Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Camacho

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Some of the comments by people really do amaze me...

Don't some of you not realise by now that Poyet & Bloom keep their cards VERY close to their chest and, unlike the last regime, we won't know who we're signing until THEY want us to know?

There's nothing we can do about it so stop complaining. Gus will get the players in he wants - sometimes contract negotiations take longer than anticipated because both the clubs, the players and their agents want to get the best deal for themselves. That's no different to any job.

good post ....but they will still be whinging on about a signing .....probably forever

PS I used to live in Mile Oak..................just a piece of useless information

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Some people seem to be forgetting that:

A. Tony and Gus are BOTH on record saying they want to be challenging for promotion this season
B. Hart and Holroyd do NOT provide adequate cover upfront
C. Gus has specifically stated he is after a top striker, amongst other players / positions
D. To get such a striker in will almost certainly cost big money by our standards
E. Tony is minted, and will want a team to grace his £90M plus stadium

So, in essence, we WILL probably splash the cash on a striker before deadline day...

Yes, Tony IS minted ,but most of his mint has gone on the stadium..lets not forget how much 90 MILLION POUNDS is !
..and sure another 1 million for a top striker is maybe not a lot to him in the grand scheme of things, BUT its not going to get us a top striker from either the Championship, and definitely not from the EPL.
SO..we are looking at good strikers in League 1 ....and most clubs now have their top strikers in place.
So..this 'big money' is only going to get us someone from a club who need the money to balance their books.
Frankly, im not sure who's out there...and im not going to put names around ,because ive been totally bored for the whole pre season with all these ridiculous names that have been tossed around.
MAYBE WE WONT SPLASH THE CASH !

Yes, Tony IS minted ,but most of his mint has gone on the stadium..lets not forget how much 90 MILLION POUNDS is !
..and sure another 1 million for a top striker is maybe not a lot to him in the grand scheme of things, BUT its not going to get us a top striker from either the Championship, and definitely not from the EPL.
SO..we are looking at good strikers in League 1 ....and most clubs now have their top strikers in place.
So..this 'big money' is only going to get us someone from a club who need the money to balance their books.
Frankly, im not sure who's out there...and im not going to put names around ,because ive been totally bored for the whole pre season with all these ridiculous names that have been tossed around.
I think You may find that only a small fraction of his mint has gone on the stadium.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
And what are you basing that on Norman? As far as I am aware no one on this board has a clue what old bloomy is worth??!!

And what are you basing that on Norman? As far as I am aware no one on this board has a clue what old bloomy is worth??!!
Well,let's just assume that Mrs Bloom has a voice in Her Husbands affairs(most do)say Tony had £200million would Mrs B allow him to spunk half on a stadium?
If Tony had £500million would she allow Him to blow one fifth of it?I don't think so,this £90million odd is small beer in the Bloom piggy bank,of that I'm sure.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

:lolol:
Rich people like Bloom don't pump most of there money into projects.The money he has spent so far probably hasn't even made a slight dent on his bank account.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Questions to the spanish guys amongst us, have you seen him play? what's he like?

No, but apparently he is very good "on paper". Seriously though I imagine Gus has & has a good opinion of him otherwise he'd not be here. We do have a Spanish scout who is likely to be more responsible for this move too.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If we can pick up a quality young striker for a million that would be an asset,its not looking good though is it?:facepalm:

We all know that investing in the team is an investment not money down the pan:thumbsup:

Come on mr bloom get the dollars out:drink:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If we can pick up a quality young striker for a million that would be an asset,its not looking good though is it?:facepalm:

We all know that investing in the team is an investment not money down the pan:thumbsup:

Come on mr bloom get the dollars out:drink:
Well if we want a proven young quality striker then i haven't seen better then Austin knocking around the lower leagues.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tell that to Portsmouth
Or on the other hand you can choose Fulham or Wigan.I don't see them being hard up who have wealthy backers.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Which would be fantastic......but no one has answered my other points about the '1 million pound striker', and where he is coming from !

Look no further then Austin.

Pumping millions into football is such a gamble as there is very little return in it.Bloom knows this and is shrewed enough to see this.So the money he has injected isn't alot to what he is really worth.He has got to be absolutely minted.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Calderon played in the league below Camacho. Calderon is one of our better players. I'm going to jump to the conclusion that Super Cam will piss on league 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here