Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gus wont replace Dunk unless he has a couple of shockers, or needs a rest. He has said countless times that he picks players on performances. El-Abd will need to earn a starting place.

Also I think that Dunks distribution is top drawer!
That is when he will get it when El Abd is fit and ready to return, remember Gus said that he is our best defender so rates him very highly and also says that one day Dunk will be a good player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anybody who has anything to do with tickets could tell you as the clubs order a ticket for their scouts to be picked up on arrival. Or anybody standing around the collection point could hear the person ask for their ticket.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If someone was to come in for Dunk (which i doubt at this stage) Dunk would have to consider what is best for his long term career, moving to a Premier League club and being a part of their reserves / development squad or being a part of our first team squad and gaining valuable experience. I can't see him wanting to move atm

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd be very surprised if we sold him to be honest unless silly money.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would think that if Arsenal threw money around like they did with Oxo-Chambermaid TB would have to listen and then make a decision.

I would take no less than £5m now,if he is in the side through till the end of the season then Arsenal will require £10 m plus-not sure he would be worth that,but if that's the going rate elswhere-then it applies here.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I would think that if Arsenal threw money around like they did with Oxo-Chambermaid TB would have to listen and then make a decision.

Yes, if arsenal were to offer in that region, we would be fools not to accept. I don't think it will happen though.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As well as Dunk has played, I don't think Arsenal need any more inexperienced players!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
comedy gold.
Agreed. Sometimes I think he just plucks these observations out of thin air. Part of the reason why El-Abd was so good last season was because he understood his own limitations and kept everything very simple. He'd either play a short pass into the feet of a midfielder or, when pushed wide onto his left foot, would punt down the line for Murray to win in the air. Very rarely did you see him attempt a defence splitting pass - you know, the sort Greer is capable of.

From what I've seen of Dunk so far, he looks a more technically gifted player than Adam, and this allows for a greater range/quality of distribution. For an example, check the pass he played in the Sunderland game that put Noone through on goal in the 2nd half. His decision-making will only improve with age as well.

Don't get me wrong, Adam has proven to be a superb defender under Gus - an absolute rock last season. But Dunk has the potential and the playing attributes to become a top, top class modern day CB, and should rightly keep his place in his side if this form keeps up.

Last edited:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Hell of a game yesterday, I think the position at the back with Greer is his to keep, can't see Elphick or El-Abd taking it back in a hurry

brightonbrowny

Oct 10, 2008
Man of the Match for me too, brilliant defensively and loved his cheeky surge down the left wing!

WHAT A RUN TOO!!! The guy is so confident, assured and an absolute credit to the team!!! Keep it up Dunk!! Greer is equally as good and a clearly magnificent captain motivating the lads.

Finally, great atmosphere at the Amex too (East Stand are getting involved!! :clap2:)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As well as Dunk has played, I don't think Arsenal need any more inexperienced players!

Think a manager may be required,let's hope they go good old fashioned English.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agreed. Sometimes I think he just plucks these observations out of thin air. Part of the reason why El-Abd was so good last season was because he understood his own limitations and kept everything very simple. He'd either play a short pass into the feet of a midfielder or, when pushed wide onto his left foot, would punt down the line for Murray to win in the air. Very rarely did you see him attempt a defence splitting pass - you know, the sort Greer is capable of.

From what I've seen of Dunk so far, he looks a more technically gifted player than Adam, and this allows for a greater range/quality of distribution. For an example, check the pass he played in the Sunderland game that put Noone through on goal in the 2nd half. His decision-making will only improve with age as well.

Don't get me wrong, Adam has proven to be a superb defender under Gus - an absolute rock last season. But Dunk has the potential and the playing attributes to become a top, top class modern day CB, and should rightly keep his place in his side if this form keeps up.

You have obviously missed either by choice or mistake the number of times that he has misplaced a pass back to Ankergren that has played him into trouble and forced him to hack it away or hurry his clearance. The good thing is that time is on Dunks side so he will improve but at the moment I wouldn't say he is a dead cert to keep El Abd out based on Gus's view and rating of El Abd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here