Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disgraceful fans

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Murder is the unlawful killing of another human being with "malice aforethought", and generally this state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide

Therefore not a murderer, although what he done was wrong and i wouldn't want him playing for us that's for sure.

Also on the topic of idiots in H block, i have sat in the family stand and H block on various occasions over the past 5 years and it seems weird that the kids in FS know a darn sight more than some of the pricks in H that seem intent to just shout abuse at anybody, mostly Brighton players and the ref, just for the sake of looking 'ard!

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I was in H Block and I have to say I didn't hear any racism, but I did find the block very cringeworthy. Lots of unfunny shouts and stupid jokes about a hit a run which sadly cost 2 lives. There was a Hit and Run chant sang a fair few times by the block which I thought was too far. There may of been people seating around who've been effected by the same sort of incident. Its like chanting rape to a former rapist in a womens Yoga session. No need.
It's been a while since I sat in Block H and I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. I noticed there were a couple of older men who'd do all the stupid comments. They were surrounded by loads of 14-18 year olds who'd all do the laughing, it looked very much like they all thought these blokes were hilarious. They did actually start a song about Lee hghes getting raped in the Prison! I mean come on. It seemed the main focus of the block was as much on the stewards, subs warming up, Lee Hughes and chanting how much you hate Palace than there was on the actual match. It would work better if we didn't create these silly 'singing' stands/blocks. It just means people at one end of the ground feel no need to make a noise because thats the job of the other end (the singing end) and sadly all we create is aload of morons all stood amongst each other acting like aload of kids pratting around in a classroom whilst everyone else goes into whisper mode. We need everyone mixed, that way the morons either get identified easier or they better their behaviour.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No they are not - Surely a Police marksman shooting and killing an armed suspect that refused to co-operate and was threatening peoples lives (such as firing on the Police) would be deemed as a legal killing

Otherwise the Police wouldn't be allowed to have trained firearms officers who would use these tactics in dangerous situations - also why would someone do the job if it meant imprisonment for doing what you are paid for. These types of units just wouldn't exist.

Surely a similar system would also apply to Military service personnel acting in the line of duty

- Going back to the Hughes and the shouts of Murderer, surely its all just banter, designed to wind up a player or put them off their game (looked like it worked too) - people take some things way too seriously. Its like fans calling all Norwich fans inbreds, or Gillingham fans Pikeys - doesn't mean they neccessarily believe it but they are just having a laugh.

I wonder though.... we would we taunt the policemen who shot De Menzies in the same way as we did Lee Hughes? As for banter... its only banter when you taunt a mentally handicapped child..... isn't it? Seems to me banter is in the ear of the people who are doing it.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I wasn't there but I can easily guess it was most likely Marc Gorry and crew.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Okay, whilst Hughes is not a murderer his irresponsible behaviour did cause somebody's death. Be that as it may he did behave like a moron on the field and therefore got abused roundly. At the end of the day whatever the rights and wrongs of his situation he should know that if you behave like an arse on the pitch you'll get grief. Really no sympathy and frankly I have no idea why he wasn't sent off for trying to get El Abd booked.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Some people are so precious.
Get over it is a football Match not the theatre.

I agree. I remember being chanted at 'You're going to get your f*cking heads kicked in' regularly
in the 70s/80's and believing them. Now days people would poop their pants and call a help line.

Its banter, get a life

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
This person is a joke by putting this thread on here, The only bad thing in my opinion was someone saying that 'you don't deserve to live!!!' that was a bit extreme, but he must get it at every ground he goes to. I sit in H block and I certainly didn't hear any racism only a bit of banter with the county subs, who took it quite well :D

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Lee Hughes killed someone- and now makes a living again. The person he killed will never make a living again.
So IMO he deserves everything he gets.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was in H Block and I have to say I didn't hear any racism, but I did find the block very cringeworthy. Lots of unfunny shouts and stupid jokes about a hit a run which sadly cost 2 lives. There was a Hit and Run chant sang a fair few times by the block which I thought was too far. There may of been people seating around who've been effected by the same sort of incident. Its like chanting rape to a former rapist in a womens Yoga session. No need.
It's been a while since I sat in Block H and I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. I noticed there were a couple of older men who'd do all the stupid comments. They were surrounded by loads of 14-18 year olds who'd all do the laughing, it looked very much like they all thought these blokes were hilarious. They did actually start a song about Lee hghes getting raped in the Prison! I mean come on. It seemed the main focus of the block was as much on the stewards, subs warming up, Lee Hughes and chanting how much you hate Palace than there was on the actual match. It would work better if we didn't create these silly 'singing' stands/blocks. It just means people at one end of the ground feel no need to make a noise because thats the job of the other end (the singing end) and sadly all we create is aload of morons all stood amongst each other acting like aload of kids pratting around in a classroom whilst everyone else goes into whisper mode. We need everyone mixed, that way the morons either get identified easier or they better their behaviour.

having said all that, the game last night was so shite that there was not much going on the pitch to get excited by maybe?

Yes there were chants about Hughes, which is BANTER!!! as people are so keen to use the word on here. Also the comments to the subs, expecially the 10 year old lad and his Dad were very funny. If bhaamex1901 thinks that abusing opposition subs is racism just because they are black is amazing.

Anyway, if you are not happy with H block dont worry, I assume your user name means you are a 1901 member possibly...if so you can sit and watch your team in the smug knowledge that you dont have to be doing with the oiks in H block any more. ( that is aimed at the original poster not you falmer, I just used your quote)

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
FFS!! what is it with people and 'H' block, i am a 52 year old man (well until sun when i will be a respectable 53) who has a season ticket in 'H' block, and to be perfectly honest, i wouldnt want to sit anywhere else , at least they try to make an atmosphere, at a ground that is possibly the quietest in the world, i find their banter funny, and amusing, yes, you will always get some pissed 17 year old shouting some ludicrous statement but who hasnt at some time or other. As far as the 'MURDERER chant goes, who gives a shit to be honest, this guy has killed someone, served minimum time, and is out playing football and supposedly a player that some notts county youngsters may well will look up to. utter bullshit in my opinion, i wouldnt want my kids looking up to him for sure, he deserves all the abuse he gets and long may it rain upon his head. HE IS ALIVE AND KICKING!!!

And i have NEVER, EVER, heard any racism in 'H' block.

Glad i got my season ticket in the NORTH STAND too for the Amex, it's gonna be rocking!!

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

drink driving, smashed into another car, killed an innocent person... errrr MURDERER!!!!

p.s stop being an f-ing pansy. We are at HOME, we make the atmosphere as hostile as we can for the away team to hopefully gain an advantage. If we can wind up their striker by shouting at him what he is and hopefully make him play shit or get sent off then who cares!!! EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE COUNTRY WOULD DO THE SAME THING IF ONE OF OUR PLAYERS HAD COMMITED THE CRIME. It's about time you 'real' fans as you call yourself grew a pair because you are silent for most of the game. The women next to me were more interested in a Wasp than the game last night, Pathetic!

MURDERER!

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Okay, whilst Hughes is not a murderer his irresponsible behaviour did cause somebody's death. Be that as it may he did behave like a moron on the field and therefore got abused roundly. At the end of the day whatever the rights and wrongs of his situation he should know that if you behave like an arse on the pitch you'll get grief. Really no sympathy and frankly I have no idea why he wasn't sent off for trying to get El Abd booked.

Spot on - he behaved like a knob all match and should have got a red.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would work better if we didn't create these silly 'singing' stands/blocks.

Interesting point. The term 'singing section' is a bit of a red herring in my opinion. Their real purpose is somewhere to put all the horrible people no one wants to sit near. It's a bit like West St, it keeps all the chavs in one place and out of your face. There's nothing to stop a group of people sitting anywhere in the ground and singing a few songs together is there? Go figure.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Interesting point. The term 'singing section' is a bit of a red herring in my opinion. Their real purpose is somewhere to put all the horrible people no one wants to sit near. It's a bit like West St, it keeps all the chavs in one place and out of your face. There's nothing to stop a group of people sitting anywhere in the ground and singing a few songs together is there? Go figure.

Yes yes yes.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Lee Hughes killed someone- and now makes a living again. The person he killed will never make a living again.
So IMO he deserves everything he gets.

he did not mean to kill anyone......he has to live with it......let it go......what we should kill him just because someone died from an accident?

the reasons for all people who murder or perform manslaughter ALL come from social issues and the system they are forced to live in...FACT. no one is born 'bad'....infact 'bad' does not exist....just balanced and inbalanced energy.

but hey, right wing footy fans.....sigh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here