Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Djokovic held at airport

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
AUS could still deport him, they haven’t taken that decision yet.

It appears that he lied on his application paperwork stating that he was in a single Country for the 14 days prior to travelling to Australia when in fact, he was in Serbia and Spain.

The Aussie immigration minister has been handed an easy excuse to send him packing. Let’s see what happens.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
So who are all those people on that Border Force programme being denied entry by border guards in Australian airports ? The answer is that they have self declared compliance with visa requirements but could not back it up upon arrival. Just like the tennis player. What is your point about the venue requirements? Are you saying politicians are somehow exempt ?

those people on that programme you mention are all regarded as a risk of overstaying and/or working without the correct visa , a massive problem in the eastern states they may have an entry visa but not a working visa.......that is clearly not the case with Novax. the venue requirements underline the state coercion to receive the jab if you want a normal life , you don't have to be x2 vaxed to work in the places , only to attend as a paying customer, there is no information available on line regarding politicians vax status but Morrison already got busted staging a photoshoot of him getting the vax with the syringe cap still on.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It appears that he lied on his application paperwork stating that he was in a single Country for the 14 days prior to travelling to Australia when in fact, he was in Serbia and Spain.

The Aussie immigration minister has been handed an easy excuse to send him packing. Let’s see what happens.

trouble is if they deport him he can't come back for 3 years , and there will be a shit storm in melbourne with the serb community.....it's a bad joke.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
trouble is if they deport him he can't come back for 3 years , and there will be a shit storm in melbourne with the serb community.....it's a bad joke.

Imo this is the issue causing delays and lack of decision. Australia has clear reason to deport him but to ban him for 3 years as is also the case is a much bigger ballache for them. As you say, there are many Serbs in Oz I believe.

What a mess on both sides. Novax knew what he was doing (lying, blagging and trying to steam roll his way in because , as already pointed out above, he was too pigheaded to comply with a 14 day quarantine) but the Aussie authorities have well and truly cocked up.

Previously, I would have been certain he would not gain entry and be sent packing. Now, with the 3 year ban problemo I expect him to stay and play. Sadly.

edit - the only up side is that the drama when he goes on court will make good worldwide tv viewing. Will he be hated by the crowd at first? Then, as he beats people become the "underdog" (ha) that people love to support? Then winning the thing to roaring crowds? I would prefer the opposite, bayed and heckled and knocked out in the first round by a wildcard.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The Serbian community is pretty small though circa 66k, twice as many of Croatian heritage (they will be cheering)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
:lolol:

Lying tennis brats and their entitled parents and cheating entourage, dubious Slavic governments, people who are "immune", Nigel Farage and conspiracy theorists who intimidate the old and young queueing at vaccine centres and steal testing equipment.

Ladies and gents, I give you the anti-vaxxers.

Dear, oh dear.

If we're going to play this guilt-by-association game there is in likelihood thousands of wifebeaters, paedophiles and murderers has taken the vaccine, same thing with Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping. Adam Sandler too and he is very boring.

Ladies and gents, I give you the vaxxers...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If we're going to play this guilt-by-association game there is in likelihood thousands of wifebeaters, paedophiles and murderers has taken the vaccine, same thing with Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping. Adam Sandler too and he is very boring.

Yes there are bad people who are vaccinated just as there are bad people who are not. Doesn't make a jot of difference to the FACT that in spite of this, the first group made a wise and correct medical decision that could help them becoming ill with the virus and perhaps more crucially and altruistically, save others from becoming ill and perhaps dying of it as well. The second group, well, they are contemptuous (with the caveat that some have good medical reason and that could include fear as well).

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
edit - the only up side is that the drama when he goes on court will make good worldwide tv viewing.

On court ... or back "in" court?

Looks like the Aussies are now looking into the possibility that he lied* on his entry form about where he'd been prior to arrival.

* allegedly

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes there are bad people who are vaccinated just as there are bad people who are not. Doesn't make a jot of difference to the FACT that in spite of this, the first group made a wise and correct medical decision that could help them becoming ill with the virus and perhaps more crucially and altruistically, save others from becoming ill and perhaps dying of it as well. The second group, well, they are contemptuous (with the caveat that some have good medical reason and that could include fear as well).

Well thats a reasonable opinion that I can understand. The whole "Jeffrey Dahmer had a fridge in his house so if you have a fridge, you are just like him" thing is silly though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yep, there it is.

For all the pseudo intellectual bluster, deep down you're a closed minded, paranoid Q-Anon devotee who can't wait to chuck in allegations of kiddie fiddling when he's lost the scientific argument.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yep, there it is.

For all the pseudo intellectual bluster, deep down you're a closed minded, paranoid Q-Anon devotee who can't wait to chuck in allegations of kiddie fiddling when he's lost the scientific argument.

Wish you two would get a room.

I don't bite anymore, finding it better to mutter to myself and move on. Much healthier imo.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yep, there it is.

Nope. None of that.

Just pointing out that it is only in your infantile, black and white world everyone who takes the vaccine are surely great flawless people while those not taking it are all mad evil idiots.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nope. None of that.

Just pointing out that it is only in your infantile, black and white world everyone who takes the vaccine are surely great flawless people while those not taking it are all mad evil idiots.

Then why mention paedophilia? Are there no anti-vaxxers with dodgy predilections?

Those pushing the Anti Vaxx argument (and yes, Novax as a prominent sportsman is one of them) are certainly mad, anti scientific and anti-choice, as can be seen by their vaccination centre pickets and thieving of test equipment. Those not taking it as a result are victims.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Then why mention paedophilia? Are there no anti-vaxxers with dodgy predilections?

Those pushing the Anti Vaxx argument (and yes, Novax as a prominent sportsman is one of them) are certainly mad, anti scientific and anti-choice, as can be seen by their vaccination centre pickets and thieving of test equipment. Those not taking it as a result are victims.

Why not? Why mention Slavic governments? Are you alleging that all of us who are not vaccinated are PMs in Serbia? Obviously there is loads of dodgy anti-vaxxers.

As for the thieving.. now you are doing the exact same thing again. Not all of the hundreds of millions of non-vaccinated people are thieving equipment. Its the same as saying that vaccinated people are evil and cruel people because there are incidents where vaccinated people have done immoral stuff.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Yep, there it is.

Why have you jumped at this in particular, and not 'murderers' in the same sentence?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Swansman can fight his own corner, but while it was a clumsy analogy, there is a point to be made there I think.

I have been pretty vocal here, and elsewhere about my views on anti-vaxxers. I think anyone that refuses vaccination for non-medical reasons is doing something stupid and contributing to wider social harm.

However there are degrees of stupid and I do have more sympathy with certain groups ( eg where reluctance is linked to a justified suspicion of authority) than with others (eg the middle class hippies I am surrounded by, the right wing 'individual freedom' loons or the conspiricy theorists talking about Bill Gates and 5G). So it doesn't seem quite right to lump them all in with Farage and co. Also we want people to get vaccinated, and making martyrs of some doesn't always help pursuade others. Better to understand the reasons and then try to quietly target those that are pursuadable, not least by politely dismantling the arguments of the proper nutters..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here