Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Brave man that Cummings, apologising now with his central focus being the attack on his previous employer, more than a few people on here suggested it was him personally who was responsible for many deaths with his little trip oop north!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was one of those suggesting that and I stand by it.

A man disregarding the rules he cooked up gave everyone else a free pass to ignore them as well.

He was a devious snake then, he's a devious snake now.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Of course it should be pointed out that there are very different legal ramifications between lying to the press in the rose garden and lying in front of a select committee...

And the best part of it is you think all of a sudden this little rat cares one jot about that, he’s a self serving liar and plenty of people with more apparent credibility on here than me have said so!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course it should be pointed out that there are very different legal ramifications between lying to the press in the rose garden and lying in front of a select committee...

Parliamentary privilege applies at the select committee.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’m not a fan of Cummings but you have to realise this is the sort of person who will make life a success - he is obviously exceptionally bright, he truly is a disrupter, he is a game changer, he breaks the old ways of doing things, he thinks left field, he hates blockers etc. I don’t believe he is a narcissist, I do think his EQ is low - he may be socially aware but maybe he decides not to check his emotions etc. A lot of people who work with him have found him charming. A lot of companies are going to want him - he will become wealthy.

Boris and pack of eijets on the other hand are the worst cabinet we have ever had. I believe every single previous prime minister would have done a better job and yes they would have made mistakes. Most of the cabinet have never had real jobs (working for think tanks, political companies and journalism doesn’t count) they have a lack of real business, economics, science, engineering, medical knowledge amongst them, don’t have the same moral code. They exist because Labour was/is even worse. Just look at how much more positive the devolved governments have handled this and they weren’t fully in control. Our political machine is broken and it needs changed before we end up down a dark path

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And the best part of it is you think all of a sudden this little rat cares one jot about that, he’s a self serving liar and plenty of people with more apparent credibility on here than me have said so!

I can't stand him and never believed a word of his Barnard Castle jaunt but that doesn't mean what he is saying now is all lies. Of course he's doing it because he's been stabbed in the back by his mate BJ so he's returning the favour. If it means more scrutiny is thrown on this shambles of an administration then I'm all for it.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

but only after he was Boris's bum boy, up until then he was trustworthy? including the Barnard Castle fiasco where Boris backed him....

doff cap

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He’s throwing himself and the political system in this country under the bus. But he always said Whitehall and No.10 is broken and absolutely NOTHING he’s saying contradicts that position. ****ING SHAMBLES

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

but only after he was Boris's bum boy, up until then he was trustworthy? including the Barnard Castle fiasco where Boris backed him....

doff cap

Casual Homophobia , classy as ever[emoji122][emoji122]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Parliamentary privilege applies at the select committee.

That applies to legal repercussions on statements made, lying outright to a select committee is illegal in the same way it is to lie to Parliament. Any idiot can lie in a press conference.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He just said he didn't have a day off from Christmas 2019 till he left last year. Eye Test drives to beauty spots must count as work then. Nice work if you can get it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Interesting to note Johnson failed at PMQs to deny what Cummings said the other day that Johnson stated he would rather "let the bodies pile up" than order the second lockdown

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That applies to legal repercussions on statements made, lying outright to a select committee is illegal in the same way it is to lie to Parliament. Any idiot can lie in a press conference.

The point I'm making is that he is accusing Hancock of lying and parliamentary privilege prevents DC being sued for that. If he said it at a press conference he wouldn't have that protection but of course that wouldn't matter if he produces the evidence.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1397517945643970560[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m not a fan of Cummings but you have to realise this is the sort of person who will make life a success - he is obviously exceptionally bright, he truly is a disrupter, he is a game changer, he breaks the old ways of doing things, he thinks left field, he hates blockers etc. I don’t believe he is a narcissist, I do think his EQ is low - he may be socially aware but maybe he decides not to check his emotions etc. A lot of people who work with him have found him charming. A lot of companies are going to want him - he will become wealthy.

Boris and pack of eijets on the other hand are the worst cabinet we have ever had. I believe every single previous prime minister would have done a better job and yes they would have made mistakes. Most of the cabinet have never had real jobs (working for think tanks, political companies and journalism doesn’t count) they have a lack of real business, economics, science, engineering, medical knowledge amongst them, don’t have the same moral code. They exist because Labour was/is even worse. Just look at how much more positive the devolved governments have handled this and they weren’t fully in control. Our political machine is broken and it needs changed before we end up down a dark path

This.

The reason I disliked Cummings was because I could see that he would 'win' Brexit for Boris (and I was a remainer and hate Boris).

It would also be naive of Boris to think he could use Cummings then discard him, except that Boris, the real narcissist in the room, thinks he can get away with anything.

Sadly he probably will.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The point I'm making is that he is accusing Hancock of lying and parliamentary privilege prevents DC being sued for that. If he said it at a press conference he wouldn't have that protection but of course that wouldn't matter if he produces the evidence.

And all of that is 100% correct, but isn't what I was talking about. Namely that for lying to a select committee someone can (in theory) be sent to jail.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Interesting to note Johnson failed at PMQs to deny what Cummings said the other day that Johnson stated he would rather "let the bodies pile up" than order the second lockdown

Think Starmer missed a trick. When Johnson made reference to the rear view mirror, Starmer should have retorted with something along the lines of 'the PM should remember that in that, as he puts, rear view mirror, are the deaths of over 130,000 citizens.'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes. He did his 'let's not talk this great country down' routine; 'we delivered while they dithered' etc. People love that sort of hubris. It's the English way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here