Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicks Bar

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Sorry but not everybody wants to have a beer surrounded by a load of bored kids running all over the place-we get enough of that in ALL of the concourses, pre-match, half time and post match.

Sometimes adults want to be amongst adults and Dick's Bar offers that refuge.

Do you really?

Either you're not a father, or if you are you're not very good at it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh sorry i have never been to a pub/bar where people have to sort out thier own entertainment,silly me.
And you seriously think,Peter and the test tube babies,Piranhas, etc are for all people?

No one band is going to cater for the majority, but the punk and ska bands that have played are not the only ones that the venue will have playing there. Who else will play there? Anyone, if they're booked. Who makes the booking? Anyone, if they want to.

Who do you think puts the gigs on if it's not 'people'? A machine?

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
You're missing the point.

No one band is going to cater for the majority, but the punk and ska bands that have played are not the only ones that the venue will have playing there. Who else will play there? Anyone, if they're booked. Who makes the booking? Anyone, if they want to.

Who do you think puts the gigs on if it's not 'people'? A machine?

I agree,but you think the bands i names are for,say Mr and Mrs Smith in thier 60s or 70s,but im pretty sure certain people were loving the fact them bands were playing,so the people run the clubs bar now? not the club?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I agree,but you think the bands i names are for,say Mr and Mrs Smith in thier 60s or 70s,but im pretty sure certain people were loving the fact them bands were playing,so the people run the clubs bar now? not the club?

You call the club and book the venue, and liaise with them. That's what Attila's been doing so far.

It's what I did when we did the REMF Quiz Night.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Not sure what people want from a Bar really. It has a Bar, Chairs and Tables, Televisions,food and some interesting Albion Artwork on the wall and some nice Toilet facilities.

This. Pop in at lunch times during week occasionally if passing for work.
Good prices, always seats available and easy parking.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Bumped into Dick himself in there pre match yesterday. You have not been charged.

The Mr and Mrs Smith I know who are now in their sixties were great fans of the Piranhas, first time round.

And YES ... the bands aren't run by the Club.

A thread complaining about the free music laid on in our new bar which isn't compulsory to attend, situated in our new ground - brilliant....

Hard to believe isn't it!? The music has only been of a 'certain kind' because Atilla actually bothers to book acts who he obviously knows or has contacts with....he doesn't have to! I'd welcome other acts too but who will bother? Last night was great, loved the Crooks and Atilla's parting shot....We got Falmer. I'd like to see The Fish Brothers next, that band crack me up.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Hard to believe isn't it!? The music has only been of a 'certain kind' because Atilla actually bothers to book acts who he obviously knows or has contacts with....he doesn't have to! I'd welcome other acts too but who will bother? Last night was great, loved the Crooks and Atilla's parting shot....We got Falmer. I'd like to see The Fish Brothers next, that band crack me up.

"3 weeks till Palace, there's only 3 weeks till Palace!" that's one way of warming up the crowd!! I'd love to see The Hotknives play next - another Ska band just to piss some of the moaners off even more!!

I know that there will be a band they'll put on sooner or later that I won't like....will I moan about it on here? No!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
"3 weeks till Palace, there's only 3 weeks till Palace!" that's one way of warming up the crowd!! I'd love to see The Hotknives play next - another Ska band just to piss some of the moaners off even more!!

I know that there will be a band they'll put on sooner or later that I won't like....will I moan about it on here? No!!

I mentioned The Hotknives to Smelly in the Evening Star before the game.

Hope this happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here