Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone think we might be close to a revolution?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
What knowledge is this you're talking about? I class myself as youth and don't have a clue what this knowledge is.

Also, old people were young once. Fact.

yes but they weren't young during tough times like now. tHE WORST RECESSION SINCE THE 30'S? What right to the oldies have in telling us how to live when they had life on a plate. Did they get asked to pay 20k to study? did they even pay anything for study when they were young?
The older generation had it piss easy and now its time we should be telling them that! they had no terrorism worries or ridiculous unemployment levels. they just sat about with nothing more intresteing in their lives than a 90 minute footy maycg every forthight. We live in a totally different world to the one they lived in so really they have no right to say anything to the youth of today. If anything we should be moaning at them for getting it too easy!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
yes but they weren't young during tough times like now. tHE WORST RECESSION SINCE THE 30'S? What right to the oldies have in telling us how to live when they had life on a plate. Did they get asked to pay 20k to study? did they even pay anything for study when they were young?
The older generation had it piss easy and now its time we should be telling them that! they had no terrorism worries or ridiculous unemployment levels. they just sat about with nothing more intresteing in their lives than a 90 minute footy maycg every forthight. We live in a totally different world to the one they lived in so really they have no right to say anything to the youth of today. If anything we should be moaning at them for getting it too easy!

Erm. How do you know it's harder than what they went through? I can assure you they had unemployment - see Thatcher. They had terrorism - see IRA. They had recession. our Grandparents had far worse times fighting in a war than we have in a recession and they didn't complain.

I agree with you about the price for education. But your new world view probably won't even have education, as there will be no law enforced to make sure kids are educated.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest

The older generation had it piss easy? are you taking the piss? Life has never been better for people in this country, the environment i've grown up in is much, much better than that of my anscestory. Also what is your problem with people of wealth?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

The IRA, 15% interest rates, mass unemployment, dockyard strikes, miners strikes, no iPad, no Reeboks, no central heating, the cold war. Yep, life was definitely easier in the 80's.

:nono:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
our government doesn't go up to non-whites and say hey, you can't work in our organisation!

Your wrong,i'm afraid to say it does. Would of loved to of been an Iranian in the Iranian embassy in England a few days ago, I sure they were treated like any other human being.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

university was for the ELITE in that day, many an old person will tell you they went straight to work after school. Nowadays EVERYONE goes to university, able or not. This means a smaller percentage actually do meaningful courses, the other lot go and do a mickey mouse course and assume employers will take them because they went to uni. And then they have the bottle to complain when their plan doesn't work!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Does communism encourage abolishing passports and accepting its a no-ones land and that we should share everything we produce with anyone.
Does Communism encourage no leaders but a voice of millions?

You wont get far with that speel, more likley have a rightwing revolution.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Your wrong,i'm afraid to say it does. Would of loved to of been an Iranian in the Iranian embassy in England a few days ago, I sure they were treated like any other human being.

what the f*** are you talking about? The Government was just acting in a like-for-like way. If Iran stroms the embassy we have there, why should we keep their embassy open? It's not about 'we don't like the colour of your skin, so go home'.

I think you might be brain damaged..

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
The IRA, 15% interest rates, mass unemployment, dockyard strikes, miners strikes, no iPad, no Reeboks, no central heating, the cold war. Yep, life was definitely easier in the 80's.

:nono:

why does an Ipad, Ipod and Reeboks make 'the' difference in quality of living? oh it doesn't if thats all you've got to say about how easy it is being a youth in todays world. More unemployed now than anytime in your life woodchip, the biggest riot in your life Woodchip, the biggest recession in your life Woodchip, the most expensive education in your life woodchip, the most world wide war in your life woodchip. Just accept old man, your in our world. Your world has been improved but our world hasn't. (i hope you understand)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
ignorance is one of the big factors to why the older generations never gained the knowledge the youth of today are investigating. World corruption.

Says the idiot that didn't know what kicked off the two world wars !!!! I feel deeply sorry for your child.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
You wont get far with that speel, more likley have a rightwing revolution.

if thats what tickles your willy then dream it, but im dreaming for goodness and only goodness. you can keep remind me of anything negative even if you want to say me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Of course, the D-Day landings were a laugh a f***ing minute :facepalm:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
why does an Ipad, Ipod and Reeboks make 'the' difference in quality of living? oh it doesn't if thats all you've got to say about how easy it is being a youth in todays world. More unemployed now than anytime in your life woodchip, the biggest riot in your life Woodchip, the biggest recession in your life Woodchip, the most expensive education in your life woodchip, the most world wide war in your life woodchip. Just accept old man, your in our world. Your world has been improved but our world hasn't. (i hope you understand)

Without making assumptions to Woodchip's age, like you are. Assuming he's not a pensioner, how does unemployment, recession, riots, expensive education (he may have kids?) and war affect him any less than you or me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here