Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Becoming a strange forum when people have to justify who they did or didnt vote for

People have been hounded and hunted on this forum for simply voting to leave the European Union [emoji2371] it was generally a very pleasant atmosphere on NSC until the majority voted to leave....then it all kicked off..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Becoming a strange forum when people have to justify who they did or didnt vote for

It's hardly a new phenomenon, there is a significant strand in society (well represented on NSC) that believes their viewpoint/political affiliation is inherently superior in all aspects. To be fair this is mainly an online thing as none of them would carry on like this in the real world ...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well what have we learnt today ?

Johnson's complete failure to come out and take Cummings to task proves that they both know he has more shit to dish.

Hancock is already tied up in the road awaiting the bus

Tune in same time tomorrow, and in the meantime 'Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite' :lolol:

And I see the usual crew have arrived posting about anything but the thread subject :bigwave:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
well done for missing the point. Hancock had been in post about 18 mths when this hit. the continuity of government comes from the department. this isnt absolving them of being responsible just observation they normally know sweet fa about the office they oversee.

If so why ?
Even in retail they have product knowledge
How can MP s be put in charge of department s
With no knowledge of the subject concerned
I know it happens But why ?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
well done for missing the point. Hancock had been in post about 18 mths when this hit. the continuity of government comes from the department. this isnt absolving them of being responsible just observation they normally know sweet fa about the office they oversee.

If Hancock knew sweet fa about the office he was in charge for 18 months I would conclude he was as incompetent as he is now being accused of wouldn't you????

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

In our defence your honour, he had no idea what the f**** he was talking about and was totally incompetent, but he tried really really hard ???

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The hospitals were overwhelmed.
My sister in law was admitted to the RSCH in December with an infection in her spine, and caught Covid in addition because patients were moved from ward to ward. In January every ward was ‘red’, and gradually ward by ward they turned green again. She was in hospital over 6 weeks and not allowed visitors.

Sounds like a bit of a postcode lottery. I was in a coma in intensive care in the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital and whilst there they tested all the patients and created Covid and non Covid intensive care wards. I was non Covid. Staff rotas were also changed to stop mixing and all visitors banned. I have very intense memories/dreams of the move despite being in a coma. Seems I was aware on some level as it co-incided with the time they were repeatedly trying and failing to bring me out of the coma. I dreamt quite vividly off at a tangent about the move. Anyway, the care was amazing as was the Covid prevention.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Bloody brilliant post , just exactly how is anyone supposed to know how to cope completely with a situation never faced before by anyone anywhere within a modern highly populated very transient world ? .
Only the most stupid of individuals would be so completely arrogant as to claim full and absolute insight after the event . Taken as a whole i would say we were damned lucky to have someone who not only acted as best as anyone could have , but who actually learnt from any mistakes and acted to correct them . All the while getting us out of the utter shambles which is the EU , and we were miles ahead of all the other 27 member states because we didn`t have to jump through their hoops . In fact while they were trying to score political points against the UK their own people were suffering and dying because it was more important to them to spread lies about the AZ vaccine than save their own citizens , you still think they are better than us on our own ? .

This is exactly how a level head person would view it. Fortunately the media have just about blown all their credibility apart during this pandemic, so all their sensationalisim will have zero impact from now on.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Cummings needs to provide proof. Similarly, Hancock cannot get away with saying "my recollection is". Were the meetings in which these alleged lies and comments made not minuted, or recorded and transcribed? I find it hard to believe that they were not. Without evidence, this is just a vast mud slinging exercise which will have no weight in any inquiry, public or otherwise.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cummings needs to provide proof. Similarly, Hancock cannot get away with saying "my recollection is". Were the meetings in which these alleged lies and comments made not minuted, or recorded and transcribed? I find it hard to believe that they were not. Without evidence, this is just a vast mud slinging exercise which will have no weight in any inquiry, public or otherwise.

You don’t think the whiteboard photo is proof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It certainly happens in the public sector. I know of someone quite senior in Local Authority Children’s Services whose previous experience was with a train company.

Indeed, top management in the public sector seem to muddle their way from one job to another,ballsing things up on the way,often with a promotion and a pay rise, the amount of knob jockeys I’ve attempted to trained up over the years, they could not find their arses in the dark with a torch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I agree with you that Hancock knows nothing about the job he's supposed to be doing.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bloody brilliant post , just exactly how is anyone supposed to know how to cope completely with a situation never faced before by anyone anywhere within a modern highly populated very transient world ? .
Only the most stupid of individuals would be so completely arrogant as to claim full and absolute insight after the event . Taken as a whole i would say we were damned lucky to have someone who not only acted as best as anyone could have , but who actually learnt from any mistakes and acted to correct them . All the while getting us out of the utter shambles which is the EU , and we were miles ahead of all the other 27 member states because we didn`t have to jump through their hoops . In fact while they were trying to score political points against the UK their own people were suffering and dying because it was more important to them to spread lies about the AZ vaccine than save their own citizens , you still think they are better than us on our own ? .

Trying to work out if this is in fact tongue in cheek!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Indeed, top management in the public sector seem to muddle their way from one job to another,ballsing things up on the way,often with a promotion and a pay rise, the amount of knob jockeys I’ve attempted to trained up over the years, they could not find their arses in the dark with a torch.

But you've always boasted about how you are a very successful self made man with multiple properties, lining up early retirement and hate excessive Government spending. Surely that wouldn't have been built on jobs in the public sector funded by taxpayers :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yet again we can only reflect and wonder what might have been if the numerous social media experts who have an inordinate amount of spare time despite their obvious (google based/confirmation biased) knowledge going untapped at a time of national crisis were running the country we would have barely noticed Covid as a health or economic issue :wink:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Putting political allegiances aside wouldn't an inquiry ( well Cummings revelations) be scrutinised as much in detail if another party had presided over an awful pandemic in this country which had claimed more deaths per 100,000 than most European countries?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yet again we can only reflect and wonder what might have been if the numerous social media experts who have an inordinate amount of spare time despite their obvious (google based/confirmation biased) knowledge going untapped at a time of national crisis were running the country we would have barely noticed Covid as a health or economic issue :wink:

You seem to have posted this on the wrong thread, you are making things up and them claiming they were said by other people again. This thread is about the lies that Cummings claims were made by Johnson and Hancock in No 10 and the complete lack of a denial from them both.

Have a look for a thread with 'fantasy' in the title and your post will fit right in.

Hope this helps and good luck with the job hunting :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here