Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Man of the Match for me too, brilliant defensively and loved his cheeky surge down the left wing!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He continues to put in performances that defy his tender years & inexperience. What a player he's turning out to be!

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I think it's worth noting that the hullabaloo surrounding the Billy Sharpe controversy has not affected his subsequent performances.

Professionalism like that at 19. That;s the Gus effect! xxx

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Man of the Match for me too, brilliant defensively and loved his cheeky surge down the left wing!
This.

I shouted "skin 'em" as he came forward, but then he turned inside!

I just can't believe he's 19, amazing!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Definitely his best performance to date, and there hasn't been a bad one yet. Blatantly the reason we kept a clean sheet today

How would you value him CS? say a bid comes in..i mean it's tricky - we are not in need of money,he has massive potential..say Arsenal came in? a dream,but i wonder how much..

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
How would you value him CS? say a bid comes in..i mean it's tricky - we are not in need of money,he has massive potential..say Arsenal came in? a dream,but i wonder how much..

Sounds like you numpties are willing some one to come in and take our best players just to prove how right you were in saying how good they are.Lets hope no one bids for Dunk or Noone because without them we will struggle.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It's gonna be extremely hard for El Abd to get back into the team now, Dunk has shown he has the ability and he's stepped up and slotted in perfectly.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

I appreciate you're only being hypothetical but I still think it's too early to think of a move like that. Consider we'd all heard of Oxlade-Chamberlain before he made his recent big money switch to Arsenal, whilst our Dunk really isn't much known outside of our club, and the teams we've come up against so far.

However, that's not to say that scouts for the big boys won't have been alerted to his quality.

BUT because we're no longer the selling club we once were I don't think a big club is going to be able to come in and make a cheeky bid to prise him from us knowing we've no chance of holding on to him. Plus when we're in such a good position you have to ask whether he'd be up for a move himself right now. He's a regular in a very successful Championship side, in an awesome stadium, with a fantastic manager. Right now life is GOOD for Lewis Dunk. And he certainly has time on his side to not need to make a rash decision about moving on to bigger things.

Therefore in conclusion if anybody did start sniffing about I'd say whack a £3.5m price tag on him and if that doesn't deter his potential suitors we can reassess his worth.

I do hope we've got him on a long contract

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sounds like you numpties are willing some one to come in and take our best players just to prove how right you were in saying how good they are.Lets hope no one bids for Dunk or Noone because without them we will struggle.

Not at all-if he is good enough,someone will come in,were it be a club like Arsenal then they like to value young players-i really hope he plays for us in the Prem next season..i will put a price tag of £5m on him straight away.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India

We're top of the league and well financed.

Let's move on (historically I know it's difficult ) ,but we don't need to be a selling club anymore. EB was the last star to leave and you never know even he may return to the fold one day?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
If Oxlade Chamberlain is worth £10-12m, what price Dunk at a similar stage? He's only a year or two younger than Jones and Henderson and look what Man U and Liverpool paid for them. In another season if we do well, he could be worth £8m? Sunderland paid that for Conor Wickham and he is an average player at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here