Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Barrel of Fun said:
I know, but I will argue out of principle - maybe it will make a few doubters see the light...? OR push my post count to infinity and beyond!

I got a post count like that but have given up on the doubters. Nothing will change their minds.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Big Jim said:
I wonder how old you are? Do you remember pre-Knight?

Also, the club make a loss even if Withdean is full, does this begin to explain the problems with money?

If you were a pro player would you play for a club in Brightons position? I wouldn't (apart from local ties, etc). Once Falmer happens, etc, etc. things will be different, players will want to play in a stadium.

The 10 years problem with Falmer, Hasn't Dick done everything possible? I think he has. However, I know plenty of people (including my MP) who disagree with Falmer, so it's the responsibility of all of us to educate these people. So it's also our fault chaps!

sir albion is 36 and needs to be ignored. :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, I think I'll lose the will to live if I plough through this entire thread.

But to those complaining the budget's too small, what do you suggest?

Where the hell are we supposed to get more money from? Sponsors aren't chucking cash at clubs in League One. The ground provides no income. For crying out loud, if your kids are demanding you buy a new TV that costs a grand, yet you have about fifty quid in your account, what do you do? Where do you find the money to pay for it? Answer: you don't. You can't. You either don't bother, or get something cheaper and crapper.

Why is it that so many people can't seem to grasp the concept that we have chuff all money to play with, therefore we can only spend what we've got. "We need to spend more", I hear people whining. Well what bank is going to keep on lending money to the black hole that is the Albion?

Dick Knight is a wealthy man by our standards, but not to the extent that he can chuck the sort of money needed to revive a football club in. He's certainly not Roman Abramovich, or Al Fayed, or even Milan Mandaric. And if you seriously imagine there is a queue of (no pun intended) knights in shining armour waiting to ride in and plough millions into the Albion in our current state, you are completely and utterly deluded.

Naturally it's frustrating, not to mention dull, for the fans, but that state of inertia is the reality this club faces until something gives, ie we get Falmer, or we go bust, whichever happens first. If you can't accept that, you may as well give up now.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Would we want someone else in? after all if Abramovich left chelsea they would be right up shit creek without a paddle.To be honest i'd rather dick stay and lead us into Falmer and do everything on our own merits .Its what makes Us the best supporters in the world.

Yorkie said:
Why on earth should a journalist have an affiliation for the local club?

Er....writing for the local newspaper, covering the local team, speaking to the actual fans of said team - I think SOMEONE should be a freaking FAN writing for that club, somebloodywhere! I don't expect it from the Telegraph, Times, or Express - so it 'might' just be a little novel of our local newspaper had articles and reviews written by an actual fan, or someone who leans just a little on the side of the local club?

If I want non-partisan, and non-supportive reporting, do you think I should read the Lewes rag perhaps? Howabout the landlord of The Swan write for the arsegas?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Harty said:
The voice of reason.......10 years late but here all the same!!!!!!!

Glory hunter.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The point is, there ISN'T anyone else wanting to come in.

Whether you think Dick Knight walks on water, you think he's a waste of space, or you appreciate him for what he is, a decent guy who loves the Albion and has worked very hard in extremely trying circumstances and probably for little reward to keep the club going, the fact is that nobody else is waiting in the wings to buy him out.

All very well saying we need an injection of cash from a generous millionaire, but nearly every club in the Football League is wishing the same. And if you were a benevolent old rich guy just itching to take on a football club as your pet project, well I'm sorry people, but right now there are far more attractive propositions financially than Brighton & Hove Albion.

Imagine what you could do with, say, Carlisle, if you had unlimited funds? Or Plymouth, Hull, Milton Keynes, Swansea?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Barrel of Fun said:
Noone is denying that! The fans played their integral part (when no one else would help us) and then 'handed' the club over to Dick.

"I think he's got it!":clap:

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I wonder instead of jumping into bed with Dick Tight quite so quickly I wonder if it would have been better if the likes of Atilla and Samrah had shown some diligance and checked exactly what Dick Tights credentials were in being able to run the club and what exactly was his financial status.
It seems over the last 10 years the same old mistakes keep on being made and shows the potless pillock does not possess the ability to run a football club , appoint someone to run a football club or have the slightest idea on how to finance the building of a new ground if planning approval is ever given. I wonder what people would think if Falmer gets the go ahead and it turns out we end up playing with 4 temporary stands and a portakabin dressing room as these so called grants and loans don't come to fruition ?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Ernest said:
I wonder instead of jumping into bed with Dick Tight quite so quickly I wonder if it would have been better if the likes of Atilla and Samrah had shown some diligance and checked exactly what Dick Tights credentials were in being able to run the club and what exactly was his financial status.
It seems over the last 10 years the same old mistakes keep on being made and shows the potless pillock does not possess the ability to run a football club , appoint someone to run a football club or have the slightest idea on how to finance the building of a new ground if planning approval is ever given. I wonder what people would think if Falmer gets the go ahead and it turns out we end up playing with 4 temporary stands and a portakabin dressing room as these so called grants and loans don't come to fruition ?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Sock it to the lickers Lord :bowdown: :bowdown:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
NMH said:
Between Naylor and Knight, I think I know which one can be credited for the remaining existence of BHAFC.
Call me a 'licker' if you like (you who are complete WANKERS anyway), but there's only one worthy of praise even if/when he struggles to meet all YOUR requirements.

:tosser:

Some of these moaning turds on here should f**k off and support some team that deserves them.

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: What a wanker you are

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ernest said:

The very fact that the 'amateur' still has us up and running after 10 years, winning three lots of silverware on the way shows he hasn't made such a bad job of it, on the whole.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Ernest, ten years ago did we even think we would have a club to go and see? So here we are ten years on yoyoing around not knowing what division we will be in .We have had some good days out bad days to but that makes us who we are and we beat palace .I'm not for or against anything or anyone but we still have our head above water breathing just so in my book Dicks done ok .

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
seagurn said:
Ernest, ten years ago did we even think we would have a club to go and see? So here we are ten years on yoyoing around not knowing what division we will be in .We have had some good days out bad days to but that makes us who we are and we beat palace .I'm not for or against anything or anyone but we still have our head above water breathing just so in my book Dicks done ok .

All I'm saying is that some people were far too quick to jump in with Dick Tight instead of checking his credentials first.
An understandable mistake I will admit as anyone would have been better after Bellotti and Archer but still a big mistake and one we are still paying for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here