Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Djokovic held at airport

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Rather disappointed he won't get an avalanche of boos on court now.

He was also rather marvellously drawn against a fellow Serb, which would have led to the anti-Serb narrative taking a beating with his opponent being hugely supported by the voracious crowd. Ah well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Or you could just not come on a thread about a sport that doesn't interest you. It's easy to avoid the whole Novax saga if you want to.

This thread is not about a sport and I'm not the first one in the thread to show some... lack of enthusiasm in regards of tennis. The reason you react now is because I'm the one saying it.

Also no, if you own a computer, TV or similar device its not all that easy.

... or not interested any more because it doesn't fit in with your conspiracy theory? I say this when I actually felt that he would be allowed to play as money talks/it was too "big" for them to deal with/too much fallout etc etc. But very glad to be proved wrong and that the Aussies have stuck to their "strict" border controls image.

Well I'm surprised with the decision (if it is the final call) but getting dull regardless.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
:wave: Bye bye Novax

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Wow is that the end of the saga? What a farce that was.

06ab62e89f27114c716b5318c09c8022.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wow is that the end of the saga? What a farce that was.

06ab62e89f27114c716b5318c09c8022.jpg

The news over here is saying he can still appeal to the high court . . . however he has a game in about 24 hours time.

Poor decision IMHO, I don't get it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Am I right in saying he could have come in unjabbed- he would have just needed to do the standard 14-day quarantine (E.g. in a private Villa with practice court- at his expense)?

So the whole saga is about him trying to avoid doing that?

If so, I feel this is a key point that the media never mention. It’s not that he wasn’t allowed in, it’s that he needed to do the 14 day quarantine.

The media make out he simply couldn’t have come in unjabbed - but that’s not the case?

I appreciate it’s now a shitshow and that option is no longer available.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Glad he is being deported as he has shown that he thought his money could allow him to be different to everyone else arriving here. Self centred arse.

That said, Australia comes out of it without any glory. Should have upheld the original decision, not dilly dallied about letting him train etc etc. There is no European court of human rights here, just a judicial system which can be overridden by government when it comes to immigration. Should have turned him round within 24 hours and avoided the pantomime.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What don't you get?

Self entitled superstar thinks he's above the rules. It's not rocket science.

What did he do wrong? I just watched the judge saw that he did everything that was expected of him in the process and "could have expected to stay and compete in the tournament".

It looks like the decision was made because of public order concerns, i.e. that the anti vaxers might get up and about because he is here.

I am yet to see any evidence that his exemption from vaccination was not valid.

I also haven't really seen him doing anything wrong in this process.

I also haven't seen much evidence of him being 'self entitiled' 'a ****' etc etc

I am just not getting the anger from everyone.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Apart from blatantly lying on every single point, you mean?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

You haven’t followed this story at all have you?

Here are a few examples:

- Lying on his visa application form about what countries he’d been in during the previous fortnight.

- Not isolating after a Covid test.

- Controversy about then the PCR was taken. The test was date marked 26th Dec. Did he try and back date it and then travel to Australia whilst he was meant to be isolating?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What did he do wrong? I just watched the judge saw that he did everything that was expected of him in the process and "could have expected to stay and compete in the tournament".

It looks like the decision was made because of public order concerns, i.e. that the anti vaxers might get up and about because he is here.

I am yet to see any evidence that his exemption from vaccination was not valid.

I also haven't seen much evidence of him being 'self entitiled' 'a ****' etc etc

I am just not getting the anger from everyone.

He claimed to have covid yet continued to meet others without a mask so I presume there is doubt about the validity of his so called test.

He lied about travel in the previous 14 days before arrival in Australia. He doesn't deny this but I understand he claims his 'staff' incorrectly completed forms.

He could have arrived and done 14 days quarantine but didn't.

You'll need to work out the self entitled bit yourself as everyone else seems to get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here