig and not declare my DoB. Nothing more nefarious.

*see below. /cringes/

** EDIT - the see below gag no longer works /un-cringes/

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having not used this account for literally years I considered setting up a new one purely as a fresh start but have instead carried on using the old one which is no problem at all. The only whine I have is that I now don't seem to be able to edit stuff that I used to be able to. My auto sig is very old and was funny for about 2 minutes* while given what can occur very easily on the internet I don't think anyone's date of birth should be on their public profile. I know I am veering slightly OT here but the reason I considered the dupe was so I could get a new avatar and sig and not declare my DoB. Nothing more nefarious.

*see below. /cringes/

Welcome back!

Various options here - North Stand Chat and scroll down on the left to access and edit your signature.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I voted Lib Dem because I thought that their manifesto was the least worst, especially with regard to the wars and tuition fees. I have regular correspondence with my Lib Dem MP Mark Hunter, but these days I just call him Ma

LOL...!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Dont lie.

Oh and questioning the mods behaviour as they where, or some of them, using multiple accounts. Ive done a search for that thread but its not there.

Got accused of spouting conspiracy theories when in fact a mod is using more than one account and its suddenly dawned on some it has nefarious applications.

Yet you came crawling back after your year off? You obviously don't hate it that much.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dont lie.

To be fair, I think you got banned for 'constant sniping' if I remember correctly.

And generally being a cock.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I have 3 accounts set up. I only use the wookiee, the other two were set up for friends. I have never posted under the other 2 accounts. Is this a problem ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've posted from Internet Cafe's before, so presumably other people might have posted from there. Doesn't mean I use another account, I have nothing to hide. As for Duplicates, I don't think it's a problem for spoof accounts (Meades Ball can NOT be a real person!), but if it's a screen for racist/outrageous opinions then the real user wants naming and shaming. Kick it out!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think individual 'users' should be limited to one account. If they aren't brave enough to post something under their 'normal' username that suggests that they should probably think very carefully about posting it at all. If someone wants to 'abandon' an old username and start again they I don't see the harm in doing that - but they should let a mod (Bozza?) know and he can delete the old account. The vast vast vast majority of the 'mischief making' stuff is stupid and not at all entertaining anyway.

Agree completely. Second accounts only allow people to act in a way they wouldn't usually.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair, I think you got banned for 'constant sniping' if I remember correctly.

And generally being a cock.
This. Bozza just said as much, having got pissed off with his total absence of Albion posts and "constant sniping" at mods. Good on him. Quite a few people had had enough of looney's general gimpishness by then.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
maintain the status quo ante

Some years ago I found it hilarious that some posters thought 1066gull (Adrie) and R M Taylor (Russ) were the same person :lolol:

Does anybody really care that much, I mean really?

I have 2, only because a few people on here know me personally behind this one and I like to be a bit anonymous at times.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Common reasons might be...

- Mischief making
Close new account, temporary ban on main account.
- Wanting to express some more extreme views than they are comfortable doing so with their main account
Close new account, temporary ban on main account.
- Wanting a 'clean start', thereby informally abandoning their previous account and starting again.
Insist that they apply to close their existing account before starting a new account, then allow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here