Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny v Brighton Supporters Match (players needed)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Update, Yorkshire Seagull has confirmed he will be playing too, so that takes the squad up to 13

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
El Presidente said:
Update, Yorkshire Seagull has confirmed he will be playing too, so that takes the squad up to 13

Thats probably enough isn't it? Dont want too many people sat on the side lines and most will probably want to play the full 70 mins.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The younger lads, and those who play regularly will, but I doubt that goes for everyone.

Add to that the fact that someone is bound to get lost, or forget to wake up, or otherwise fail to show, and I think El Pres would still welcome one or two more.

By the way El Pres, I have a load of my Sunday team's stuff in the car, so can bring a bag of filled drinks bottles for half time, and a couple of balls.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
hans kraay fan club said:
The younger lads, and those who play regularly will, but I doubt that goes for everyone.

Add to that the fact that someone is bound to get lost, or forget to wake up, or otherwise fail to show, and I think El Pres would still welcome one or two more.

By the way El Pres, I have a load of my Sunday team's stuff in the car, so can bring a bag of filled drinks bottles for half time, and a couple of balls.

Yeah that is a fair point.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

and a couple of balls.

I am sure Mrs Hans Kraay has more use for them than I, although you can take the boy out of Brighton, but you can't take Brighton out of the boy.........

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
El Presidente said:
I am sure Mrs Hans Kraay has more use for them than I, although you can take the boy out of Brighton, but you can't take Brighton out of the boy.........

Ta-da-ta-da da, da da.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
DAMANCLAY said:
Yes I thought that, Should be a laugh running around in it.

Playing in a bit of rain is no stress, so long as it is not too cold as well. Standing watching in it is less fun, though the boot of the trusty Passat will contain not just footballs and drinks bottles but also a large golf umbrella for manager Hiney!

At least the preceding days look okay, so the pitch should be alright. If I were to leave the house at 06.30 to drive to Donny, only for some little grounsman fella to decide the pitch was waterlogged, I would probably be a little bit peeved.

Get onto it and have a word with them Mr. Riggadiggagooglio!

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Playing in a bit of rain is no stress, so long as it is not too cold as well. Standing watching in it is less fun, though the boot of the trusty Passat will contain not just footballs and drinks bottles but also a large golf umbrella for manager Hiney!

At least the preceding days look okay, so the pitch should be alright. If I were to leave the house at 06.30 to drive to Donny, only for some little grounsman fella to decide the pitch was waterlogged, I would probably be a little bit peeved.

Get onto it and have a word with them Mr. Riggadiggagooglio!

Yes I would be incredibly annoyed to say the least. To be honest I prefer the rain and wind, Means a lot more long ball and being my height I tend to get alot of those away or can flick a few on if up front. Im not really the most mobile of cb/cf so long ball will suit me down to the ground.

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
There's changing facilities at Cantley Park, so if it does p*ss it down, you can get changed afterwards - think there's showers (no pun intended) as well.

My mate's dropping the kit off (the Donny kit that is) at my house in a bit, so I'll ask him then, as he knows more about the pitch than I do. I doubt the groundsman will abandon the game though, as the pitch is paid for already, and they cannot afford to lose out on the money.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rigoglioso said:
There's changing facilities at Cantley Park, so if it does p*ss it down, you can get changed afterwards - think there's showers as well.

You THINK!:ohmy:

You should see me play. If it is a wet day, I will be caked in mud by the end. I don't fancy sitting at the game, and then driving home 200 miles with 6 kgs of mud under my jeans!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
You THINK!:ohmy:

You should see me play. If it is a wet day, I will be caked in mud by the end. I don't fancy sitting at the game, and then driving home 200 miles with 6 kgs of mud under my jeans!

Same here, Will defo need a shower of some sort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here