Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
True, some are not hanging on his every word, but, TBH there are some who are lapping it up with unadulterated glee - a broad spectrum even amongst the anti-Boris factions, eh?

As for, We are making assessments as to what we think might be true but you on the other hand, are just ranting like a child ..........................

Well, I guess we can all make assessments about that view too.

That comment was directed only at one poster so not quite sure why you're taking umbrage.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Today in a nutshell...

Capture.PNG

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just been reading some of the commentary.

Some of what he says is probably true but Cummings is certainly trying to rewrite history. Are we really supposed to believe that he knew the right answers all along and everyone else was an idiot? He sounds very much like like captain hindsight!

The only way he'll bring anyone down here is if he goes down with them. I don't think he's got the bollocks to take himself down by admitting his own part in the failings. Also, he's thrown SO much shit that nobody can tell what's stuck and what hasn't.

He is a very odd character with some deeply unnerving views and sees the world in a very binary way. This was obviously his chance to settle a few scores.

However, he took personal responsibility for making mistakes that have lead to thousands of unnecessary deaths. It was a compelling testimony from someone in public office.

I haven't suddenly become a Cummings fan, I just agree with about 10% of what he says whilst disagreeing strongly with 90% of the rest.

He should have been nowhere near Government post Brexit, but as he was he is an important witness to the cluster**** that has developed over the last year. If his testimony is bollocks it will be disproved, but most of it today was probably correct.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Oh dear, you don’t agree or like what I have to say so you’re calling me a child, I fear old son it is you that is ranting [emoji6]

I’ll leave this conversation here then, you’re dismissed [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here’s a thing...would Cummings have had to signed the official secrets act? If he did and and he started pulling rabbits out of his arse regarding actual written or recorded evidence, he could right in the cart....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We will see, but this wasn't to the press it was to a select committee. I was appalled he didn't lose his job last summer but today was an incredible insight into the dysfunctionality at the heart of Government.

I've read a number of things Cummings has written over the years and he is clearly bat shit crazy on a number of subjects. However I do listen to him when he talks about the crippling bureaucracy, resistance to change and vested interests in Whitehall.

and that, if people are pay attention beyond the Johnson headlines, is his agenda. always has been.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He is a very odd character with some deeply unnerving views and sees the world in a very binary way. This was obviously his chance to settle a few scores.

However, he took personal responsibility for making mistakes that have lead to thousands of unnecessary deaths. It was a compelling testimony from someone in public office.

I haven't suddenly become a Cummings fan, I just agree with about 10% of what he says whilst disagreeing strongly with 90% of the rest.

He should have been nowhere near Government post Brexit, but as he was he is an important witness to the cluster**** that has developed over the last year. If his testimony is bollocks it will be disproved, but most of it today was probably correct.

Quite a surreal day really , hopefully some of what he has said is documented and will come out from other sources BUT whilst it might spell the downfall of Johnson he will only be replaced by some more odious c*nt whose strings are pulled by the non elected power brokers behind the Tories.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We will see, but this wasn't to the press it was to a select committee. I was appalled he didn't lose his job last summer but today was an incredible insight into the dysfunctionality at the heart of Government.

I've read a number of things Cummings has written over the years and he is clearly bat shit crazy on a number of subjects. However I do listen to him when he talks about the crippling bureaucracy, resistance to change and vested interests in Whitehall.

Oh, I think he is telling the truth about the rotten government, I just wish it was testimony from someone with a bit more credibility. Having said that, there is something of a shortage of credible characters around at the moment.

I imagine the vast majority of the accusations levelled at this truly diabolic government will evaporate within a few months and I very much think Johnson will step down, walk away to write his book and cash his after-dinner cheques rubbing his pudgy hands together. I am also in no doubt that he will be very pleased with himself as he thinks "They thought what I was accused of was bad? If only they knew what I was really up to"...

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A man who ignored the rules that he helped to implement, claims that others did not take the issue seriously.

Mistakes made by many, but Cummings is a special sort.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
True, some are not hanging on his every word, but, TBH there are some who are lapping it up with unadulterated glee - a broad spectrum even amongst the anti-Boris factions, eh?

As for, We are making assessments as to what we think might be true but you on the other hand, are just ranting like a child ..........................

Well, I guess we can all make assessments about that view too.

The fact is, to work for Boris, being a truth twister is a pre requisite, his government is built on a platform of dishonesty. Now Cummings doesn't have to toe the party line he can be honest for the first time

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not enough people in this country even care about these revelations sadly.

We are mirroring the US in their Cult like following of Donald Trump.

People should be on the Streets tomorrow demanding the Resignation of Boris Johnson but it won't happen. Too many people want to be led. Even if it means being led to or deaths.

We are not the first to be led to our graves. The Germans followed Adolf Hitler blindly. The Serbs followed Milosovic blindly to their deaths. ISIS members follow blindly to their deaths.

There won't be any demonstrations on the streets tomorrow and everyone saying " Oh dear tut tut Boris " will be marking their. " X. "beside his name at the next Election

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

People should be on the Streets tomorrow demanding the Resignation of Boris Johnson but it won't happen. Too many people want to be led. Even if it means being led to or deaths.

We are not the first to be led to our graves. The Germans followed Adolf Hitler blindly. The Serbs followed Milosovic blindly to their deaths. ISIS members follow blindly to their deaths.

There won't be any demonstrations on the streets tomorrow and everyone saying " Oh dear tut tut Boris " will be marking their. " X. "beside his name at the next Election

Quite. As long as people think the government are getting rid of foreigners and are making sure we don't let "the wokes" take over, they will keep voting for them. It's very hard to oppose lies if people want to believe those lies.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I actually struggle to view the current administration in ideological terms. Unfortunately the current bunch of shysters will go along with anything to keep themselves in power.

If I had to, they actually remind me of a dysfunctional Communist regime, such are the complexities of modern politics.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Ah, good old Godwins law plus doubling down with ISIS, Milosovic references... well played sir 👏

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The fact is, to work for Boris, being a truth twister is a pre requisite, his government is built on a platform of dishonesty. Now Cummings doesn't have to toe the party line he can be honest for the first time

you wont get "the truth" though, you'll get his perception, disconnected from any factors and details to decisions he either doesnt want to share.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Oh, I think he is telling the truth about the rotten government, I just wish it was testimony from someone with a bit more credibility. Having said that, there is something of a shortage of credible characters around at the moment.

The fact is, to work for Boris, being a truth twister is a pre requisite, his government is built on a platform of dishonesty.

Don't forget that a minister, Johnny Mercer, resigned just a month ago saying that the government was riddled with liars, so there already is a corroborating source (he also sent an "I told you so" tweet earlier today)

And Peter Oborne, the staunchly conservative journalist has also written a book detailing Johnson's long history of mendacity; so there are plenty of credible witnesses to support Cummings' testimony.

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't care about these revelations, it bores the hell out of me.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I don't care about these revelations, it bores the hell out of me.

Yes. That was the poster's point wasn't it.

Good to know people like you are bored of the lessons we can learn from our Covid response. Thanks for your input.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yes. That was the poster's point wasn't it.

Good to know people like you are bored of the lessons we can learn from our Covid response. Thanks for your input.

It seems that the protesting type’s are more interested in Gitmo Bay and the troubles in the Holy Land this weekend rather than what a known liars testimony represents!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Why don’t you start a protest then?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It seems that the protesting type’s are more interested in Gitmo Bay and the troubles in the Holy Land this weekend rather than what a known liars testimony represents!

Huh?

Anyway, adults in the room are interested in what this known liar has to say and how much of it can be corroborated. From what I heard yesterday, a lot of it rang true for anyone paying attention.

The problem, as has been said already is that when a known liar has already helped create a culture where the truth is secondary, too few people are interested when they do actually spill some truth beans.

Quite funny seeing NSC's most prolific Brexit cheerleaders all getting in a tizzy and absolutely scandalised at the thought of people listening to this utterly dishonest man, Dominic Cummings, *checks notes*, campaign director of Vote Leave. Perhaps yesterday would have been a good idea to ask where the 350 million quid a week for the NHS was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here