Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Djokovic held at airport

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Interesting they are calling out the ‘positive covid test result’ as a massive blag - which it seems like it probably is [emoji2369]

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Interesting they are calling out the ‘positive covid test result’ as a massive blag - which it seems like it probably is [emoji2369]

Of course, no way to reasonably disprove it, which makes it a get into jail free card.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The plot thickens. When were tests taken? Which were real? Etc etc.

https://twitter.com/m_hoppenstedt/status/1480922969295761408?s=21

I'm actually torn now between "let him stay and make him a laughing stock" and "deport him" which would make him a cult hero.

Booing crowds, difficult (and mandatory) press conferences, possibly even being shunned by opponents versus "poor old Novax being abused by the Australian state just because he had Covid / is scared of needles / can't understand science / thinks he's better than everyone else". Yep, the first option is pretty attractive.

Would be a massive slap in the face for the millions of normal Aussies who did the right thing though.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
How many people would have to be involved to rig the national system like that? No wonder the Serbian PM is so animated!
It's a generalisation, but if you wanted to find a system riddled with criminal corruption at all levels, the Balkans are where you will find it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
So this is what he did when he was waiting for his PCR result? I’m thinking that isolating at home might have been a better option..

8f381f5fdca29dbca3be7ff64847f999.jpg

So waiting for PCR result- ‘I know I’ll go and meet loads of kids at a big event.’ Then gets positive result and then- ‘I know I’ll do a face to face interview and photoshoot’

I wonder what else he got up to during his ‘isolation period’ - assume more may emerge.

Then somehow he gets into Spain for a holiday, then to Australia for a tennis tournament. Gets his visa forms wrong.

Fishy.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The only reason the Australian Open is happening and that we are getting back to some sense of normality is because millions of us have had our vaccines. That has taken pressure off health services.

Djkovic wants to play at a tournament without playing his part. It’s a slap in the face to everyone who has played their part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's a generalisation, but if you wanted to find a system riddled with criminal corruption at all levels, the Balkans are where you will find it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You could also look closer to home.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The only reason the Australian Open is happening and that we are getting back to some sense of normality is because millions of us have had our vaccines. That has taken pressure off health services.

Djkovic wants to play at a tournament without playing his part. It’s a slap in the face to everyone who has played their part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite

Imagine the place we'd be if everyone took his approach to things, sponsors need to think long and hard about their association with him. A disgrace...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I love the fact that novak addresses “misinformation” by listing loads of things people said were true, as erm…true.

I absolutely refuse to believe that he didn’t get his results back on the day of testing. He is essentially Serbian royalty.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but the reason he didn’t mind seeing those kids is because he didn’t have covid. It is all just made up to get to the aus open.

This is such a brilliant story. Love it.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I love the fact that novak addresses “misinformation” by listing loads of things people said were true, as erm…true.

I absolutely refuse to believe that he didn’t get his results back on the day of testing. He is essentially Serbian royalty.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but the reason he didn’t mind seeing those kids is because he didn’t have covid. It is all just made up to get to the aus open.

This is such a brilliant story. Love it.

Lets face it, he probably didn't even have a test on the 16th.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He lies more than BoJo.

- Why did he take a PCR on the 16th ? If he had no symptoms then why take one?
- What happened to his Spain trip in all this? Did he travel knowing he was positive?
- What about the photos in the street on Xmas day?

All we need now is for him to bring his religion into it

In all of this he has never apologised, which is remarkable seeing as how many mistakes appear to have been made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here