Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Djokovic held at airport

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
You haven’t followed this story at all have you?

Here are a few examples:

- Lying on his visa application form about what countries he’d been in during the previous fortnight.

- Not isolating after a Covid test.

- Controversy about then the PCR was taken. The test was date marked 26th Dec. Did he try and back date it and then travel to Australia whilst he was meant to be isolating?

Was it even his test that showed positive? With all the other untruths floating around and his negative test on 22nd, I'd say there is reasonable doubt on whether any of the tests are actually his!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The news story of the last few weeks, jostling for prime spot with Johnson's party culture in the UK and possibly top spot in Oz and many places but it seems to have passed you by until you see the Judge making his comments!

If you haven't been following it, why bother starting now?

Because it has appeared to be rumour and conjecture mixed in with a whole lot of hatred. Not much actual evidence or facts have been flying my way. (since I have had a look in the last hour or so and requested evidence my opinion hasn't changed much).

I only bothered starting now because the comments I heard as I happened to watch the judge's comments seemed odd. (See my last post).

As I say I will be interested to read the findings of the court (who I assume have access to the most complete and up to date facts).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Woah, lots of responses!!

Alright, it looks like I have a bit of reading to do.

If anyone can furnish me with links to this stuff I would be very grateful. It will help me in my searching.

There really is no need. All the info you want is in the thread. Novax is stupendously dull, and mostly harmless.

My take on this, having read about what he did, is that he may be good a tennis, but he's a bit thick.

He refused to get vaccinated and refused to talk about it.
Later he implied he didn't need to be vaccinated because he recently caught Covid
There is no evidence he caught Covid
While he 'had' Covid he breached quarantine rules in his own country, and actually travelled abroad
He was not legally entitled to enter Australia owing of his lack of vaccination

Add to that his apparent religious orthodoxy, embellished with a bit of new-agism and bits and bobs taken from other religions, I suspect he his a cheerful and extremely confident psychopath, with a fairly low IQ. He almost certainly doesn't think he's done anything wrong, and under most circumstances has fairly simple desires, but he does feel that when he has decided to do something it is fully justified (the psycopathy at work here). He lacks introspection, and was always doomed to bumble into trouble eventually. It looks like the time for that is now.

There are other more interesting people to read up on, if biography is your thing, though. Novax is stupifyingly dull, which is why he hasn't attracted much flack in the past, and why he has become such an easy target now.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There really is no need. All the info you want is in the thread. Novax is stupendously dull, and mostly harmless.

My take on this, having read about what he did, is that he may be good a tennis, but he's a bit thick.

He refused to get vaccinated and refused to talk about it.
Later he implied he didn't need to be vaccinated because he recently caught Covid
There is no evidence he caught Covid
While he 'had' Covid he breached quarantine rules in his own country, and actually travelled abroad
He was not legally entitled to enter Australia owing of his lack of vaccination

Add to that his apparent religious orthodoxy, embellished with a bit of new-agism and bits and bobs taken from other religions, I suspect he his a cheerful and extremely confident psychopath, with a fairly low IQ. He almost certainly doesn't think he's done anything wrong, and under most circumstances has fairly simple desires, but he does feel that when he has decided to do something it is fully justified (the psycopathy at work here). He lacks introspection, and was always doomed to bumble into trouble eventually. It looks like the time for that is now.

There are other more interesting people to read up on, if biography is your thing, though. Novax is stupifyingly dull, which is why he hasn't attracted much flack in the past, and why he has become such an easy target now.

Agree with most of that but I believe he could have entered Oz had he just been prepared to go into quarantine for 14 days.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What did he do wrong? I just watched the judge saw that he did everything that was expected of him in the process and "could have expected to stay and compete in the tournament".

It looks like the decision was made because of public order concerns, i.e. that the anti vaxers might get up and about because he is here.

I am yet to see any evidence that his exemption from vaccination was not valid.

I also haven't really seen him doing anything wrong in this process.

I also haven't seen much evidence of him being 'self entitiled' 'a ****' etc etc

I am just not getting the anger from everyone.

Apparently had COVID, did not isolate, combined with anti-vax stance.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Because it has appeared to be rumour and conjecture mixed in with a whole lot of hatred. Not much actual evidence or facts have been flying my way. (since I have had a look in the last hour or so and requested evidence my opinion hasn't changed much).

I only bothered starting now because the comments I heard as I happened to watch the judge's comments seemed odd. (See my last post).

As I say I will be interested to read the findings of the court (who I assume have access to the most complete and up to date facts).

It wasn't rumour and conjecture though. Novak claimed he tested positive on 16th December but his own social media shows him attending events and being interviewed by journalists after his positive test when he should have been isolating. He (or his team) lied (made an administrative error according to Novak) on his visa form when they said he hadn't been to another country in the 14 days before entering Australia, he'd been to Spain. He then admitted all of this on social media before the Australian minister revoked his visa. On top of this the Australian Government have always said a recent positive covid test on it's own is not a valid medical exemption as far as their visa process is concerned for non vaccinated people. He'd have more than likely been kicked out by the first judge they appealed to if it wasn't for the fact the border agents didn't follow procedure properly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

That’s very true

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It wasn't rumour and conjecture though. Novak claimed he tested positive on 16th December but his own social media shows him attending events and being interviewed by journalists after his positive test when he should have been isolating. He (or his team) lied (made an administrative error according to Novak) on his visa form when they said he hadn't been to another country in the 14 days before entering Australia, he'd been to Spain. He then admitted all of this on social media before the Australian minister revoked his visa. On top of this the Australian Government have always said a recent positive covid test on it's own is not a valid medical exemption as far as their visa process is concerned for non vaccinated people. He'd have more than likely been kicked out by the first judge they appealed to if it wasn't for the fact the border agents didn't follow procedure properly.

Fair play to the Aussies for sticking it to him. He simply has to accept that the rules are there for everyone and that unless he gets vaccinated he won't be able to go where he likes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well I think that’s blinkered ..but of course you are entitled to your opinion as I am

Yes, I’m entitled to my opinion, but in what way am I blinkered?
The rules apply to all the players, and in fact, to any visitor to Australia, at the moment.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The facts have been outlined to you even in the post above yours !! There’s none blind who can’t see..Perhaps your dislike of the Australian Government prevents you from reading the posts that answer your question ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The facts have been outlined to you even in the post above yours !! There’s none blind who can’t see..Perhaps your dislike of the Australian Government prevents you from reading the posts that answer your question ?

I have read the posts above and have found some information that supports the claims. With respect to those posting I am not going to accept 'facts' posted on here as fact any more than I would accept the facts of a bloke down the pub.

As I said in an earlier post this whole sorry episode has been wrapped in conjecture and no small amount of hatred for the bloke which I think may well be distorting the facts somewhat.

As I have said there are certainly some questions about his actions and behaviour throughout this but I am going to wait for the reasons for the cancellation of his visa as I believe that this will shed more light on what went on.

My only criticism of the Australian Government in this issue is why it has taken so long to make a decision about all this. The issues outlined on this thread all happened a fair while ago so I agree with the ABC's question in wondering why he was given a visa in the first place.

Anyway don't worry about me I will get my answers sooner or later - or I may forget about it tomorrow and go back to not really giving a shit.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Its 'won't see'

I have read the posts above and have found some information that supports the claims. With respect to those posting I am not going to accept 'facts' posted on here as fact any more than I would accept the facts of a bloke down the pub.

As I said in an earlier post this whole sorry episode has been wrapped in conjecture and no small amount of hatred for the bloke which I think may well be distorting the facts somewhat.

As I have said there are certainly some questions about his actions and behaviour throughout this but I am going to wait for the reasons for the cancellation of his visa as I believe that this will shed more light on what went on.

My only criticism of the Australian Government in this issue is why it has taken so long to make a decision about all this. The issues outlined on this thread all happened a fair while ago so I agree with the ABC's question in wondering why he was given a visa in the first place.

Anyway don't worry about me I will get my answers sooner or later - or I may forget about it tomorrow and go back to not really giving a shit.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Fair enough to your other points apart from the hatred thing. Don’t know why anybody would hate him and I certainly don’t feel any strong negative, personal feelings about him. People hate his actions.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Fair enough to your other points apart from the hatred thing. Don’t know why anybody would hate him and I certainly don’t feel any strong negative, personal feelings about him.

Odd that a pedant picks that up yet uses ‘its’ instead of ‘it’s’ ???

One rule for them, another for us?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Fair enough to your other points apart from the hatred thing. Don’t know why anybody would hate him and I certainly don’t feel any strong negative, personal feelings about him. People hate his actions.

Apologies for that, totally unnecessary, I edited it out, but not quick enough.

Fair dos, but you don't have to go far back to find someone calling him a 'cockhead' (although that is TB so shouldn't be taken too seriously) and I took advice earlier and went through the thread to find info but I was met with few links and great deal of personal insults about the bloke so gave up.

Anyway the truth will out at some point.

Enjoy your day. I might watch some tennis tomorrow.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here