Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ernest said:
I wonder instead of jumping into bed with Dick Tight quite so quickly I wonder if it would have been better if the likes of Atilla and Samrah had shown some diligance and checked exactly what Dick Tights credentials were in being able to run the club and what exactly was his financial status.

This was my view exactly when I was hounded out of the 'meeting' at Southwick FC but time has shown that we are still inexistence, whether or not that would have been so or better with somebody else is now past history and speculation.

What I think he did wrong was to state on Harty show that we were going for promotion and then mention the budget he would have done better to have just said " as always we shall be looking towards promtion" and left it at that.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Ernest said:
I would rather have had a new ground 5 years ago than some tin pot cups.

I think we all would of, but thats not anyone but Lewes D.Cs fault. So its been a funny old journey and all the time we are in existance its one over archer and bellotti and LDC

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Harty said:
"I think he's got it!":clap:

:D

I think my 10th game or so was the sit in vs Southend in '92 - all very exciting for an 11 year old!

I am so proud of the fans for what each and everyone did. They were torrid times, but I look back with fondness. I guess it didn't seem so serious to a young(ish) teenager.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's no wonder that we have a tight budget if we've been paying Mayo over £90K a year! It beggars belief.

:angry:

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
BensGrandad said:
This was my view exactly when I was hounded out of the 'meeting' at Southwick FC but time has shown that we are still inexistence, whether or not that would have been so or better with somebody else is now past history and speculation.

What I think he did wrong was to state on Harty show that we were going for promotion and then mention the budget he would have done better to have just said " as always we shall be looking towards promtion" and left it at that.

But that is Dick Tight and has been from the very start , create a false level of expectation and always fail to deliver.
Be it the £2million for team strenghtening , failure to deliver a new ground, lists and lists of players he failed to sign etc.
Sometimes if he said nowt instead of raising false hope and expectation it would be so better.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ernest said:
I would rather have had a new ground 5 years ago than some tin pot cups.

So would we all but that isn't Dick's fault. That is fairly and squarely the fault of the councillors in Lewes and their posh friends in Falmer.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yorkie said:
So would we all but that isn't Dick's fault. That is fairly and squarely the fault of the councillors in Lewes and their posh friends in Falmer.

yes it is!

darlkington didnt have this problem

and peopl keep well vclear of memtioning b;lackpool when perry is around

oops winbe rtook over there...it wasnt his fault#

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dave the Gaffer said:
yes it is!

darlkington didnt have this problem

and peopl keep well vclear of memtioning b;lackpool when perry is around

oops winbe rtook over there...it wasnt his fault#

Go to bed you drunken old fool :jester:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The whole point of this thread is this why does the chairman for once just keep his mouth shut.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
kestrel said:
The whole point of this thread is this why does the chairman for once just keep his mouth shut.

Because the fans moan if we aren't told what is going on.
Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
kestrel said:

Does or doesn't?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
What i can't understand is why people on this thread blame Dick Knight for the fact that we still haven't got a ground. We got back to Brighton, we found a site, we put in a planning permission, it got (finally) approved and has been held up by the machinations of Lewes DC.

Please can those of you criticising DK on this point tell me how someone else would have found a different site - given the exhaustive searches which went on - and made it happen by now.

I just don't belive it would have been feasible because of the Downland landscape around Brighton and the lack of any other available (and financially feasible) sites in the built up area. Comparisons with Darlington/Doncaster/Blackpool are completely spurious.Even somebody with 6 trillion pounds can't change the facts of Geography !!!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Barrel of Fun said:
I assume some of it has been swallowed by Savage. Is the rest not still there? I guess we will have to wait and see what the summer brings.

I would personally like Savage not to sign up for us next season cause i think this particular horse has now bolted

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I've decided not to get wound up about threads like this. All they do is convince me further that some people suffer selective recall and are blind or impervious to the plain honest truth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here