Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How anyone on here can honestly say they believe what Cummings says is beyond me after the shameless way he conducted himself during the first lockdown, the guy is a charlatan with zero credibility!

If he says Boris is shit, incompetent and single-handedly at fault for the Covid crisis being handled badly, I think you'll find most of NSC will believe him!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Most people who vote Conservative because Johnson is PM won't watch this, be interested in it, or understand it.

He just needs to say Level Up a few more times and add a flag or two to his collection and it will be forgotten. I am more interested in what the Labour supporters who voted for him purely because of one issue now think of what they have done. Sadly, probably the same. If you voted for someone who is the antithesis of your beliefs just for one issue, they probably don't care.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1397500601332797443[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1397488980732616704[/tweet]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
True this.

Incredible as it sounds, enough people in the country to form a working parliamentary majority are totally indifferent to whether the Prime Minister is honest or competent.

As long as johnny foreigner is continually denounced and taxation on them isn't noticeably higher ... carry on Boris

Or we just don’t agree with your assessment ? Can’t be that, can it.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Imagine a hybrid Cummings / Honeybadger a la The Fly (1986)

'A brilliant but eccentric scientist begins to transform into a giant man/fly hybrid after one of his experiments goes horribly wrong.'

The cleverererest and hardest animal ever

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
From what I've seen so far, Cummings has said nothing unduly surprising. It was clear from the start, even to those of us who had to trawl through propaganda, that the government was playing catch up.

What has been omitted from analysis in recent times is Johnson's own flippancy to the point he put himself in danger.

The problem is that the media have an agenda. So it's hard to get the truth.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yeh, not sure his core vote watches too many parliamentary committees

You don't think that the voters of Batley and Seen will be tuning in to watch and inform their decision as to who to vote for in the bi-election in a few weeks? Shocked, I tell you!

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Cummings says that at the last election people had a choice between a government led by Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn. He says any system that presents people with a choice like that has gone “extremely badly wrong”.

There are thousands of people who could provide better leadership, he says.

He also says it is “crazy” that someone like himself was able to have so much power. And it was “crackers” that Johnson was in there too, he says.

He says the political parties need to ask themselves about why they present the public with choices like this.

Oh no. I have some common ground with the snivelling weasel.

all products of a failed democracy

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just following the graun and twitter and this is all damning stuff. Very little is what we didn't know at the time (ie that the government were catastrophically clueless) but to have it confirmed from someone in the room is important.

This Government failed the country and it failed it badly at the cost of many lives. What's worse is that they then went on to profiteer from the pandemic on behalf of friends and donors. Amazingly in the Autumn they went to repeat the same mistakes with even more deadly consequences, shameless.

Utterly despicable....but yeah....Corbyn....Brexit done....blah blah blah

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Interesting to see those that did not believe a word that left his mouth last year......hanging on every one now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cummings: 'I do apologise for not acting earlier, if I had have acted earlier a lot more people might be alive'

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Interesting to see those that did not believe a word that left his mouth last year......hanging on every one now.

Of course it should be pointed out that there are very different legal ramifications between lying to the press in the rose garden and lying in front of a select committee...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Cummings: 'I do apologise for not acting earlier, if I had have acted earlier a lot more people might be alive'

Brave man that Cummings, apologising now with his central focus being the attack on his previous employer, more than a few people on here suggested it was him personally who was responsible for many deaths with his little trip oop north!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Massive difference when he at least has some pretty detailed evidence and photographs of various information compared to us having to believe him that he went on a 60 mile round trip during lockdown to test his eyesight.....

It is also possible that someone who lies, probably does not lie all of the time about absolutely everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here