Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Would be hard to throw Sunak under a bus, considering the excellent work he has done, Although undoubtedly abused by some, the furlough scheme has been one of the Covid crisis success stories.

YES and Eat out to Help out saved the Great British Economy. They are all neck deep in BS. All of them as bad as each other. Cummings is just a rat who's ego cant comprehend he got removed from No 10 when he though he was actually running the country.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Because at that time he was still an employee of the goverment so would have been a whistleblower.

I think he is blowing a whistle now so if he was a person of conviction would have done it then, clearly he isn't

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
YES and Eat out to Help out saved the Great British Economy. They are all neck deep in BS. All of them as bad as each other. Cummings is just a rat who's ego cant comprehend he got removed from No 10 when he though he was actually running the country.

Yes, we know you don't like them!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Cummings says that at the last election people had a choice between a government led by Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn. He says any system that presents people with a choice like that has gone “extremely badly wrong”.

There are thousands of people who could provide better leadership, he says.

He also says it is “crazy” that someone like himself was able to have so much power. And it was “crackers” that Johnson was in there too, he says.

He says the political parties need to ask themselves about why they present the public with choices like this.

Oh no. I have some common ground with the snivelling weasel.

It is truly tragic we were faced with this choice, even though the left politics of JC are not fit for the modern age if he had won the GE ten of thousands would still be alive.

Johnson really has been the worse type of PM for pretty much the worse situation. Its a personality cult nothing else

Above all we need electoral reform now, our democracy is not representative and with the current meddling and planned gerrymandering it is only going to get worse

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Think Cummings is saying (thinly-veiled) that it wouldn't be such a shit show if he (or anyone other than Johnson/Corbyn/rest of the current UK political class) had have been running the country. Cummings has already aggressively highlighted that the current political system gave us a binary choice of either Johnson or Corbyn!!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1397542462315503621[/tweet]

Yep...

capture.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He has said that 10k plus people died that shouldnt. Sorry if he thought that why didnt he resign and call a press conference

Because he's just spinning a tale that he hopes will cause maximum damage, a media frenzy and a social media meltdown amongst people who previously viewed him as totally dishonest and untrustworthy but now, suddenly
.. he's their star witness, paragon of truth etc.:wink:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
He has said that 10k plus people died that shouldnt. Sorry if he thought that why didnt he resign and call a press conference

Maybe he thinks that by staying, with his limited influence, he helped save people's lives. He egotistical enough to think that.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Because he's just spinning a tale that he hopes will cause maximum damage, a media frenzy and a social media meltdown amongst people who previously viewed him as totally dishonest and untrustworthy but now, suddenly

The usual suspects coming out to play....one even quoted a tweet by pippa whatsherchops....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Or many other Countries. If you believe African COVID figures then best of luck if you are intending to visit...

There's over 50 countries on the African continent. Which countries are you talking about specifically?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It is truly tragic we were faced with this choice, even though the left politics of JC are not fit for the modern age if he had won the GE ten of thousands would still be alive.

Johnson really has been the worse type of PM for pretty much the worse situation. Its a personality cult nothing else

Above all we need electoral reform now, our democracy is not representative and with the current meddling and planned gerrymandering it is only going to get worse

May not like either of them but were both voted in democratically. How else are political leaders supposed to be appointed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1397527936643837952[/tweet]

[tweet]1397528120274702342[/tweet]

[tweet]1397528270594355200[/tweet]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

If wasn’t so shameful that these people who thought this snake was a liar before and now think he’s to believed it would be funny, but alas all it does is demonstrate their sad attempt to politicly point score!

It won’t be long before there is another shitty poll up asking “Who do you believe, Boris or Dom”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Pretty much this, an over used word this year has been unprecedented...
this pandemic is unprecedented, it could be 5 years before we discover if the UK comes out of this well or appallingly. Did the UK Government make many basic mistakes? undoubtedly,did the UK Government get ONE thing right, ie vaccine rollout? Absolutely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Corrected for you.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
If wasn’t so shameful that these people who thought this snake was a liar before and now think he’s to believed it would be funny, but alas all it does is demonstrate their sad attempt to politicly point score!

It won’t be long before there is another shitty poll up asking “Who do you believe, Boris or Dom”

It must be very embarrassing and quite confusing for the dirty dozen [emoji6]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Other people dealing with it badly doesn't mean we have dealt with it well or that we have no lessons to learn.

Correct. Until there was a vaccine our figures (deaths) were standout appalling. We now have one tenth or fewer new cases per 100,000 than other major nations because of the vaccination programme. That has worked brilliantly.

I have no issues with our bogarting all the vaccines while the EU vaccilated and are still super slow to jab. However, it was a gung ho decision by Boris to vaccinate like mad before the safety data were all in. I doubt he has enough knowledge about immunology and injectable formulation (and safety testing) for his decision to be informed so, on this occasion, Boris got lucky.

He will obviously milk this. The question is: will his next judgement call be like the success of the vaccination, or the utter **** up of the first 9 months of the pandemic? The answer is it will be down to chance. Happy with that, everyone? Most seem to be, sadly.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

No but would be interesting to know if people think more or less of Cummings after this I am in the less camp

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here