Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicks Bar

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Like the idea of popping in and out so i can have a smoke. So music is played and i take it there's plenty of seats/tables around ?

They had a band on last night (Too Many Crooks aka Seagulls Ska), and Two Choices are in there this coming Saturday.

Depends what you call 'plenty'. There are some seats and tables, plus high level tables for people standing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No the licence does not [permit under 18s. Incidentally the law of the land doesnt permit under 18s in apub now unless they have a childrens certifiucate or serve food. You used to be able to gpo intoa pub at 14 and drink soft drinks but not now since the new laws came out 2002
Only on a match day

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No the licence does not [permit under 18s. Incidentally the law of the land doesnt permit under 18s in apub now unless they have a childrens certifiucate or serve food. You used to be able to gpo intoa pub at 14 and drink soft drinks but not now since the new laws came out 2002

Under 18s are not allowed in on match days. Apart from that they are allowed in.

I know you're a longstanding landlord, but I think you stuff about under 18s is out of date.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Under 18s are not allowed in on match days. Apart from that they are allowed in.

I know you're a longstanding landlord, but I think you stuff about under 18s is out of date.

No that is the latest laws as I let my licence run out and had to take the course in 2003 to do some relief work for a small company during holidays , but have now fiully retired.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
No the licence does not permit under 18s. Incidentally the law of the land doesnt permit under 18s in a pub now unless they have a childrens certifiucate or serve food. You used to be able to go into a pub at 14 and drink soft drinks but not now since the new laws came out in 2003

So, what you're saying is that the licence actually states that under 18's are not allowed in only on a match day?

I'm pretty sure they're allowed in on other days.

Whay sort of a licence is that then?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They could have either a childs certificate or food licence with variations imposed either voluntariy or by the council who now issue these licences, I dont really know. I do know that when under 18 Ben was refused admission after a game hence yesterday being the first time that I have gone in there.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So, what you're saying is that the licence actually states that under 18's are not allowed in only on a match day?

I'm pretty sure they're allowed in on other days.

Whay sort of a licence is that then?

The law states that anyone can go into a licensed premises, but that under 16s must be accompanied by an adult in the area where alcohol is served. What that precise area is, and the rules about a specfific premises' entry rules are at the discretion of the licensee - in this instance, Richard Hebberd.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You would need to read the actual Premises Licence, which should be displayed, to establish the terms and conditions of their particular licence.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh wow. Genius. How do you get these unique witty thoughts. Have you considered Stand up comedy.

He's a f***ing Palace twat-unable to stand upright, let alone stand up AND talk.

Sep 1, 2010
Is always used to stipulate substantial food but times and laws change. One of the whims of the Tony Blair mob to change the old licensing laws and to bring them up to date which hasnt done much for the publicans and their well being in my opinion.

That was literal sarcasm. No offence

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You would need to read the actual Premises Licence, which should be displayed, to establish the terms and conditions of their particular licence.

If I recall correctly, Richard Hebberd (in a previous Roar, I think) said that the actual licence is for the entire stadium, not just one bar, and that it's a fairly standard licence - i.e. not that many peculiarities. Therefore, I daresay it's displayed somewhere; don't know where though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Licensing Act 2003 Part 7 section 145 deals only with unaccompanied children under the age of 16 whereby the person accomanying them must be over 18 but does not identify accompanied children specifically. As I said on my course an 18 year old boy could take his 16 year oild girlfriend into a pub buy a meal that had a salad garnish and theoretically he could drink beer all night and she could drink wine all the time she had some of her garnish. My interpretation was based on unaccompanied children which in most cases wouldnt apply in Dicks Bar, so if I was the Premises License Holder I would need to revise and aquaint myself with the rules and regulations specific to those prermises.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Its nothing special,that seems to be run for certain people,hence the bands that have been on up there,peter and the test tube babies,too many crooks,piranhas,majority of people wont be intersted in any of that,but,like i say,its not there for the majority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here