Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disgraceful fans

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's insist that ONLY those who have NEVER driven over the drinking limit shout at the likes of Hughes, or else they are hypocrites, eh?
Yes, because that's EXACTLY why people dislike him.

Nothing to do with KILLING a bloke and driving off. For all we know, that bloke might still be alive if he'd stopped and called an ambulance. Maybe that bloke's FAMILY might have had a crumb of comfort in knowing Hughes was full of remorse and did the decent thing in the immediate aftermath.

But no, Hughes was a complete CüNT and did a paltry 3 years for his crime. Sorry, but there are plenty of people in this country who simply don't feel he paid for his crime despite what the judge decreed.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Yes, because that's EXACTLY why people dislike him.

Nothing to do with KILLING a bloke and driving off. For all we know, that bloke might still be alive if he'd stopped and called an ambulance. Maybe that bloke's FAMILY might have had a crumb of comfort in knowing Hughes was full of remorse and did the decent thing in the immediate aftermath.

But no, Hughes was a complete CüNT and did a paltry 3 years for his crime. Sorry, but there are plenty of people in this country who simply don't feel he paid for his crime despite what the judge decreed.

And as I said earlier in the thread, let society judge him and its societies right to do so. The vast majority appear to feel he committed a most appalling crime, a crime made worse by fleeing the scene and for not paying sufficient dues.

I dont just blame Lee Hughes, I also hold the criminal justice system responsible.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I didn't join in with that singing last night. The gangs of those shouting "hit and run!" and cackling as they went i felt rather ashamed of. I hope it isn't because i was of course on the receiving end of a hit and run a few years ago and the effects of it live painfully on, but it likely is.
I like to chant and tease a little, but such a personal attack i found unsettling and dispiriting. We're no moral guardians licensed to holler our tabloid views collectively at someone who likely grieves unforgiveably over a mistake he horrendously made. If he doesn't feel bad at all, then i am in no position to insist that he should. To sing comically of a time in prison i would say is ok, but to shout "murderer" and " hit and run" in such a pitchfork-wielding, witch-drowning way was a bit bloody horrible.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I wasn't there but I can easily guess it was most likely Marc Gorry and crew.

Dunno how you can come to that persumption when Foolg stated it was a couple of middle aged blokes. Why even make a comment if you can't back it up?

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
There was racism in H block last night, I'd now because it was right next to me. Two big middle aged blokes spouting such complete bollocks all game trying to get a laugh, which ended in more people laughing at them instead of with them, due to numerous pathetically unfunny jokes regarding Hughes (unlike the guy making the prison based puns, which although maybe harsh i enjoyed). However when the three black county subs were warming up in the second half, said blokes by me started blurting some "do you work in KFC" "ill have fries with that" followed by "yeah that's it you smile then we can all see you for once". It continued, most of which was unfunny, before the final comment "yeah chase that ball like it's a piece of chicken".
It's not the worst thing i've ever heard at football, but racism is racism. Apologies if anyone fragile is annoyed by those comments, but its difficult to discuss the issue without knowing what's been said.

I should have just quoted them to begin. Luckily, as I said previously I have never seen these people before, so let's hope they do not return.

I'll Get Me Coat

Feb 28, 2011
Worthing
A mate of mine from work got a ticket for the G block right on the edge of the H block. He really loved the atmosphere and the banter, no mention of racist abuse and he is from Uganda.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
Lets get one thing straight, if Hughes didnt want this abuse he should have walked away from football, he knows hes going to get it everywhere he goes, as far as im concerned he deserves everything coming to him, the bloke is a coward. Poor old Hughes getting abuse for such a dusgusting cowardly act that has ruined a familys life for ever.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I should have just quoted them to begin. Luckily, as I said previously I have never seen these people before, so let's hope they do not return.

The worrying thing is, i saw at least one of these blokes at Oldham on saturday, and recognised another, and i know they are all quite frequent supporters/STH's.
Just thought it was pathetic some of the things these blokes were saying. MarcGorry was not one of them, as i've already stated, they were all in their 40's/50's.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Lets get one thing straight, if Hughes didnt want this abuse he should have walked away from football, he knows hes going to get it everywhere he goes, as far as im concerned he deserves everything coming to him, the bloke is a coward. Poor old Hughes getting abuse for such a dusgusting cowardly act that has ruined a familys life for ever.

Doesn't really make a difference IMO. What he did was terrible, as others have said, but coming back into football didn't have much to do with it. He wasn't forced out of football, in fact it was his easiest option to walk back into the football league and pick up a hefty signing on fee with it. Perhaps if the FA/football league had stamped their authority and stopped people like Hughes/Marlon King/Joey Barton returning to football it wouldn't be such a problem. What bugs me, is the fact these people do such things, and are then allowed to walk into an amazingly well paid proffession again, and be so called idols to many youngsters. The worrying thing is, Sunderland fans are ADAMANT that when "murderer" was chanted in the cup game this season, he replied with a steering wheel gesture.
He deserves every last bit of stick he gets, what he did was a disgusting crime, and his choice to put himself infront of thousands of fans each week brings with it consequences given what he's done. Those who think people should sit back, enjoy the game, and give Hughes his second chance at earning 200k + a year will be waiting a long long time for that to happen, this is a football crowd ffs. The County fans applauded him off as he trudged off to the bench, i'm not sure i could do that.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Doesn't really make a difference IMO. What he did was terrible, as others have said, but coming back into football didn't have much to do with it. He wasn't forced out of football, in fact it was his easiest option to walk back into the football league and pick up a hefty signing on fee with it. Perhaps if the FA/football league had stamped their authority and stopped people like Hughes/Marlon King/Joey Barton returning to football it wouldn't be such a problem. What bugs me, is the fact these people do such things, and are then allowed to walk into an amazingly well paid proffession again, and be so called idols to many youngsters. The worrying thing is, Sunderland fans are ADAMANT that when "murderer" was chanted in the cup game this season, he replied with a steering wheel gesture.
He deserves every last bit of stick he gets, what he did was a disgusting crime, and his choice to put himself infront of thousands of fans each week brings with it consequences given what he's done. Those who think people should sit back, enjoy the game, and give Hughes his second chance at earning 200k + a year will be waiting a long long time for that to happen, this is a football crowd ffs. The County fans applauded him off as he trudged off to the bench, i'm not sure i could do that.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here