Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
MHRA approved the vaccines and JVCI (including England, Scotland and Wales health authorities) approved the 12wk interval. both decisions based on data from Pfizer/AZ. and EHRA had approved Pfizer before we did. Johnson didnt make any decision, the positive data on PII/III vaccine trails made it for him.

I'm not disagreeing, or trying to defend him, but I get the impression he is still 'popular' with voters because he did not do what even the Germans did, and vacillate over vaccination (invoking lack of proof of effectiveness/safety in all age groups among other things) that caused more than 3 months delay in the acquisition and deployment of vaccines in the EU, allowing us to buy up massive stocks.

He may not have 'approved' the programme but he could easily have bottled it and vetoed the roll out like the Europeans did.

And of course the Brexitters are using this as evidence that we would have (sorry, would of) been made to hold off the rollout had we stayed in the EU (the truth is all nations were free to go their own way but the likes of Germany cancelled their independent vaccine purchase so as to fit in with the EU and not upset the likes of France and Greece; had we been in the EU, HMG may well have done the same).

Some of the above may be inaccurate. Feel free to tell me Boris had nothing to do with the mass ordering of vast amounts of vaccine, or had any role in the refusal to step back and allow the EU nations their 'fair share' of vaccine. Likewise feel free to explain how the patheticly slow rollout in Germany (a mate of mine who is over 65 got his first jab recently only by blagging one) is just coincidence or a reflection of the relative disorganisation of German society compared with ours. I am quite happy to give Boris no credit if none is due since I detest the man, but I was under the impression . . . . has he fooled me yet again? :eek:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Matt Hancock in 2 weeks time. Can't wait for that one as well.

I wonder if he'll return fire. He's been utterly slated today and it's been hilarious.

The alleged excuse for not sacking him (which was that he’d take the brunt of the blame from the public inquiry and be sacked then, thus saving the PM from resigning) is so Johnsonian. It’s almost funny until you think of the tens of thousands of extra deaths we’ve had due to the incompetence of the pair.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surprisingly Cummings hasn't really dropped anything that wasn't already suspected or patently obvious. It merely confirms what a pack of rats we have in control of the country. Even saying " Johnson is unfit for the job of PM " is pretty obvious to many, even some in the Tory Party, although I do believe that thought hasn't crossed Johnsons mind just yet.

Princess Nut Nut and Dylan better be hiding behind one of those expensive sofa's when Johnson gets home tonight

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hungary Confirmed Cases 802,510 Deaths 29,581

But population 9.8 million. We are 66.7 million. So if we scale up the Hungary numbers to UK's population:

Cases 5,461,981 Deaths 201,331.

Is Boris seriously wanting to emulate Hungary? Or were you joking?

Its more on style of governance where Johnson want emulate Hungary, weaken press freedom, attack the judiciary, weaponise immigration etc...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Quote du jour for me:

“Helen MacNamara said: ‘I’ve come through here to the Prime Minister’s Office to tell you all I think that we’re absolutely ****ed. I think this country is heading for a disaster. I think we’re going to kill thousands of people.’”

Either that or

“He should have been fired for at least 15-20 things, including lying to everybody on multiple occasions in meeting after meeting in the Cabinet room and publicly.”

Absolute box office.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
it was "reverse triage" procedure to clear the hosptials of existing patients, to make way for expected surge of Covid patients. look out for it in the public inquiry, we'll find out which department/office instigated it.

I experienced this myself first hand, in the early days the hospitals were trying all they could to discharge elderly patients as quickly as possible, without testing for COVID and without giving providers any information on the current COVID situation in the hospital or on the wards. I told my staff to hold firm however it wasn't easy, one consultant told us we would go out of business if we didn't change our attitude. I can understand how many providers felt they had no option and unfortunately some of these people were effectively ticking time bombs, people being discharged in to community care from hospital with COVID.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've realise that what I really like is the juxtaposition of the ridiculous sitcom stuff - e.g. Carrie Symonds and the story about the dog, the reverse ferret about Barnard Castle, the keystone cops cabinet meetings - with the utter tragedy that each of these things has contributed to. And all of this refracted through a prism of revenge and self-protection. It's great

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

I'm not disagreeing, or trying to defend him, but I get the impression he is still 'popular' with voters because he did not do what even the Germans did, and vacillate over vaccination (invoking lack of proof of effectiveness/safety in all age groups among other things) that caused more than 3 months delay in the acquisition and deployment of vaccines in the EU, allowing us to buy up massive stocks.

He may not have 'approved' the programme but he could easily have bottled it and vetoed the roll out like the Europeans did.

And of course the Brexitters are using this as evidence that we would have (sorry, would of) been made to hold off the rollout had we stayed in the EU (the truth is all nations were free to go their own way but the likes of Germany cancelled their independent vaccine purchase so as to fit in with the EU and not upset the likes of France and Greece; had we been in the EU, HMG may well have done the same).

Some of the above may be inaccurate. Feel free to tell me Boris had nothing to do with the mass ordering of vast amounts of vaccine, or had any role in the refusal to step back and allow the EU nations their 'fair share' of vaccine. Likewise feel free to explain how the patheticly slow rollout in Germany (a mate of mine who is over 65 got his first jab recently only by blagging one) is just coincidence or a reflection of the relative disorganisation of German society compared with ours. I am quite happy to give Boris no credit if none is due since I detest the man, but I was under the impression . . . . has he fooled me yet again? :eek:

According to Cummings today the success of the vaccine rollout was down to keeping it away from the disastrous Dept for Health (and therefore Hancock) and appointing a role to oversee it (Zahawi). Zahawi then recruited a team that actually knew what they were doing.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Cummings motivation or whether he is a nice bloke or a prick is entirely irrelevant here. He is not an elected official Boris and the rest of them are. 20 years ago this sort of information would've brought down the government, now they'll probably go up in the polls.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
According to Cummins today the success of the vaccine rollout was down to keeping it away from the disastrous Dept for Health (and therefore Hancock) and appointing a role to oversee it (Zahawi). Zahawi then recruited a team that actually knew what they were doing.

Still hard for Boris to not be able to say little and yet still bask in reflected glory.....

Or even say 'well Cummins would say that wouldn't he but I can't possibly comment'.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Dominic Cummings must be held to account, not made the star of the show!
Johnston should be held to account later when the full enquiry is underway.....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
handcock.gif

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Still hard for Boris to not be able to say little and yet still bask in reflected glory.....

Or even say 'well Cummins would say that wouldn't he but I can't possibly comment'.

Now is not the time.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Thats the beauty of ruling a divided country, you only have to please your fan club, the cap doffers and flag shaggers

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thats the beauty of ruling a divided country, you only have to please your fan club, the cap doffers and flag shaggers

That's what Donald Trump thought.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Every time you use ‘Boris’ rather than ‘Johnson’ you breathe life into the mythical construct of the pally, bumbling, user-friendly blond chubster rather than the ruthless, nasty specimen he really is.

The Labour Party, YOUR Labour Party, hereby serves you, HWT, with a cease and desist order effective immediately.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
If only he hadn’t tested he eyesight in Barnard Castle, he might have got some traction with all this stuff.

He can shout and scream all he likes but it just sounds a bit bitter and twisted.

A shame - as the Government needs to be called to account. But there doesn’t seem to be anyone credible to do it at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Dominic Cummings must be held to account, not made the star of the show!
Johnston should be held to account later when the full enquiry is underway.....

Who is this Johnston you speak of? Is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson so difficult to remember or spell correctly !? :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here