Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Another great performance from Dunky!

Glad he didn't get selected for England, so he can stay fresh to marshal our defence with Greer.

Dunk, Greer, Painter, and Calderon are gelling superbly well thus far as a back four. Long may it continue :clap2:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I appreciate you're only being hypothetical but I still think it's too early to think of a move like that. Consider we'd all heard of Oxlade-Chamberlain before he made his recent big money switch to Arsenal, whilst our Dunk really isn't much known outside of our club, and the teams we've come up against so far.

However, that's not to say that scouts for the big boys won't have been alerted to his quality.

BUT because we're no longer the selling club we once were I don't think a big club is going to be able to come in and make a cheeky bid to prise him from us knowing we've no chance of holding on to him. Plus when we're in such a good position you have to ask whether he'd be up for a move himself right now. He's a regular in a very successful Championship side, in an awesome stadium, with a fantastic manager. Right now life is GOOD for Lewis Dunk. And he certainly has time on his side to not need to make a rash decision about moving on to bigger things.

Therefore in conclusion if anybody did start sniffing about I'd say whack a £3.5m price tag on him and if that doesn't deter his potential suitors we can reassess his worth.

I do hope we've got him on a long contract

Agree-and yes it's early days,he could have a dip in confidence,get injured or simply go off the boil against better forwards,but,i just don't get that feeling..come the end of the season i hope he is still here and if he is he will be worth a lot-re that contract,can anyone help-

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Agree-and yes it's early days,he could have a dip in confidence,get injured or simply go off the boil against better forwards,but,i just don't get that feeling..come the end of the season i hope he is still here and if he is he will be worth a lot-re that contract,can anyone help-

The real test of him holding his nerve against better forwards will come against Liverpool. However, he's already faced Gyan, Phillips, Sharp, Kanu, Miller and Earnshaw, so I'd say he has a pretty good nerve!

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
It's gonna be extremely hard for El Abd to get back into the team now, Dunk has shown he has the ability and he's stepped up and slotted in perfectly.

This, didn't think i'd be saying it but he's got better and better and was my MOM today!

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
'Gyan Phillips Earnshaw Miller Sharp Kanu'

There not really anything on Caroll and Suarez, Caroll's left foot is worth more than all of them put together lol, but dont get me wrong Dunk is playing very well and may long it continue.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's gonna be extremely hard for El Abd to get back into the team now, Dunk has shown he has the ability and he's stepped up and slotted in perfectly.

I disagree as their defensive ability is very similar with nothing to chose between them but where Adam wins is in his distribution which is better than Lewis Dunk's. I think that El Abd will reclaim his place and that Dunk will drop to the bench the one to lose out being Elphick.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We need to start valuing our players much more highly. We're not a selling club anymore and if a big club came along with a bid of £1m or £1.5m I'd really hope TB and Co tell them where to go. I'd rather have Dunk than OxoCube in the team any day. At this rate he'll play for England. :bowdown:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I disagree as their defensive ability is very similar with nothing to chose between them but where Adam wins is in his distribution which is better than Lewis Dunk's. I think that El Abd will reclaim his place and that Dunk will drop to the bench the one to lose out being Elphick.

Gus wont replace Dunk unless he has a couple of shockers, or needs a rest. He has said countless times that he picks players on performances. El-Abd will need to earn a starting place.

Also I think that Dunks distribution is top drawer!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Dunk's form explains why Gus hasn't rushed into buying or getting a new CB on loan, he's seen him in training and pre season and knew he was up to the job playing along side Greer, so far he's been proved right!!! Player of the month for me, just ahead of Noone.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We're top of the league and well financed.

Let's move on (historically I know it's difficult ) ,but we don't need to be a selling club anymore. EB was the last star to leave and you never know even he may return to the fold one day?

Was thinking that yesterday. Don't think he even got on the pitch. Wonder if he's had any second thoughts since his move. Get him back here on a season long loan and let Norwich pay the wages - they got him for almost nothing so it'd help readdress the balance somewhat.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
If we sell Lionel (or Noone or Bridcutt or CMS etc) without Gus approving it as part of a bigger plan, he'll walk.

I think/hope that isn't going to happen until Gus has seen out a season in PL ... summer 2013 or 2014.

Fingers, toes and all wiggly bits crossed.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a new contract by the end of the year, 3 year minimum, preferably 5! Put him on a decent wage so he doesn't think about going anywhere else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here