Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Camacho

Stumpy Tim

I don't agree we need a centre-back. It's only three games Greer is out for. The point of having back-ups like El Abd is that they play in these situations. Under normal circumstances we'd also have Dunk. We're fine there.

Left-winger, striker, holding midfielder please - in that order.

Can't argue with this. The fact we don't have a decent left-winger in the squad seems to have passed a lot of people by. We need a striker & a left-winger before the transfer window

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I agree that Al-Abd is fine as a back up, but Dunk is out injured so if Elphick or Al-Abd gets injured or sent off on Saturday we have no natural cover for them. In hindsite letting Tunnicliffe go out on loan may not have been so clever.
Correct.

You can't go into three matches without any cover on the bench for the center half slot.That's to much of a risk.A short term loan would be sufficient enough untill either Greer or Dunk are back.
I don't like Prioritizing which area needs filling first,they are all just as important as eachother and need rectifying quickly.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can't argue with this. The fact we don't have a decent left-winger in the squad seems to have passed a lot of people by. We need a striker & a left-winger before the transfer window

Yes, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been discussed at all. How about bringing that LuaLua fella back? :wozza:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Painter started with Birmingham as a centre back.
Kishishev plays international football at left back while El Abd's best performances last season were also at left back.

signing Camacho would allow all of those "emergency cover" options to be bought into play if needed

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Painter is a very good CB. People at Swansea thought that is what he was coming here to do. So no problems slotting him in there. Kish back to LB and Comancho in as cover in midfield on a weekly contract.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
...............and Comancho in as cover in midfield on a weekly contract.

made me laugh. :laugh:

a bit of respect please.....would you travel from Spain to the UK and bring your family with you for a weekly contract?

a season-long deal is justified and is neither more or less than he seems to have had from various clubs over the last 9 years so shouldn't be a problem getting him to accept as long as the money + accomodation package is right.

blimey! I'm coming across all shop stewardy :lolol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Painter is a very good CB. People at Swansea thought that is what he was coming here to do. So no problems slotting him in there. Kish back to LB and Comancho in as cover in midfield on a weekly contract.

So you would move two players from their positions to cover one injury/suspension rather than get someone else in. Who takes Kish position in midfield as Camacho is a replacement for Navarro?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

No way.You can get away with not having to much pace in mdifield but pushing Kish to left back is a no no.He would be skinned alive by a quickish winger.

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

and you have forgotton that we have not got a holding midfielder in the squad who can play either. and baz has been quoted by gus as being a left sided attaker so we do have one ah and bennet. but i agree we could do with another.

a holding midfielder, left sided midfielder, left footed defender. they are the gaps that need filling. personally these are more important than another striker as we four or five players there. these posistions sort out the ballance of the squad, get that right before adding to areas with extra quality.

Name a game where Bennett has played the left and hasn't been completely wasted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here