Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As soon as Trump insulted the Emperor Xi Jinping, the release of the virus was inevitable. The CCP could never win a conventional war with the USA, so a pandemic to destroy western economies, with a few thousand friendly fire casualties as smoke and mirrors was always going to be the way forward. Here we are, China prospering, now our main source of imports rather than Germany, and we’re focusing on Cummings v Johnson. Pathetic.
Possibly a dry run for something worse.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I loathe Johnson but Cummings is a liar and not to be trusted. Why is he being listened to? Whatever he’s up to, it’s for his own benefit. I wish the press would stop giving the man coverage.
He's up to distancing himself from the debacle. Redeeming himself enough so future PM Gove can re-appoint him further down the road.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Antikythera Mechanism;9876..532 said:
As soon as Trump insulted the Emperor Xi Jinping, the release of the virus was inevitable. The CCP could never win a conventional war with the USA, so a pandemic to destroy western economies, with a few thousand friendly fire casualties as smoke and mirrors was always going to be the way forward. Here we are, China prospering, now our main source of imports rather than Germany, and we’re focusing on Cummings v Johnson. Pathetic.

I think you are missing a couple of key things ..... Cummings spent 3 years in Russia in his youth which has never been properly explained and Johnson and the Tory party have received some spectacular cash donations from Russian emigre's in recent years . The Russian wife of a close associate of Putin bid £90,000 for a fund raising game of tennis with Johnson...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think you are missing a couple of key things ..... Cummings spent 3 years in Russia in his youth which has never been properly explained and Johnson and the Tory party have received some spectacular cash donations from Russian emigre's in recent years . The Russian wife of a close associate of Putin bid £90,000 for a fund raising game of tennis with Johnson...
Not to mention that we now have a Baron of Hampton and Siberia in the House of Lords.

:facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not to mention that we now have a Baron of Hampton and Siberia in the House of Lords.

:facepalm:

Indeed, quite possibly earned by the surreptitious use of CCTV footage gained at one of the many parties at his villa in Perugia frequented by our lecherous PM

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cummings’ record;

“I’m not going to dignify that with an answer”

“Okay, here’s the truth of what happened”

“Okay, now here’s the actual truth”

Yeah right.

Lies, lies and more damned lies.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

My comment had nothing to do with this spat between Cummings and Johnson, rather the source of the pandemic being the CCP.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, I just think you're acting like a child. Some of us aren't 'hanging on his every word'. We're making assessments as to what we think might be true and what isn't. You on the other hand are just ranting.

True, some are not hanging on his every word, but, TBH there are some who are lapping it up with unadulterated glee - a broad spectrum even amongst the anti-Boris factions, eh?

As for, We are making assessments as to what we think might be true but you on the other hand, are just ranting like a child ..........................

Well, I guess we can all make assessments about that view too.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No, I just think you're acting like a child. Some of us aren't 'hanging on his every word'. We're making assessments as to what we think might be true and what isn't. You on the other hand are just ranting.

Oh dear, you don’t agree or like what I have to say so you’re calling me a child, I fear old son it is you that is ranting [emoji6]

I’ll leave this conversation here then, you’re dismissed [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cummings’ record;

“I’m not going to dignify that with an answer”

“Okay, here’s the truth of what happened”

“Okay, now here’s the actual truth”

Yeah right.

Lies, lies and more damned lies.

We will see, but this wasn't to the press it was to a select committee. I was appalled he didn't lose his job last summer but today was an incredible insight into the dysfunctionality at the heart of Government.

I've read a number of things Cummings has written over the years and he is clearly bat shit crazy on a number of subjects. However I do listen to him when he talks about the crippling bureaucracy, resistance to change and vested interests in Whitehall.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

We will see, but this wasn't to the press it was to a select committee. I was appalled he didn't lose his job last summer but today was an incredible insight into the dysfunctionality at the heart of Government.

I've read a number of things Cummings has written over the years and he is clearly bat shit crazy on a number of subjects. However I do listen to him when he is slagging off the Government.

Corrected for you [emoji6]

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Corrected for you [emoji6]Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boring and a simplistic tabloid analysis.

He has highlighted the same things every Government has done since Thatcher. It usually bumbles along, but this was the first real time the structures were tested post war and they have failed massively. In that he is correct.

It's not a public v private sector debate because that has failed too. The problem with these established structures (of which there are many) is that simply allows the wrong people to be in charge.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Boring and a simplistic tabloid analysis.

He has highlighted the same things every Government has done since Thatcher. It usually bumbles along, but this was the first real time the structures were tested post war and they have failed massively. In that he is correct.

It's not a public v private sector debate because that has failed too. The problem with these established structures (of which there are many) is that simply allows the wrong people to be in charge.

Would just like to add that mundane things like Home,family,work etc come first in this household,maybe i am alone in this POV ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My comment had nothing to do with this spat between Cummings and Johnson, rather the source of the pandemic being the CCP.

I think you will find that the Russians are only too pleased to be able to destabilise the West and in particular Europe for their own purposes .... and Russia and China have been getting rather pally lately.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Oh dear, you don’t agree or like what I have to say so you’re calling me a child, I fear old son it is you that is ranting [emoji6]

I’ll leave this conversation here then, you’re dismissed [emoji106]

Point proven. So far all you have done is slag of Cummings as an untrustworthy lying toerag. You haven't, as far as I can see, made one comment on what he has said.

From my perspective, I can't stand the guy but I don't think he is going to say some of the things he has without evidence to back it up. HIs liberty, rather than just his job, is at stake. His amended Barnard story is still unbelievable and it still remains a happy coincidence that it was his wife's birthday!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just been reading some of the commentary.

Some of what he says is probably true but Cummings is certainly trying to rewrite history. Are we really supposed to believe that he knew the right answers all along and everyone else was an idiot? He sounds very much like like captain hindsight!

The only way he'll bring anyone down here is if he goes down with them. I don't think he's got the bollocks to take himself down by admitting his own part in the failings. Also, he's thrown SO much shit that nobody can tell what's stuck and what hasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here