Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Djokovic held at airport

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He lies more than BoJo.

- Why did he take a PCR on the 16th ? If he had no symptoms then why take one?
- What happened to his Spain trip in all this? Did he travel knowing he was positive?
- What about the photos in the street on Xmas day?

All we need now is for him to bring his religion into it

In all of this he has never apologised, which is remarkable seeing as how many mistakes appear to have been made.

It's also remarkable that all the mistakes are by other people. Apparently, he didn't fill in his own forms so it's someone else's mistake that it was ticked "incorrectly" that he had not travelled in the 14 days after his positive test. So when caught out you're allowed to just say "oh ticked in error" and that's ok? I thought it was a legal declaration?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He didn't.

Something I read seems to say - that the barcode previously recorded a 'negative' test result. But 'changed' to give a positive result 2 days ago. Which if true stinks of Serbian government cover up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He lies more than BoJo.

- Why did he take a PCR on the 16th ? If he had no symptoms then why take one?
- What happened to his Spain trip in all this? Did he travel knowing he was positive?
- What about the photos in the street on Xmas day?

All we need now is for him to bring his religion into it

In all of this he has never apologised, which is remarkable seeing as how many mistakes appear to have been made.

I'd maybe give him the benefit of the doubt (just!) on the bit in bold seeing as how he went to a badketball game a couple of days earlier where many subsequently tested positive for covid

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's also remarkable that all the mistakes are by other people. Apparently, he didn't fill in his own forms so it's someone else's mistake that it was ticked "incorrectly" that he had not travelled in the 14 days after his positive test. So when caught out you're allowed to just say "oh ticked in error" and that's ok? I thought it was a legal declaration?

He would have had to sign it to declare that the answers were true. He couldn't delegate that bit. What a tw@t.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His first game will be interesting. There will be the usual contingent of mad Australian Serbs in one corner, and very pissy 'other' ethnic Australians in the other. I predict much booing. Boo. Boo! BOO!!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
His first game will be interesting. There will be the usual contingent of mad Australian Serbs in one corner, and very pissy 'other' ethnic Australians in the other. I predict much booing. Boo. Boo! BOO!!!

As the 'former Yugoslavs' have a bit of a reputation for not 'getting on'*, I would expect this to end in fisticuffs in the stands.

* quite an understatement.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If the :tosser: takes part I want him to draw Nick Kyrgois in the first round (assuming he recovers from Covid in time to take part)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Aussie PM Scotty From Marketing will be frantically have his people running around trying to ascertain whether it will cause him more damage in the forthcoming polls to let Novax stay or kick him out of the country. I know which my money would be on :wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It is when you are an elderly Chinese lady who has "forgotten" to declare your exotic plants. I know that from the telly. :wink:

Yup, usually half a ton of fruit'n'veg in her suitcase, usually liberally littered with a cross-section of Chinese insect life. Border official stands there pointing at card 'But you ticked No Food' :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was lucky enough to go to Croatia v Serbia handball at London 2012 and it was a cracking atmosphere (no trouble).

I was on the scoring / officiating team, for the Water polo competition at the World Aquatics Championships in Perth (1998). Croatia met 'FR Yugoslavia' (Former Republics of Yugoslavia - the agreed name under which Serbia and Montenegro were allowed to compete at the time) in the semi-final.

Croatia won 6-5. It was horribly bad-tempered in the pool, and led to the worst crowd trouble I've ever been caught up in. Weapons, including knives involved - all in the seating immediately (literally two rows of seats) behind us. Match was suspended twice, and was all in all pretty uncomfortable.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Let me quote my first post in this thread:

Australian Open needs Djokovic a lot more than Djokovic needs Australian Open so I think they'll find a way to let him play.

Last year the Australian Tennis Association (or whatever it is called) apparently used their cash reserves of $80m plus took a loan of a further $40m... more losses this year and you'd imagine the Australian government might need to open the wallet to keep this shitty sport going in their shitty country, which is probably something they'd want..

As you know I'm not a big vaccine fanatic but I do think it would be completely fair from their government to tell him to **** off and if everyones wallets were completely happy, I think that is exactly what they would do. But I imagine the organisers of this tournament along with broadcasting companies are pushing the Aussie govt - "you gotta let this bloke play, it is worth a lot of money for us and for you, millions of people who are sensible enough to not give a shit about tennis would tune in"... and thats how it is going to turn out, I think.

Some posts in the beginning referring to "policies" and "the unfairness of treating a rich guy one way while treating others in another"... :D:D:D as if any of those things ever mattered when it is a question of money.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think tennis (along with golf) is almost unwatchable as a sport, however I think I’ll tune in to watch this prick getting absolute pelters from our convict friends.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I was on the scoring / officiating team, for the Water polo competition at the World Aquatics Championships in Perth (1998). Croatia met 'FR Yugoslavia' (Former Republics of Yugoslavia - the agreed name under which Serbia and Montenegro were allowed to compete at the time) in the semi-final.

Croatia won 6-5. It was horribly bad-tempered in the pool, and led to the worst crowd trouble I've ever been caught up in. Weapons, including knives involved - all in the seating immediately (literally two rows of seats) behind us. Match was suspended twice, and was all in all pretty uncomfortable.

I attended a pre season tour game at the Sydney Sports Ground, early 80's. What is now the rebuilt Sydney Football Stadium next to the SCG. New South Wales XI v Dynamo Zagreb. A huge turnout from the Sydney Croat community with an attendance of well over 10k. Pre match the guest of honour was introduced to the teams. The Yugoslav Ambassador. Who was a Serb. From then on the whole vibe turned ugly with a abuse and missiles hurled at the guest of honour as he left the pitch. The abuse continued at the ambassador and his entourage in the seats through the first half, one guy hurling insults and abuse from a megaphone. Unsurprisingly the ambassador didn't appear for the second half.

When I was there long prior to the start of the A League, games between Serb and Croat supported teams at all levels were often nasty affairs on and off the pitch.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
FB_IMG_1642011608152.jpg

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Couldn't the Aussies call his bluff and ask him to do an antigen test to see if he has had Covid. If it shows he hasn't then he gets shown up to be a liar which is almost certainly the case anyway.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Based on an admittedly limited opinion poll ( the Aussie branch of my family) they all want him kicked out - but if he is allowed to compete he will be given a tough time. Trouble at mill………

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here