Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dublin, Shipperley, Dichio and Raziak say 'No' to the Albion

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
No he is not perfect but he has got us promoted and kept us there. If you gave him just a bit of credit your arguments would hold more credence. But no you slag him off at every opportunity and seem to revere Coppell, who also has faults which you choose to overlook.

It is only this season that I have become particualy critical of him. I am happy to admit I would rather not have seen him employed, but he did get us up and just about kept us up. My grip this season is more than anything his use of the press to criticise players, these things should be kept in house.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Coppell is Palace , I've sung about him since I was a boy. I was behind him when he managed us but he didn't achieve anything regardless of circumstances + then left after saying he hadn't spoken to any clubs. In my mind as a true Albion fan he's a c* nt , this arguement is so boring

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Deportivo Seagull said:
.... and because he was the popular choice ... as was Wood ......

I remember being suprised at his appointment. We were meant to be after Coppell or the cameroon fella and then there was a press conference on sky sports and it was Hinch.

A popular choice by some maybe, a suprising choice for others

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
He has found some quality, but Turienzo is looking an expensive (for us) mistake, Molango and Jarratt were both given 3 year deals and now we are trying to shift them, Trolley well hmmmm.

Turinezo is i agree with you on Molango and him, Jarrett is undoubtably a very good player but just has a final ball missing. Trolley is a good signing and certainly brings something to the team, Read the Trolley to watford thread to see whats thought of him.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stinky Kat said:
I remember being suprised at his appointment. We were meant to be after Coppell or the cameroon fella and then there was a press conference on sky sports and it was Hinch.

A popular choice by some maybe, a suprising choice for others

The press conference was arranged when DK got the call from the CAMEROON manager to say he wasnt going to join us after all.

MH was a stop gap get out clause but they allowed him to stay too long before replacing him.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Turinezo is i agree with you on Molango and him, Jarrett is undoubtably a very good player but just has a final ball missing. Trolley is a good signing and certainly brings something to the team, Read the Trolley to watford thread to see whats thought of him.

McCammon being given an 18 month contract was a bad decision and the fact we are trying to offload him shows that. Fair enough that we signed him, but he was out of contract in the summer of 2005 at Millwall, so take him contract over and if he produced the goods then offer him an extenstion. Instead he gets an 18 month deal, scores one goal of note, gets carried off the pitch at half time on TV due to a lack of air, gets chucked off the bus for falling out with McGhee, frozen out for the rest of the season. This season starts well down the pecking order, but via the lottery selection that McGhee employs suddenly appears at Hull, breaks foot, due to cows arse and banjo syndrome with our other forwards reappears, does not score in the league, now seems to be frozen out again and club desperate to offload him.

Hardly been a success, has he?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Caveman said:
Do you honestly believe that?

The rumours at the time were that the club wanted the compensation and went with the view that the manager could be replaced. Madjeski had said if they were to appoint a manager from another club that would do it by the book and pay compensation, rather than go down the underhand route West Ham had taken with regards to Pardew.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
YES most definitely as I was told by somebody close to SC he didn't really want to go to Reading he said he had a job to do at Brighton and wanted to do it, but it was above him and made obvious to him that he should accept the Reading offer. I believe that for any faults that he may have he is an honest truthful man as much as can be in this game.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:
YES most definitely as I was told by somebody close to SC he didn't really want to go to Reading he said he had a job to do at Brighton and wanted to do it, but it was above him and made obvious to him that he should accept the Reading offer. I believe that for any faults that he may have he is an honest truthful man as much as can be in this game.

Funny .. I heard that he wasn't sure about the Reading job as he was very 'wary' of Magicjetski, the fact that managers were falling over themselves to get the job makes me wonder why he would stay with the Albion ...... but then 'heard/was told' and 'horses mouth' are not the same thing.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
BensGrandad said:

sod being reasonable, the blokes Palace

E

enigma

Best has already been on loan to Wednesday if Im not wrong, so no surprise he has gone there.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
saafend_seagull said:
Meanwhile Sheff Wed sign Best and Folly from Soton on loan.
Good on em, nice to see someone is making the effort! :angry: :angry: :angry:

*cue lack of money blah blah blah posts*

E

enigma

Trigger said:
Good on em, nice to see someone is making the effort! :angry: :angry: :angry:

*cue lack of money blah blah blah posts*

I think its fairly obvious McGhee has been making the effort. :rolleyes:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be honest, given our circumstances I'll be happier to see McGhee take a chance on a hard working lower league player than to bring in the likes of Shipperley, Dublin or Dichio.
Apart from the wages that these journeymen tend to demand, I can't imagine they'd be that good for team morale - something that is vital if we are to stay up - because they'll be on a lot more money and will have the attitude that they are only here in the short term and will be off soon. Not exactly prepared to die for the cause then.
Also, look at Luton Town. Warren Feeney (Bmuff) , Ahmet Brkovic (zeros) , Enoch Showumni (non league) all play for a team chasing a playoff spot. Shows how affective a "hard work" ethic can be.
Of course, you're relying on the manager bringing in the right type of player which is always risky, but I'd say McGhee hasn't done a terrible job in finding the right players - especially if, as rumoured, El Turi wasn't his call either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here