Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicks Bar

D

Deleted User X18H

I went in the BUPA lounge yesterday it reminded me a bit if the concourse bar at Brighton Racecourse. It was ok though. I go into Dicks Thursdays after press and very nice it is in there too.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
f*** me smelly theres a name from the past ,does he still work in Davids book shop ? Played footie against him sunday league good bloke

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It`s shit in there. No open fire, no old pictures of pubs or brass bed warmers on the walls and they don,t have a resident dog in there. f*** em I say.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
thanks, I was wondering if they will have a live feed of the Palace game on?

TBH I think it is only open in the day.

I wonder if the club are thinking of a beam back given the lack of tickets available

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
TBH I think it is only open in the day.

I wonder if the club are thinking of a beam back given the lack of tickets available

I am sure they must be discussing it, they could open the North Stand concourse and show it there, ticket only, another way of making some money.

Jan 30, 2008
I went in there for the first time last night and left soon after the music started as it was not to my taste. The bar wasnt what I expectyed and only a slight improvement, with seats than drinking in the concourse. I certainly wouldnt queue up to go in there but it was ok. Borther in law says Virgo and Mayo were in there did anybody see them or is he bull.......g.

What is the general opinion of the bar as I said I thought that it was ok no more no less.
do you like where you sit in WSL ???

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I like the fact that there is no kids in there and that there are bands on......Saturday's my day out !!!

Now can we please have.....

Fish Brothers

Long Tall Texans

Hotknives

In that order please..........

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It does let in kids.

Just not on matchday.

For many of us football and the Albion is about our family. Therefore I go to watch with my son. I therefore can not go into Dick's Bar. Stupid.

That said the names stupid and it does have a feeling of a canteen rather than a supporters bar. And it also seems to be only frequented by a certain type of person. So I'm not too bothered. :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is literally nothing about Dick's that makes it unsuitable for children on matchdays.

I have not experienced any behaviour in Dick's that made me think "Oooh, good job there are not kids in here." (In fact, I have seen kids in there.)

There are no licensing reasons as to why kids can not be in there. There is a thread somewhere on here where I asked the direct question to the licensing authority who confirmed such.

So, it is entirely the Albion's choice that kids are not officially permitted. I respect that choice, although I think it is stupid, short-sighted and wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here