Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
We fair less well compared to European union members. Italy and Belgium have much worse figures than our own but Germany & France managed the pandemic better or is that too simplified?

from world beating track and trace to not quite the worse death toll in 1 year. The Boris cult ready to forgive any unlimited level of incompetence, oh and spaffing 37bn is fine and dandy as well...doff cap....

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
After a very busy few days at work, I have just spent a (mostly) enjoyable 30 mins or so reading this thread, and found it interesting/informative and quite well-mannered from all sides of NSC.
However....
I note that the (and I say this with full acceptance of any infraction/ban that may be forthcoming), usual utter muppets (yes, Bag O'shite, Nazi boy, The 'Genius' and assorted cretins, that managed to get the Bear Pit closed down, have pretty much infiltrated this thread, too.
I can only assume it's their way of avoiding any kind of sensible discussion, so they do their level best to disrupt/derail and generally talk so much utter shite, that it either gets moved or closed down.
They utterly **** me off with their pointless and puerile ramblings, who add the sum total of ****-all to anything.
****ing idiots, all.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
At the end of the day either Cummings is correct or the Government have employed an unhinged fantasist who has been at the centre of power for over a year.

There isn't a middle ground.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We fair less well compared to European union members. Italy and Belgium have much worse figures than our own but Germany & France managed the pandemic better or is that too simplified?

I don’t know. I was agreeing with you really that most European nations have done better than us. I was talking about the whole of Europe and am not that interested in whether or not they are members of the EU.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
At the end of the day either Cummings is correct or the Government have employed an unhinged fantasist who has been at the centre of power for over a year.

There isn't a middle ground.
Nah, there are numerous shades of grey as ever ... suggesting there are only two simplistic choices can only end in disaster:wink:

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Becoming a strange forum when people have to justify who they did or didnt vote for

Right?

Yet because I said not everyone believes lockdowns were necessary, I'm lept upon as being some sort of far right lunatic.

I can understand that someone who has never read a word I've written about Covid-19 over the last 16 months or so taking my post on this thread as meaning I didn't believe lockdowns work (although I do).

And I can forgive someone never having read a word I've had to say on Covid because I've not written a great deal for some months primarily because it all got very emotive, with me generally coming from a pro-restrictions to suppress vial spread standpoint.

But given my explanation, and given me linking to a post I made in April last year expressing my concerns that the first lockdown came too late, to continue to press the point that my view is far right/anti-lockdown is just bizarre. If the NSC search function was better and/or I invested some time, I could link and quote numerous posts I made which make my views on taking action to prevent unnecessary deaths abundantly clear.

If I said "not everyone thinks black people should be afforded the same rights as white people", that doesn't make me racist as I'm not one of those people. If I say "not everyone thinks the world is approximately spheroid", that doesn't mean I'm a flat-earther. If I say "not everyone believes Lunar module Eagle landed on the moon in 1971", that doesn't mean I'm a moon-landing-didn't-happen conspiracy theorist.

It's perfectly possible to understand that others hold a different view, even if it's a struggle, sometimes, to understand why they think the way they do.

I've never stopped anyone posting stuff on here that differs from my own views, and I've no problem with those holding differing views engaging in robust debate with me about them. But to essentially call me a liar when there's a wealth of evidence, in black and white, on this very site is all a bit weird.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm wondering if all this in-fighting, mud-slinging and retrospective whistle-blowing shouldn't wait until at least after the 21st June? Don't misunderstand me, it's obvious to anyone with a basic grasp of right and wrong that Johnson and this current government dropped the ball on Covid, lied, deflected, profiteered and possibly caused thouands of needless deaths.
And they need to be held to account.

But right now, my personal concern is that ridiculous excuse for a leader puts his energy into getting us out of Lockdown and Cummings needs to simply **** off until he is subpoenaed to give testimony at an enquiry and not on his terms in a media circus, as he is currently doing. Button it you snake, you'll be called to give your evidence when the enquiry board are ready.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
After a very busy few days at work, I have just spent a (mostly) enjoyable 30 mins or so reading this thread, and found it interesting/informative and quite well-mannered from all sides of NSC.
However....
I note that the (and I say this with full acceptance of any infraction/ban that may be forthcoming), usual utter muppets (yes, Bag O'shite, Nazi boy, The 'Genius' and assorted cretins, that managed to get the Bear Pit closed down, have pretty much infiltrated this thread, too.
I can only assume it's their way of avoiding any kind of sensible discussion, so they do their level best to disrupt/derail and generally talk so much utter shite, that it either gets moved or closed down.
They utterly **** me off with their pointless and puerile ramblings, who add the sum total of ****-all to anything.
****ing idiots, all.

Harsh words.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm wondering if all this in-fighting, mud-slinging and retrospective whistle-blowing shouldn't wait until at least after the 21st June? Don't misunderstand me, it's obvious to anyone with a basic grasp of right and wrong that Johnson and this current government dropped the ball on Covid, lied, deflected, profiteered and possibly caused thouands of needless deaths.

But right now, my personal concern is that ridiculous excuse for a leader puts his energy into getting us out of Lockdown and Cummings needs to simply **** off until he is subpoenaed to give testimony at an enquiry and not on his terms in a media circus, as he is currently doing. Button it you snake, you'll be called to give your evidence when the enquiry board are ready.

I thought he was called to give evidence at the select committee?

As for Johnson, exactly how much energy do you think he expends in moving towards getting out of lockdown?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Right?

Yet because I said not everyone believes lockdowns were necessary, I'm lept upon as being some sort of far right lunatic.

I can understand that someone who has never read a word I've written about Covid-19 over the last 16 months or so taking my post on this thread as meaning I didn't believe lockdowns work (although I do).

And I can forgive someone never having read a word I've had to say on Covid because I've not written a great deal for some months primarily because it all got very emotive, with me generally coming from a pro-restrictions to suppress vial spread standpoint.

But given my explanation, and given me linking to a post I made in April last year expressing my concerns that the first lockdown came too late, to continue to press the point that my view is far right/anti-lockdown is just bizarre. If the NSC search function was better and/or I invested some time, I could link and quote numerous posts I made which make my views on taking action to prevent unnecessary deaths abundantly clear.

If I said "not everyone thinks black people should be afforded the same rights as white people", that doesn't make me racist as I'm not one of those people. If I say "not everyone thinks the world is approximately spheroid", that doesn't mean I'm a flat-earther. If I say "not everyone believes Lunar module Eagle landed on the moon in 1971", that doesn't mean I'm a moon-landing-didn't-happen conspiracy theorist.

It's perfectly possible to understand that others hold a different view, even if it's a struggle, sometimes, to understand why they think the way they do.

I've never stopped anyone posting stuff on here that differs from my own views, and I've no problem with those holding differing views engaging in robust debate with me about them. But to essentially call me a liar when there's a wealth of evidence, in black and white, on this very site is all a bit weird.

If you don't agree with a certain mindset on here then you are automatically far right/racist/moronic/apologist for HMG etc

The last two paragraphs serving as a useful reminder to all those seemingly intent on curbing/restricting argument and debate usually from the minority pov on NSC even after extreme provocation.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I thought he was called to give evidence at the select committee?

As for Johnson, exactly how much energy do you think he expends in moving towards getting out of lockdown?

My mistake. I was under the impression he was simply sounding off to the media. I beg your pardon. Strike my last post from the record. I’ve been asleep during the day after night shifts.

As for Johnson and what he spends his energy on, it seems largely on waffling and making sure his expenses are signed off.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you don't agree with a certain mindset on here then you are automatically far right/racist/moronic/apologist for HMG etc

The last two paragraphs serving as a useful reminder to all those seemingly intent on curbing/restricting argument and debate usually from the minority pov on NSC even after extreme provocation.

Instead of complaining about what other people think of you on here, why don’t you just say what you’d like to say. If it’s out of order, you’ll get a nudge from a moderator. If people label you for stating your opinion, you don’t have to engage.
At the risk of being all “bear pit”, you and a few others on here seem to spend a lot of time complaining that you can’t say what you’d like to say rather than actually saying anything.

I come in peace.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Trying to work out if this is in fact tongue in cheek!

27 EU states with all their individual leaders , their individual experts , all their combined wealth knowledge laboratories chemists and doctors , and the UK on it`s own not only came up with a vaccine a vaccine programme that blew the EU out of the water but also supplied them with millions of doses for their people . Tongue in cheek ...not on your life , i am proud that we have achieved so much given all the constraints put on us by a bunch of ungrateful eurotrash failures . They are going bankrupt and arguing amongst themselves while the UK is making trade deals all over the world that we would not have been allowed to under the very rules that are destroying the EU . Germany thinks it won the war and owns Europe France are every bit as arrogant and narcissistic as they ever were and the rest just hold their hands out waiting for the UK to pay their bills .

Tongue in cheek :lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Instead of complaining about what other people think of you on here, why don’t you just say what you’d like to say. If it’s out of order, you’ll get a nudge from a moderator. If people label you for stating your opinion, you don’t have to engage.
At the risk of being all “bear pit”, you and a few others on here seem to spend a lot of time complaining that you can’t say what you’d like to say rather than actually saying anything.

I come in peace.
In a similar spirit of rapprochement may I ask how many infractions, thread bans, site bans you have e received over the years across your numerous accounts? ... you must be nearing some sort of record.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Did you complain about your covid vaccine when you got jabbed :dunce:
Regards
DF

I'm far more concerned about the thousands that died an unnecessary death and never had the chance to have a jab.
But they would not concern a low life thicko like you, the vaccine is now used as a cover up for the deaths, to detract away from killing people.
The success of the vaccine is down to the distribution and implementation by the NHS ( who should have had the world beating test and trace, locally, then it may have worked) the army and all the volunteers.
This was admitted by the minister in charge of vaccination, when things were going well, he said he felt like an imposter, this was until Johnson put his foot in it, again, and now they big themselves up over it just to cover up all the cock ups.
Mugs like you fall for it everytime, you won't pick up any facts by reading The Beano you silly little boy, only one dunce round here, and it's you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In a similar spirit of rapprochement may I ask how many infractions, thread bans, site bans you have e received over the years across your numerous accounts? ... you must be nearing some sort of record.

:facepalm::wozza:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Becoming a strange forum when people have to justify who they did or didnt vote for

It becomes a very “strange “ forum the moment a political thread is posted, and this board was looking so much better for a few days too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If I say "not everyone believes Lunar module Eagle landed on the moon in 1971", that doesn't mean I'm a moon-landing-didn't-happen conspiracy theorist.

I’ll hold my hand up to not believing Eagle landed on the moon in 1971.

It was 1969. :wink:

As for the rest of your post: agreed - you’ve made your views clear on a consistent basis over a period of well over a year.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

As Cummings mentioned though, the inquiry needs to start now !

He predicted that memories will start to become hazy, the paper trail will slowly begin to get lost, e-mails and WhatsApp messages will be deleted if they are incriminating and delay gives the major players time to construct a story/defence. Witness Hancock yesterday wriggling out of his promise from last year that everyone leaving hospital for care homes would be tested for Covid first.... it turns out that " He" had to build " The Capacity " for testing up from a miniscule level in order to do this stated aim. Ergo it's a classic " Not me Guv " response to a remarkably straight question.

Additionally, Johnson and the ministers who have had to face questioning all seemed to have issued general denials in very vague terms rather than refuting the specific allegations that Cummings has voiced. It's almost like he's right on most of this and they know it !

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
As Cummings mentioned though, the inquiry needs to start now !

He predicted that memories will start to become hazy, the paper trail will slowly begin to get lost, e-mails and WhatsApp messages will be deleted if they are incriminating and delay gives the major players time to construct a story/defence. Witness Hancock yesterday wriggling out of his promise from last year that everyone leaving hospital for care homes would be tested for Covid first.... it turns out that " He" had to build " The Capacity " for testing up from a miniscule level in order to do this stated aim. Ergo it's a classic " Not me Guv " response to a remarkably straight question.

Additionally, Johnson and the ministers who have had to face questioning all seemed to have issued general denials in very vague terms rather than refuting the specific allegations that Cummings has voiced. It's almost like he's right on most of this and they know it !

Perhaps we should try the same approach for criminal cases ? Start the trial straightaway so they don’t get the chance to wriggle out of it by actually constructing their defence. I’m surprised you have fallen for this right wing bollocks from Dominic Cummings. Although not that surprised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here