Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wonder why Cummins decided to say nothing about everything that was wrong, who had lied and how stupid the PM is when interviewed by the journalist political elite in the Rose Garden ?

His story is he stayed on in the summer, after realizing what a cock Boris is, in order to help save the nation from any further ****wittery when the second wave was expected in the autumn. You may disbelieve him. I couldn't possibly comment ???

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
YES and Eat out to Help out saved the Great British Economy. They are all neck deep in BS. All of them as bad as each other. Cummings is just a rat who's ego cant comprehend he got removed from No 10 when he though he was actually running the country.

nail head.jpg

This, Cummings is just another member of the self serving circus, he is not doing any of this out of the goodness of his heart it about getting his own back for the sacking but Boris and his cronies are also being shown up for the liars they are.

It really is a sad state of affairs.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If wasn’t so shameful that these people who thought this snake was a liar before and now think he’s to believed it would be funny, but alas all it does is demonstrate their sad attempt to politicly point score!

It won’t be long before there is another shitty poll up asking “Who do you believe, Boris or Dom”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No change in opinion required, even Boris tells the truth sometimes, but he is still a piece of shit generally.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Because he's just spinning a tale that he hopes will cause maximum damage, a media frenzy and a social media meltdown amongst people who previously viewed him as totally dishonest and untrustworthy but now, suddenly
.. he's their star witness, paragon of truth etc.:wink:

Interestingly you seemed more than prepared to believe him last year.

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/show...-Cummings-go&p=9355057&viewfull=1#post9355057

The usual suspects coming out to play....one even quoted a tweet by pippa whatsherchops....

So did you.

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/show...-Cummings-go&p=9355065&viewfull=1#post9355065

(And in your case that whole thread is just littered with you backing him up)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I can't be bothered with Cummings, it's either

1. He predicted this all along but no-one listened to him. In which case no one listens to him which means your special advisory skills aren't that special.
2. He was part of the whole shit show and is just as culpable as the rest of them. In which as he is to blame rather than the innocent bystander routine he seems to be coming out with.

Either way, it doesn't reflect well on him and all the wider public think about him is that he was the bell who drove his car to test his eyes.

If Hat Mancock thought he was a bellend, he has actually gone up in my estimation today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
May not like either of them but were both voted in democratically. How else are political leaders supposed to be appointed.

Corbyn would have been a different type of disaster. He has been notoriously slow to respond when the going gets tough. Would he have followed the EUs cautious approach to vaccination safety? An interesting Q given his ambivalence to the EU. We shall never know. My guess is Corbyn lacks the ruthlesness and gambler's detachment necessary to pull off the (risky but in restrospect correct) vaccination triumph.

However, the vaccination programme won't bring back the dead.

Before people give too much credit to Boris over the case numbers in France and Germany versus here, now, let's not forget that they have a lot of catching up to do before their overall death tallies are as bad as ours. From Johns Hopkins (and remember Germany and France have bigger populations than the UK):

UK Confirmed cases 4,483,177, Deaths 128,001
Germany Confirmed cases 3,662,568, Deaths 87,733
France Confirmed cases 5,670,486, Deaths 109,040

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just one look - a weasel I thought. I thought right. He’s as bad as Boris at weaselling.
Jumps out of the pack he was in league with, thinks “OK, people think I’m a ****; I’ll put my hand up, people will forget my shortcummings, and I’ll bring the rest of the b****rs down with me.”

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Corbyn would have been a different type of disaster. He has been notoriously slow to respond when the going gets tough. Would he have followed the EUs cautious approach to vaccination safety? An interesting Q given his ambivalence to the EU. We shall never know. My guess is Corbyn lacks the ruthlesness and gambler's detachment necessary to pull off the (risky but in restrospect correct) vaccination triumph.

Before people give too much credit to Boris over the case numbers in France and Germany versus here, now, let's not forget that they have a lot of catching up to do before their overall death tallies are as bad as ours. From Johns Hopkins (and remember Germany and France have bigger populations than the UK):

My suspicion with Corbyn is we'd have been far more cautious across the board, meaning we'd likely have spent longer in lockdown (likely an extra two weeks at the start, a slower unlock last summer, quicker back in last Autumn and probably a less ambitious target for this summer), but that ultimately fewer people would have died. One thing Cummings has confirmed today (which all the Government actions pointed to) was that Johnson was at time prioritising the economy over lives, something I doubt Corbyn would have done. The argument then being it's easier to resurrect an economy than the dead.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

To be fair, where we got it totally wrong was with care homes and the elderly. Whether this was because of poor or lack of advice I don’t know, but if they had identified and ringfenced some of these issues at the outset, our figures would have been so much better, but no less palatable.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Good to see having a moat around us and not being the Schenghen free travel area worked well for us.

Could be worse there's always Hungary, a country who Johnson is using as a model

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Listening to this you would think Cummings was a fly on the wall not somebody involved with any decisions

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair, where we got it totally wrong was with care homes and the elderly. Whether this was because of poor or lack of advice I don’t know, but if they had identified and ringfenced some of these issues at the outset, our figures would have been so much better, but no less palatable.

Indeed. I wonder how well the death tolls round Europe equate with the way care for the elderly is managed?

My great aunt was in a care home that charged an absolute fortune, yet lost her dentures, allowed her to acquire perpetual conjunctivitis, and in the space of 18 months years turned her into a sad person who wanted to die (and quickly did). The staff were well-meaning, but poorly educated and no doubt poorly paid. There must be some reason why people have been climbing over one another to set up 'care homes' over the las 30 years in the UK......I would be very surprised if the elderly pay through the nose to be neglected by peasants in German care homes.

Incidentally someone mentioned the unbelievable data from Africa. Covid is a seasonal flu and much of Africa has no 'winter'. In addition, average life expectancy is low. In Nigeria it is 54. Covid kills the old disproportionately (see above). I looked at ONS and it says more than 90% of Covid deaths in the UK are among the over 60s. My guess is the African mortality figures are roughly correct.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Correct. Until there was a vaccine our figures (deaths) were standout appalling. We now have one tenth or fewer new cases per 100,000 than other major nations because of the vaccination programme. That has worked brilliantly.

I have no issues with our bogarting all the vaccines while the EU vaccilated and are still super slow to jab. However, it was a gung ho decision by Boris to vaccinate like mad before the safety data were all in. I doubt he has enough knowledge about immunology and injectable formulation (and safety testing) for his decision to be informed so, on this occasion, Boris got lucky.

MHRA approved the vaccines and JVCI (including England, Scotland and Wales health authorities) approved the 12wk interval. both decisions based on data from Pfizer/AZ. and EHRA had approved Pfizer before we did. Johnson didnt make any decision, the positive data on PII/III vaccine trails made it for him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good to see having a moat around us and not being the Schenghen free travel area worked well for us.

Could be worse there's always Hungary, a country who Johnson is using as a model

Hungary Confirmed Cases 802,510 Deaths 29,581

But population 9.8 million. We are 66.7 million. So if we scale up the Hungary numbers to UK's population:

Cases 5,461,981 Deaths 201,331.

Is Boris seriously wanting to emulate Hungary? Or were you joking?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

it was "reverse triage" procedure to clear the hosptials of existing patients, to make way for expected surge of Covid patients. look out for it in the public inquiry, we'll find out which department/office instigated it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Matt Hancock in 2 weeks time. Can't wait for that one as well.

I wonder if he'll return fire. He's been utterly slated today and it's been hilarious.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Because he's just spinning a tale that he hopes will cause maximum damage, a media frenzy and a social media meltdown amongst people who previously viewed him as totally dishonest and untrustworthy but now, suddenly
.. he's their star witness, paragon of truth etc.:wink:

There's a very simple answer to that, he used to work for the Government...and now he doesn't

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here