Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT you are slimey for what you've done

roumy

Jun 16, 2006
worthing
its a business, its not about being nice to people.

next your be calling for us to give hart, mayo and butters new contracts just because they were loyal

GET OVER IT . THIS WILL PUT 2000 MORE BUMS ON SEATS . WE ARE GOING UP KEEP THE FAITH EVERYONE ...............:drink::drink::drink:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well I disagree. While no doubt the first post was harsh, it was written just after I found out, and its pain to see I was shocked. I know that Dick Knight inferers with the team, particually transfers, so fail to understand why he did what he did. I fail to understand how you can release half your squad, and then remove the man who you got to do it.

No one, apart from the clowns on here, will disagree that we finished far higher than anyone thought we would. So I see no need for a change, unles theres other reasons behind it. For Dick to say he wants an experienced man, means either

a) he got it wrong appointing Wilkins

b) he had no ambition to get promoted this year

He may have appointed DW but the decison was down to the Blooms'. end of.

reading between the lines it would appear that DW was having problems in the dressingroom and maybe this prompted the move. I don't believe that is was done a in rush simpy becuase the contract negociations would take a while.

Of course he interfers with transferes, he has to as he is held to account by the rest of the board, remeber he isn't and never was the money bags on the board, he was the glue that held them together. The days of managers having the final say on transfers is long gone, take keegan for instance going with his begging bowl to his chairman, or Wenger's strop a few years back when the he couldn't by a couple of players. or how about Benitez. It simply doesn't hapen anymore, mind you I'm not sure that it ever did if half the stories about Bamber are true. For instance, Maybank turning up at the goldstone was the first anyone heard of his transfer.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Yes, the cumulative losses of the club since DK has taken over are in the region of £15million in ten years. The estimated breakeven for Falmer at 2003 prices was 12,000, and that was before an estimated 60% rise in raw material costs, and changes in building regulations that will further increase construction costs.

The Albion have not averaged 12,000 attendances since the 1980's, going to watch the club in an alien activity for a whole generation, who have become armchair fans of plastic Premiership brands. So realistically breakeven would now be in the region of attendances of 15,000 , two and a half times our present level.

All of this is ignoring the higher interest costs that will be imposed as a result of the credit crunch.

I have backed up my response to your allegation.

You have stated that you cannot find the time to put together the numbers, so how did you reach your initial conclusion that he was sitting on a goldmine, unless of course you were spouting ignorant, clueless rubbish?
If the club plays its card right, and providing we cement ourselves in the middle reaches of the Championship in the next three years, gates of 12000 will be reached every week, easily. Fans will come flooding back, and if we push for promotion out of the championship, the ground will easily get 20000 a week. The supporters are out there, the club just need to attract them back, but all the time we're at Withdean, people are not going to pay Premiership prices to watch 1st Division football in Conference Stadia.

I dont think you can use the since the 80's argument. Gates were low everywhere, its only since the mid 90s that gates have grown,and since the back end of the goldstone days, Brighton fans have been asked to pay big bucks to sit in crap stadiums. Falmer will be a fresh of breath air, and as long as the team is in the right position, gates of 20,000 will be obtainable. I know far more people who have said they WANT, not will, want to watch the Albion, but won pay over the odds to go to Withdean, then I know people who go to Withdean. Say what you want about there attidude, but these fans will flood back when Falmer opens. We'll never be a top premier team for years, but I can see us getting there within 4 or 5 years max, albeit in a yo-yo role, and the 30 mil we get from that will help pay for the stadium. If we do reach it, and Dick's still in charge, he won't pay out big wages to keep us there. HE'll use it to set the club up for the years to come, and fair play to him. If we dont reach the Premiership, abiet for a seaon at a time, then probably he wont be sitting on a goldmine, but I think that's the plan. I think he'll walk away from this club far richer than when he come here. He'll also walk away from this club, leaving it in a million times better state when he got here (although if he bury's a quid on the pitch he;'d have done that!!!)

Dick Knight is a shrowed business man, and he's not in the position he's in by chance. Before last night, I would defend him to everyone, but if sacking Wilkins from the manager job has been made on a purely football reason, then I stand by what I say (okay maybe drop a few of the c's) but I think he has totally been a snake on this one.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Are you going to retract your allegations about DK in the abscence of any evidence to back them up?
If the club plays its cards right, and providing we cement ourselves in the middle reaches of the Championship in the next three years, gates of 12000 will be reached every week, easily. Fans will come flooding back, and if we push for promotion out of the championship, the ground will easily get 20000 a week. The supporters are out there, the club just need to attract them back, but all the time we're at Withdean, people are not going to pay Premiership prices to watch 1st Division football in Conference Stadia.

I dont think you can use the since the 80's argument. Gates were low everywhere, its only since the mid 90s that gates have grown,and since the back end of the goldstone days, Brighton fans have been asked to pay big bucks to sit in crap stadiums. Falmer will be a fresh of breath air, and as long as the team is in the right position, gates of 20,000 will be obtainable. I know far more people who have said they WANT, not will, want to watch the Albion, but won pay over the odds to go to Withdean, then I know people who go to Withdean. Say what you want about there attidude, but these fans will flood back when Falmer opens. We'll never be a top premier team for years, but I can see us getting there within 4 or 5 years max, albeit in a yo-yo role, and the 30 mil we get from that will help pay for the stadium. If we do reach it, and Dick's still in charge, he won't pay out big wages to keep us there. HE'll use it to set the club up for the years to come, and fair play to him. If we dont reach the Premiership, abiet for a seaon at a time, then probably he wont be sitting on a goldmine, but I think that's the plan. I think he'll walk away from this club far richer than when he come here. He'll also walk away from this club, leaving it in a million times better state when he got here (although if he bury's a quid on the pitch he;'d have done that!!!)

Dick Knight is a shrowed business man, and he's not in the position he's in by chance. Before last night, I would defend him to everyone, but if sacking Wilkins from the manager job has been made on a purely football reason, then I stand by what I say (okay maybe drop a few of the c's) but I think he has totally been a snake on this one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would love you to be right Mr B, but it is pure speculation on your part. Leicester average 20,000+ a week, have a new stadium, as do Southampton and Coventry, and look at them last season.

D

Deleted member 2719

If i had been near my pc when i had heard this news i would have been posting exactly the same.

Knight has made me maddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I would love you to be right Mr B, but it is pure speculation on your part. Leicester average 20,000+ a week, have a new stadium, as do Southampton and Coventry, and look at them last season.
So do I!! One thing Dick has going for him, is he won't overspend like those clubs you mentioned did, and I'm sure if we smelt Prem footie even for one season, most of the money gained would go into the club rather than players. WHich is a good thing in my opinion, but it will still make the club a goldmine.

I'm not for one second having a go at him if he does walk away rich, and I think he will. I said from day one, I dont care how much someone makes out of the club, if they give us a great club to support. Obviosuly the last lot wanted to get rich, and f*** us over, I'm not suggesting Dick's doing that, far from it, but I honesly believe he'll get rich out of it, but at the same time leave us as a club rich as well.

I still think he's a total and utter do da for what he done yesterday, and hope it doesn't come back to haunt. But I if I had to lay money on it, I would say he'll be regretting it come this time next year, but I'll support Mickey and hope he proves me wrong.

Benedict57

May 6, 2008
Hi Guys,Just joined the other night and this a suitable topic 2 pick up on.Basicaly the Idea is 2 put the bums back on the seat's I jknow Dean is a legend in his own right but cmon we did lose adly 2 Port Vale,and that was the pits Lets face it,it's a great appointment,it could have been Peter Taylor agian!!

Anyone got 25 million 2 spend:)

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Hi Guys,Just joined the other night and this a suitable topic 2 pick up on.Basicaly the Idea is 2 put the bums back on the seat's I jknow Dean is a legend in his own right but cmon we did lose adly 2 Port Vale,and that was the pits Lets face it,it's a great appointment,it could have been Peter Taylor agian!!

Excuse me but we prefer proper English on here. Innit.

But welcome anyway

Sillwood

Save the West Pier
Jul 19, 2007
Lewes District
It took ages to plough through all the postings up to here. Was it worth it? At least this new guy keeps it simple and talks sense, even if not in the Queen's English!

Finally that nasty Mr Burns has toned down his rubbish. It was painful reading. How can one be so wrong about Dick Knight if you've been a supporter for any length of time? The money Wilkins has had/will get should help the wounded pride. More fans looking forward to next season must be good for all.

D

Deleted User X18H

Simple is it.

After he left the Albion, explain how you can rate Micky Adams as half decent?

He's been sacked everywhere he's gone. He done well here with one of the biggest budgets in the division, but what the f*** hass he done since then.

He better hit the floor running, 'cause if he don't, many Albion fans love affair and his god status will come crashing down around him.
:bounce: naughty sorry JD!!!!!!!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Spot on US. I really would advise the mods to think about allowing these thread titles. There's going to be alot of humble pie eaten by a fair few people over the coming weeks. People need to wind their ill-informed necks in and shut the f*** up until they know the all the facts.

This one's my favourite

Danny Wilson

Mar 12, 2009
Yes and it was all posted before all the events at Lewes FC this season.
If you want to know why Albion have become a pariah in some people's eyes, then ask yourself what a non-partisan bystander would think has been going on to effectively "cap" Lewes this season.
It would serve Dick Knight right if Crawley were to get promoted this season; they might wel take quite a few fans from the Albion hinterland, (and Palace's come to that).

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Spot on. And the reason for that? Because he's a PROPER football manager, a professional who takes pride in his work. He won't stand for some of the shit our players have served up in the last few years. I can only imagine him looking at some of the cocky kids like Cox and booting him out of the club within weeks. Welcome home, Micky. You've been missed.

Instead we got lots of hugs and had Hart & Mayo booted back IN! He's quite right about not standing though - he hardly ever left his seat in the dugout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here