Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Camacho

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This is NSC. It's the norm. :thumbsup:

If we're going to talk about new signings, let's talk about the area of the pitch we need one. Midfield is fine, even without Navarro. Battipiedi can step in, when Kishishev, Dicker AND Sparrow are out for whatever reason. We need a striker, and his name is Adam Le Fondre. Please.
Midfield isn't fine.Far from it.There's not enough depth to it and Kish doesn't last 90 mins.On saturday i wasn't that convinced about Batti but it's to early to judge him.We need another midfielder and it looks like we are getting one. :thumbsup:

Farley11

Jun 16, 2008
Mile Oak
Brendon Cole

Attachments

• 10740.jpg
    10740.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 501

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I can not believe people opinions on this!
You say we have cover in midfield but we also have cover upfront too!

We have NO natural cover for Navarro. Why can only very few people see this?
If Navarro was a striker he would be this 25+ season man people bang on about. He is more important that a striker with the way we play.
He NEEDS to be replaced with a natural holding player not just covered for by out of position players.
Midfield is NOT fine with Navarro out. That is fact not opinion.
Thankfully the most important person in this(Gus) knows we need cover and that's all that matters really.
But as you say....some people on here you feel like banging your head against the wall with.How can you not see the blatant flaws in the squad?
And yes we do need another defender,that's obvious as well.It's a shame about McNulty as i reckon he could have filled that left back slot and center back but that's Poyets choice.McNulty has said he plays better at center back then left back a few times, a bit like Lynch.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Indeed I really think McNulty would fit in with Poyets style. I have a feeling he may still come back and play at some point, who knows. But we do need another defender, left footed.
That and the holding midfielder are the most important i think in terms of the balance of the team and squad. Then we can add extra quality on the wings and up front. Well thats how I would do it anyway.[/QUOTE
You see it with common sense.Remember we are targeting a top 6 finish so we cannot afford to take to many chances or let points slip by.
How can we get by without Sparrow and Nav lol.
Lets look at this in proper detail.Mr Elephant thinks we don't need cover.Lets see...

We currently have..rough estimates,

Smith 20 years old played less then five games in his career.

Batti 20 years old a couple of sub appearances,that's all for us and is adapting to the English game.Same with Baz who i have a feeling Poyet doesn't rate to much.

Kish 35 years old experienced player who is still finding fitness and you can't really expect him to play two 90 min matches in a week.

Dicker 22 years old about 100 appearances.

Bennett 21 years old 100 games roughly.We really shouldn't be relying to much on his goals at his age,

I think that says it all.We have a real lack of experience in midfield and depth with Sparrow out and Nav.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Priority = Striker

Then L. Midfield

Then C.Midfield

Then L.back

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Priority = Striker

Then L. Midfield

Then C.Midfield

Then L.back

Nope
Priority is left midfield as we don't have a natural winger, then I would go with central midfield because of the injury to Navarro. Striker if we get one would be good clearly but is not as essential.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
We have no Italians. Want a savage left back from Italy (the Argentinian boys passport of convenience doesnt count!)
Left midfield. Im getting the feeling, despite earlier doubts that LuaLua will be back.
CMidfield. Want a Spanish playmaker even from 2nd tier club.
Striker. Want a terrifying brick shithouse Nigerian with the pace of Bolt.

:lolol:

Even funnier. Young Boys just scored.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
We do need a holding midfield player to replace Navarro. We also need cover at centre back with Greer now suspended again, and we also need another established striker.

There are probably other positions that need strengthening but the three above are the priorities. IMHO.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I don't agree we need a centre-back. It's only three games Greer is out for. The point of having back-ups like El Abd is that they play in these situations. Under normal circumstances we'd also have Dunk. We're fine there.

Left-winger, striker, holding midfielder please - in that order.

I agree that Al-Abd is fine as a back up, but Dunk is out injured so if Elphick or Al-Abd gets injured or sent off on Saturday we have no natural cover for them. In hindsite letting Tunnicliffe go out on loan may not have been so clever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here