Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I find it quite incredible that people can have a go at someone who has done so much for BHA .

He's employed some great managers, had some success (Championship), titles, still in a reasonable league position, and we're close to the finish line in regards to Falmer.

FFS, applaud the bloke. OR, if you know a man who's better than this and prepared to throw their money into a blackhole, then perhaps Dick'll move aside. But I doubt even Roman Abromovich would.

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
Finances is not a problem exclusive to Brighton. It begins with the mega money thrown at clubs in the Premier by the likes of Sky TV. The Championship is full of wannabes all churning in millions in search of the promised land. The classic example is Leeds, if you fail you are in the shit. I think Dick should be past his sell by date, but face the fact, there's no-one else around who will invest the sort of money we need. Until that happens we should support him, not knock him.
P.S. I am not an arse licker, just a realist.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Big Jim said:
I find it quite incredible that people can have a go at someone who has done so much for BHA .

He's employed some great managers, had some success (Championship), titles, still in a reasonable league position, and we're close to the finish line in regards to Falmer.

FFS, applaud the bloke. OR, if you know a man who's better than this and prepared to throw their money into a blackhole, then perhaps Dick'll move aside. But I doubt even Roman Abromovich would.
You can applaud his shite,but many won't.

Your opinion is welcome of course:)

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
sir albion said:
You can applaud his shite,but many won't.

Your opinion is welcome of course:)

I just simply point at the managers he's appointed for starters.

Steve Coppell - Premiership Manager
Peter Taylor - England Potential Manager, also did under 21's
Mark McGhee - Wolves, etc.
Micky Adams - Managed in Premiership
Brian Horton - Managed in Premiership with Man City.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
sir albion said:
....You have your opinion and so do i.....

People need to open there eyes for once???

Indeed. Although I think you are being unfair on Dick and the board.

My eyes are open and I have seen how close our club is to extinction because of the actions of the previous board and LDC. I don't see how you can blame the board for our current position. The money is not there to have us playing consistently at a higher level and no-one is getting rich out of this saga, apart from consultants and lawywers.

Ce sera.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Seagullible said:
'if we had a board with more money...' we don't - accept it. if you have proof of a potential board with more money then fine but in my opinion, you've lost your arguement there
Let me see mmmmmmm ???
The board don't have a pot to piss in,we are millions in debt and looking at that it wouldn't take much to get a better board.??? Its all good being a fan but thats not enough to run a football club is it????

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Barrel of Fun said:

I just hope Dick and board are a bit thicker skinned than I, If I were Dick reading some of the stuff I read on here, I'd be tempted to say stick it. You try and do your best and .....

It's a bit like why Noel Gallacher didn't want to be on the board of
Man City. He knew what ever he did, people would still have a go at him. Even so, I think Dick is an absolute god and at least some of the Falmer stadium should be named after him.

Dick Knight :bowdown:

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
sir albion said:
Let me see mmmmmmm ???
The board don't have a pot to piss in,we are millions in debt and looking at that it wouldn't take much to get a better board.??? Its all good being a fan but thats not enough to run a football club is it????

but you still don't point out an alternative, if you do, name it if not, try and work with what we have, maybe constructive critisism that the board can respond to would help. saying I don't believe you is not helpful

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Barrel of Fun said:

My eyes are open and I have seen how close our club is to extinction because of the actions of the previous board and LDC. I don't see how you can blame the board for our current position. The money is not there to have us playing consistently at a higher level and no-one is getting rich out of this saga, apart from consultants and lawywers.

Ce sera.
I have seen it too,dick has clobbered as much debt than bellottie and co.You have ambitious fans and not so ambitious fans.

Over priced tickets
can't attract half decent players
made roughly 5 million+ in players and compensations and cup games.

Homeless still after 10 years

constant begging for money

:yawn:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
NMH said:
Has naylor EVER been a particular 'friend to the club'?

Time his true colours were shown for what they are, in our LOCAL paper, about our LOCAL league club.

Why on earth should a journalist have an affiliation for the local club?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sir albion said:
Let me see mmmmmmm ???

You still get them to bite don't you?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
sir albion said:
I have seen it too,dick has clobbered as much debt than bellottie and co.You have ambitious fans and not so ambitious fans.

Over priced tickets

Clobbered as much debt? Maybe something to do with the fact we have very little assets and we are homeless.

Archer and Stanley had the money to invest, but decided not to do so whilst stripping the team of their most vital asset.

Apart from that, fantastic comparison, Einstein.

Between Naylor and Knight, I think I know which one can be credited for the remaining existence of BHAFC.
Call me a 'licker' if you like (you who are complete WANKERS anyway), but there's only one worthy of praise even if/when he struggles to meet all YOUR requirements.

:tosser:

Some of these moaning turds on here should f**k off and support some team that deserves them.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BOF

sir albion loves a wind up. He does it every few weeks without fail and always gets a response.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
sir albion said:

Over priced tickets

I wonder how old you are? Do you remember pre-Knight?

Also, the club make a loss even if Withdean is full, does this begin to explain the problems with money?

If you were a pro player would you play for a club in Brightons position? I wouldn't (apart from local ties, etc). Once Falmer happens, etc, etc. things will be different, players will want to play in a stadium.

The 10 years problem with Falmer, Hasn't Dick done everything possible? I think he has. However, I know plenty of people (including my MP) who disagree with Falmer, so it's the responsibility of all of us to educate these people. So it's also our fault chaps!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yorkie said:
BOF

sir albion loves a wind up. He does it every few weeks without fail and always gets a response.

I know, but I will argue out of principle - maybe it will make a few doubters see the light...? OR push my post count to infinity and beyond!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here