Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
ALL of this.

Covid cases are on the rise in the North West, yet 2000+ Manchester United fans have travelled to Poland for the Europa League final 'because they can' on the proviso that they Self Isolate at home on their return...

The actual number of Manchester Untied supporters who will actually Self Isolate at home on their return will be about errr, zero, I should imagine.
It's not a problem for Man U fans to travel, London, apart from Hounslow, has Covid under control.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it seems that if we'd just done everything Cummings said (which he made up on the hoof like everyone else), everything would have been fine. he's the leader we desperately needed for desperate times. if only we had known, instead of fussing over his breaking the rules.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Cummings says that at the last election people had a choice between a government led by Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn. He says any system that presents people with a choice like that has gone “extremely badly wrong”.

There are thousands of people who could provide better leadership, he says.

He also says it is “crazy” that someone like himself was able to have so much power. And it was “crackers” that Johnson was in there too, he says.

He says the political parties need to ask themselves about why they present the public with choices like this.

Oh no. I have some common ground with the snivelling weasel.
Brilliant stuff, thanks 👍🤣👍

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Odd how he hasn’t mentioned or had a pop at Gove yet....

Gove hasn't been mentioned and he's been very, very keen to exonerate Sunak while throwing Hancock and Johnson under a bus. Our first real hint of the tide turning in the Conservative party, perhaps?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Listening to this you would think we were only European country that made mistakes. France and Italy will end up with more deaths than UK and Germany and Spain will be 100k plus Even Belgium will have more deaths per mil pop

And if anyone believes the Covid figures that France has been giving out for months now, they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Listening to this you would think we were only European country that made mistakes. France and Italy will end up with more deaths than UK and Germany and Spain will be 100k plus Even Belgium will have more deaths per mil pop

Other people dealing with it badly doesn't mean we have dealt with it well or that we have no lessons to learn.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I find it difficult to argue with that. I have posted before about the selfishness of the mask dodgers, the refusal of M&S to shut non essential retail, and of the frustration that the authorities, having introduced the rules, did nothing to ensure they were properly policed and enforced and the miscreants punished.

I'm sure many more people would go robbing if they knew that nobody would be interested in trying to catch them.

Many of the covid rules and laws were deemed important enough to introduce to stop the spread of the virus but once it became apparent that there would be no sanctions for not complying, there was, for many, no incentive to comply.

This. If the government had come down early on breaches and hit people hard with heavy fines then it would have had a big effect. If shops had insisted you either wear a mask or a face shield otherwise you don't come in then those morons that falsely claimed exemption would be wearing a mask because it's far easier to put a mask in your pocket than a shield! The problem was too many in government were above the law, including Cummings, and therefore that undermined any enforcement.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Gove hasn't been mentioned and he's been very, very keen to exonerate Sunak while throwing Hancock and Johnson under a bus. Our first real hint of the tide turning in the Conservative party, perhaps?

Would be hard to throw Sunak under a bus, considering the excellent work he has done, Although undoubtedly abused by some, the furlough scheme has been one of the Covid crisis success stories.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wonder why Cummins decided to say nothing about everything that was wrong, who had lied and how stupid the PM is when interviewed by the journalist political elite in the Rose Garden ?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Point of order... The vaccine task force led by Kate Bingham - not no.10 or the department of health led the vaccine roll out. It's such a success because it was kept away from no.10, its cabinet and most importantly the department of health. As Cummings has stated before, if the smoking ruin that is the department of health had had anything to do with it, it'd probably have failed much like track and trace.

An ex shipmate was part of the role out team and the general consensus was the government was basically told to f*ck off. It was successful despite government not because off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Other people dealing with it badly doesn't mean we have dealt with it well or that we have no lessons to learn.

Dont necessarily think at the time UK or other countries dealt with it badly. It was only in retrospect it was seen things could have been done differently. UK were taking advice from top people but now found some of this advice was wrong. I think it is pointless this meeting taking place with somebody who cant stand Boris or Hancock and seems to have little time for opinions of Civil service and health service
What Cummings has to realise all governments felt they had responsibility to balance Covid with keeping economy going.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wonder why Cummins decided to say nothing about everything that was wrong, who had lied and how stupid the PM is when interviewed by the journalist political elite in the Rose Garden ?

Because at that time he was still an employee of the goverment so would have been a whistleblower.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Only one loser here.

It won’t be Cummings or either committees!

The majority of people know that the PM is unfit to lead the Country but that’s priced in with his voters because of his nationalism, Brexit and rejection of identity politics.

Do people really want his profound incompetence rubbed in their faces? His detractors already know it and his millions and millions of supporters just don’t care.

Have the media got this wrong by hyping it so much and what will the Government be announcing today/tomorrow in order to wrestle back control of the front pages?

he's not in control though is he .....he's a mouthpiece , a claxon of idiocracy , a gibbering camels head on a pantomime horse of evil , dirty, faceless caaaants.....if someone could get rid of Murdoch and his son(the evil one ) we may have a chance .....it's hard enough here ....god only knows what it's like there.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
An ex shipmate was part of the role out team and the general consensus was the government was basically told to f*ck off. It was successful despite government not because off.
The point is that everything that was done - bad and good - was done on the Government's watch.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1397542462315503621[/tweet]

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Dont necessarily think at the time UK or other countries dealt with it badly. It was only in retrospect it was seen things could have been done differently. UK were taking advice from top people but now found some of this advice was wrong. I think it is pointless this meeting taking place with somebody who cant stand Boris or Hancock and seems to have little time for opinions of Civil service and health service
What Cummings has to realise all governments felt they had responsibility to balance Covid with keeping economy going.

Regardless of whether you think Cummings is the anti christ and Boris is the messiah or visa versa, this meeting very much needs to take place. We need all the cards on the table for the independent inquiry and by Cummings doing this it forces everyone else to. They’ll be no place to hide ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008

He was present. Who would you invite? Everyone who was in those rooms will have an agenda. It's for those running the committee to cut through those and draw conclusions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here