Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
27 EU states with all their individual leaders , their individual experts , all their combined wealth knowledge laboratories chemists and doctors , and the UK on it`s own not only came up with a vaccine a vaccine programme that blew the EU out of the water but also supplied them with millions of doses for their people . Tongue in cheek ...not on your life , i am proud that we have achieved so much given all the constraints put on us by a bunch of ungrateful eurotrash failures . They are going bankrupt and arguing amongst themselves while the UK is making trade deals all over the world that we would not have been allowed to under the very rules that are destroying the EU . Germany thinks it won the war and owns Europe France are every bit as arrogant and narcissistic as they ever were and the rest just hold their hands out waiting for the UK to pay their bills .

Tongue in cheek :lolol:

I do so hope you didn't get given the Pfizer-Biontec vaccine ? You know, the vaccine developed by a company founded by two Turkish scientists that is based in Germany, which was developed in a collaboration with an American company and manufactured for us in Belgium ? Our only claim to fame in the " first " stakes was the fact we were the first country to license its use and spaffed billions of pounds buying up preferential supply on this and a range of vaccines around the world and the UK in the hope that some or all of them, would work. But, don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Perhaps we should try the same approach for criminal cases ? Start the trial straightaway so they don’t get the chance to wriggle out of it by actually constructing their defence. I’m surprised you have fallen for this right wing bollocks from Dominic Cummings. Although not that surprised.

We are referring to a public inquiry, remember how common it is for documents to be mysteriously lost, memories to fade and excuses to be constructed ? How many " Inquiries " end up years down the line stating there have been a series of failures and inactions yet no one is ever to blame ?

Johnson can be ripped apart for multiple failings during the covid crisis and has quite clearly been lying through his teeth , it's his default position remember ? There is a trail of employers, wives and colleagues who have testified to this, all Cummings has done is to confirm the recent suspected train of events

. Why shouldn't a public enquiry start sooner while everything is fresh in the mind and the evidence still exists ?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Perhaps we should try the same approach for criminal cases ? Start the trial straightaway so they don’t get the chance to wriggle out of it by actually constructing their defence. I’m surprised you have fallen for this right wing bollocks from Dominic Cummings. Although not that surprised.

You do realise that if the inquiry started now, much like a police investigation, documents and evidence would be gathered before people are called in front the panel.

Look at Grenfell. Diaries lost etc. If I remember correctly.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We are referring to a public inquiry, remember how common it is for documents to be mysteriously lost, memories to fade and excuses to be constructed ? How many " Inquiries " end up years down the line stating there have been a series of failures and inactions yet no one is ever to blame ?

Johnson can be ripped apart for multiple failings during the covid crisis and has quite clearly been lying through his teeth , it's his default position remember ? There is a trail of employers, wives and colleagues who have testified to this, all Cummings has done is to confirm the recent suspected train of events

. Why shouldn't a public enquiry start sooner while everything is fresh in the mind and the evidence still exists ?

I’m all for it starting ASAP but Cummings is trying to set the agenda. He has had plenty of time to plan for all of this and now insists on responses to his accusations to come yesterday. His ego knows no bounds and he knows he can rely on the support of the James O’Brien listening classes. It’s a funny old world.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I’m all for it starting ASAP but Cummings is trying to set the agenda. He has had plenty of time to plan for all of this and now insists on responses to his accusations to come yesterday. His ego knows no bounds and he knows he can rely on the support of the James O’Brien listening classes. It’s a funny old world.

Or maybe, just maybe a grieving father has made an accurate assessment of what happened to his daughter and we should take note.....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You do realise that if the inquiry started now, much like a police investigation, documents and evidence would be gathered before people are called in front the panel.

Look at Grenfell. Diaries lost etc. If I remember correctly.

No, I didn’t know that. There is a commitment on the part of the Government to hold an enquiry. Perhaps the angle the opposition needs to take is to get a date put on this. I don’t think they should check with the left’s new hero Dominic Cummings whilst exerting this pressure.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Or maybe, just maybe a grieving father has made an accurate assessment of what happened to his daughter and we should take note.....

I wasn’t referring to that call nor am I defending the Government’s handling of the pandemic. I just haven’t changed the view I formed on Cummings after Barnard Castle, unlike many others. I don’t think he is a suitable person to be setting the agenda as his is as yet unknown.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No, I didn’t know that. There is a commitment on the part of the Government to hold an enquiry. Perhaps the angle the opposition needs to take is to get a date put on this. I don’t think they should check with the left’s new hero Dominic Cummings whilst exerting this pressure.

There has been pressure for an inquiry for about the last 6 months, only recently was Johnson nailed down to " Committing " to start an inquiry in spring 2021, virtually another year away ! plenty of time to delay even more and expect the findings to be announced in several years time long after those responsible have fled government for their lucrative directorships.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I wasn’t referring to that call nor am I defending the Government’s handling of the pandemic. I just have t changed the view I formed on Cummings after Barnard Castle, unlike many others.

That's interesting. I can't think of anyone who doesn't remain convinced that Cummings is a serial liar when it suits him.
It's just whether you believe it suited him on Wednesday to be mainly truthful or not....
If he has supporting evidence I am sure he will produce it.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

when you refer to "the James O’Brien listening classes" you mean one of the rare fact and evidence based political commentaries as opposed to the dominant opinion based, in the pockets of wealthy backer political commentary?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There has been pressure for an inquiry for about the last 6 months, only recently was Johnson nailed down to " Committing " to start an inquiry in spring 2021, virtually another year away ! plenty of time to delay even more and expect the findings to be announced in several years time long after those responsible have fled government for their lucrative directorships.

Cummings said that we won’t have a public inquiry in this Parliament. Another part of the evidence I believe. Even if it’s started, it won’t be completed for years and years.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
That's interesting. I can't think of anyone who doesn't remain convinced that Cummings is a serial liar when it suits him.
It's just whether you believe it suited him on Wednesday to be mainly truthful or not....
In the meantime I respect the integrity and probity of the father who has spent many months thinking about why his daughter died and has concluded that the buck stops with the PM because of his dithering over lockdown....

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Even a snake like Cummings is capable of telling the truth, Barnard Castle was a nightmare for him and made people hate him, including me, but that does not mean that he is not telling the truth now.
Cummings supported and propped up
Johnson and was then totally shafted, probably by his bird and others and now he is getting his revenge, what he is saying was obvious anyway.
To use the vaccine as a detraction away from the people they killed and to say it is all not true and delay the inquest until a time when nobody cares,is sticking a knife into the relatives of those that needlessly died.
Johnson knows that so many people are now selfish, ignorant shits and he plays them extremely well.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

The Agenda was set by the select committee and Cummings was simply called to answer questions posed by them, as will many others :shrug:

And I can't understand why time is needed to 'build a defence' for an enquiry, when an enquiry will do the same, but in more detail and with more power. Ask questions, seek honest answers to the questions from multiple sources and then decide where the truth lies. Why would anyone need 'time' to decide on what answers they are going to give ? Unless you're suggesting you think this may become a criminal case ???

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Even a snake like Cummings is capable of telling the truth, Barnard Castle was a nightmare for him and made people hate him, including me, but that does not mean that he is not telling the truth now.
Cummings supported and propped up
Johnson and was then totally shafted, probably by his bird and others and now he is getting his revenge, what he is saying was obvious anyway.
To use the vaccine as a detraction away from the people they killed and to say it is all not true and delay the inquest until a time when nobody cares,is sticking a knife into the relatives of those that needlessly died.
Johnson knows that so many people are now selfish, ignorant shits and he plays them extremely well.

precisely. why would Cummings make up some BS story if he didn't know Boris would back him on it? If he was gonna get the chop he would have just gone, no need to spin a yarn. If you ask me they were probably Boris words cos he knows his supporters believe any old cobblers and he won't lose a single vote. Let the bodies pile up....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Or whether his view tallies with one’s own. It is entirely possible that he is telling the truth. I’m reserving judgement. It’s just odd when continually told by people that he can’t be trusted to suddenly find those same people saying we should believe him on this occasion because what he is saying fits their view.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
when you refer to "the James O’Brien listening classes" you mean one of the rare fact and evidence based political commentaries as opposed to the dominant opinion based, in the pockets of wealthy backer political commentary?

No, I mean the chap who continually parades his contempt for the general population and shoehorns Brexit into just about every discussion. Fill your boots if that’s your world view as well.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Or whether his view tallies with one’s own. It is entirely possible that he is telling the truth. I’m reserving judgement. It’s just odd when continually told by people that he can’t be trusted to suddenly find those same people saying we should believe him on this occasion because what he is saying fits their view.

Or is it possible that his answers gave a more plausible explanation of the actual known facts around Care homes, PPE, Track and Trace and Lockdown than any we have heard in the regular Government briefings to date ? And I can understand you reserving judgement until we know whether Johnson and Hancock can come up with a more plausible explanation than they have at all the various briefings up to now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here