Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Camacho

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So it is - thank God you pointed that out. Maybe you could start a couple of threads about it too? And if you have time, go on every other thread and make much the same point again.

Oh - you already have!!!

He is CORRECT, so fair enough IMHO...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh shut up you berk, it's a broken record now. We are little Brighton, playing in an athletics stadium, we are not going to splash 1m on a striker.

Are you sure?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Some people seem to be forgetting that:

A. Tony and Gus are BOTH on record saying they want to be challenging for promotion this season
B. Hart and Holroyd do NOT provide adequate cover upfront
C. Gus has specifically stated he is after a top striker, amongst other players / positions
D. To get such a striker in will almost certainly cost big money by our standards
E. Tony is minted, and will want a team to grace his £90M plus stadium

So, in essence, we WILL probably splash the cash on a striker before deadline day...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Forgot to mention...

F. Camacho, on paper, will be BETTER than Navs, so... excited by his potential signing...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why is everyone so excited about camacho?

Not sure myself. Think it may be the flair name bollocks again.

From what I can see , yes he has played in La Liga but always for relegation teams.

Could be good but certainly not guarenteed , unless I'm missing something

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

From what I can see , yes he has played in La Liga but always for relegation teams.

Read a bit more carefully then.

He played the last two seasons for Gijon and kept them UP [not single-handedly, ganted!]. This would be like keeping West Brom up in teh Prem - i.e. it would not happen without a decent midfield.

And he played 54 times in those two seasons, so not jsut a squad player.

On PAPER [yes, I know] he should be MILES better than anybody else in our squad.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Calde never got as high as this guy, so perhaps you are missing something?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Read a bit more carefully then.

He played the last two seasons for Gijon and kept them UP [not single-handedly, ganted!]. This would be like keeping West Brom up in teh Prem - i.e. it would not happen without a decent midfield.

And he played 54 times in those two seasons, so not jsut a squad player.

On PAPER [yes, I know] he should be MILES better than anybody else in our squad.

Spot on...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Well Calderon was released by a Segunda team and look at his quality. This guy's got a better pedigree than Calde.

That said - if he's a Navarro replacement, what's Kishishev?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Well Calderon was released by a Segunda team and look at his quality. This guy's got a better pedigree than Calde.

That said - if he's a Navarro replacement, what's Kishishev?

I don't think Kish likes playing as a holding midfielder- Gus hinted at that in a recent interview. But said he would make do as he did playing for Gus at Leeds..

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
god the argus are slacking a bit aren't they

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
This list has been going on since the players reported back for trainning in july.I'm almost ready to throw in the towel now and say that we won't get 20 goal striker.The club has left it to late which brings back shocking memories of the Knight era where his phone was switched off.

Do you honestly think that Gus and TB have been sitting on their arses since May, doing NOTHING to try and get better players in ? Do you really think that they have 'left it too late'.
Dont you think that they probably know that there is only a couple of weeks left before the window shuts?
Why dont you give them a call and tell them that you will sort the problem ...sure they would be thrilled !!!!
Add your name to the list of tossers on NSC..well done !

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Forgot to mention...

F. Camacho, on paper, will be BETTER than Navs, so... excited by his potential signing...

Shame they have to play on grass then. BOOM BOOM.
Will some folks just f***ing lighten up, jeez, we are moving forward under a very good management team so I for one will leave it in their capable hands. We will get the players we need & only those who meet all the criteria which includes staying within our wage structure.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Will some folks just f***ing lighten up, jeez, we are moving forward under a very good management team so I for one will leave it in their capable hands. We will get the players we need & only those who meet all the criteria which includes staying within our wage structure.

Well that's just bloody typical :angry:

A very good chance of this turning into a binfest and you come along with a BLATANT bit of common sense ..... Have you no shame:glare:

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand

Your so right, but unfortunately most people here dont have the same philosophy as we do.
You can say it as much as you want, but it will go in one ear...pass through what can be classed as 'brains' and then straight out of the other ear.
And then tomorrow, EXACTLY the same things will be said .
Oh well !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here