Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Diego Gomez

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just got around to watching his sizzle reel…

Very, very impressive - even accounting for the lower level of competition. 6’1, pacy, charges forward but most impressively can really pick a pass. So many clips of him playing a ball in behind a defender, rather than playing to feet and slowing down an attack.

Again, 6’1 which I love. With Wieffer sitting in the Rodri role, it will allow Gomez to bomb forward (as in the clips) and still give us height and steel in the middle when defending. (No offence intended to Groß and Gilmour, who are different types of players).

You can see our new look side coming together piece by piece like a jigsaw.

Very excited about this one - and Wieffer. Losing Groß is massive, but it looks like we are trying very hard to mitigate that loss with some excellent signings.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Why is it a January arrival?

Is that the US window?

Makes no difference when the US window is. For a player to move the window has to be open for the buying club only.

Sounds like we will be getting the transfer done in this window and letting him stay in the MLS on loan for the rest of their season. He will then be available to play for us from January when the window re-opens in Europe.

If Inter Miami don't make the playoffs or are knocked out early he'd be free to join up with the squad and train (obviously subject to us sorting his work permit) but he can't play any PL games until January.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
A January arrival then.

I suppose the more time he has with Messi, the better at his age.

Not just Messi.

He's also teammates with Luis Suarez, Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets.

No wonder we're happy to leave him there for a few months. Who better than Busquets to teach him how to play the CM role?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You are right. Being in my sixties now I can remember when a foreign player came to play in England it was big news - whichever Club he joined. No wonder we can't win the Euros !
You are right, our declining number of international honours certain corrolates with the influx of foreign players.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well, I'm in my 60s always lived in Sussex and spitting feathers always meant thirsty. Spitting tacks or spitting blood meant angry. Strange isn't it?
It’s commonly used meaning thirsty OR angry. So everyone is right....yey!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
1721593971954.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here