Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He clearly turned up today not only to give his opinion on how virus was dealt with but was determined to not leave until he had well and truly put the knife in . Something I am sure he told them he would do when he left. I just think its so strange to be so critical when you have worked at top of government for many years,including I think about 4 years for Gove

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Devi Sridhar was just on C4 News saying that she found Cummings statement to be 'honest'. If it's good enough for DS, then it's WAY good enough for me

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If wasn’t so shameful that these people who thought this snake was a liar before and now think he’s to believed it would be funny, but alas all it does is demonstrate their sad attempt to politicly point score!

It won’t be long before there is another shitty poll up asking “Who do you believe, Boris or Dom”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So you think because he lied before everything he is now saying is also a lie? Try and sift through the info. I can't stand the man but he is the sort of person that is going to ensure that he has 'insurance' to protect himself.

We know for a fact that Johnson lies. His former work colleagues had warned us and it was proved when he lied to the Queen about proroguing Parliament.

Grown ups will make a judgement on what are lies and what could be the truth.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So you think because he lied before everything he is now saying is also a lie? Try and sift through the info. I can't stand the man but he is the sort of person that is going to ensure that he has 'insurance' to protect himself.

We know for a fact that Johnson lies. His former work colleagues had warned us and it was proved when he lied to the Queen about proroguing Parliament.

For sure Cummings will "have the receipts".

He'll just be waiting for a relevant denial to happen before using them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

I think Boris will ride this out quite easily, not saying that he should, just taking into account the way in which a lot of the British public behave, they simply don't seem to care any more about these sort of things and the ones that do don't currently have a lot of clout

I think he might well lose support from any families or friends of the 127k that have died if he had any support from them before Cummings’ bean spilling.

I also think that his personal brand could become toxic with the educated Tory voters, mostly in the south. I just don’t think they can stomach the man anymore. To talk stereotypes, he’ll clearly keep the support of the ‘Sun readers’ but the ‘Telegraph, Daily Mail & Times readers’, I’m not so sure. If the Tories stab him in the back and get rid of the oaf pre-election, you could see Sunak or Rabb becoming leader and then PM after the next election. I’m not so sure Johnson can ride this out with his profound habit of making enemies with anyone who has ever met him, even his family hate him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
to be fair to the rest of the board I don't think you should bring your bear pit spats on here

Now that's funny because I wouldn't have seen this post had you not have quoted it. And I've had bear pit spats with a number of accounts, but not this particular one :wink:

And back on topic - although, truth be known, I am struggling to keep pointing out the bleedin' obvious :shrug:

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m reading about the history of Ancient Rome at the moment. From the Republic to the emperors and then back to the republic again.... Such deceit, greed, narcissism and treachery and many other such vulgar human traits.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
If wasn’t so shameful that these people who thought this snake was a liar before and now think he’s to believed it would be funny, but alas all it does is demonstrate their sad attempt to politicly point score!

It won’t be long before there is another shitty poll up asking “Who do you believe, Boris or Dom”

Whereas, I'm sure you believed he was behaving honourably to protect his family last year, but now he's a liar.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Capture.PNG

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Let me put it this way, if I rewound the clock to the Barnard Castle debacle thread and told each and every vociferous Cummings hater that in 2021 they would hanging onto his every word suggesting he’s to be believed they would probably suggest I should be sectioned [emoji6]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Let me put it this way, if I rewound the clock to the Barnard Castle debacle thread and told each and every vociferous Cummings hater that in 2021 they would hanging onto his every word suggesting he’s to be believed they would probably suggest I should be sectioned [emoji6]

I guess the difference here is that he is in huge trouble if he is lying, isn’t it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I loathe Johnson but Cummings is a liar and not to be trusted. Why is he being listened to? Whatever he’s up to, it’s for his own benefit. I wish the press would stop giving the man coverage.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

No, I just think you're acting like a child. Some of us aren't 'hanging on his every word'. We're making assessments as to what we think might be true and what isn't. You on the other hand are just ranting.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I loathe Johnson but Cummings is a liar and not to be trusted. Why is he being listened to? Whatever he’s up to, it’s for his own benefit. I wish the press would stop giving the man coverage.

As I watched I thought that several of the 'interrogators' were rather too deferential to a proven liar whose egotism and mendacity contributed significantly to undermining the probity of government and trashed our reputation as a nation.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
As soon as Trump insulted the Emperor Xi Jinping, the release of the virus was inevitable. The CCP could never win a conventional war with the USA, so a pandemic to destroy western economies, with a few thousand friendly fire casualties as smoke and mirrors was always going to be the way forward. Here we are, China prospering, now our main source of imports rather than Germany, and we’re focusing on Cummings v Johnson. Pathetic.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
drew;9876482[B said:
]So you think because he lied before everything he is now saying is also a lie? Try and sift through the info. I can't stand the man but he is the sort of person that is going to ensure that he has 'insurance' to protect himself.

That’s the logic regularly used against Boris Johnson. Many on NSC proudly proclaim this about Boris at every opportunity and now are hanging on to every claim from Cummings. Hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here