Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dick Knight stripped of BHAFC presidency for 10 games

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
But he didn't. He was egged on by some goon who, after the Albion staff were heard to tell the turnstile staff to just let him in( his replacement ticket didn't work) he shouted a few random comments in the air directed at no one.

Old person gets frustrated at system. No big deal and remember, he was only using the ticket he had been given because Tony has a little disagreement with the Brentford chairman and refused seats in the directors box.

All DK did wrong was support his Chairman.
Have you not seen Dick Knight in the away end at other games? He's always in with us, nothing to do with it being Brentford.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
With no planning permission secured, Bloom put in the number I said.

With planning permission he obviously started pumping in £10m’s almost straight away.

The original quoted bunch (including TB/RB) literally saved the club, it would’ve been liquidated. Restarting in Tier Oblivion with zero assets and no ground. They also gained planning permission against all odds. The anti-Albion sentiment in local powers-that-be went beyond Norman Baker, LDC, Falmer PC and The Society of Sussex Downsmen.

We owe Knight and the others so much.
I can't believe this needs to be said!! 20 years is a long time.

Perhaps we need to introduce a training program for new fans to be completed before they join us 🤣

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Here are the facts.

At the 30 June 2007 company accounts, total funds to date injected by generous folk amounted to £6.8m.

I pick that snapshot because Hazel Blears gave a planning permission a little later on. Tony Bloom had largely kept his powder dry.

The £6.8m breaks down as follows:

Knight £1.6m
William Brown £1.1m
Tony Bloom £0.8m
Norman Cook £0.75m
Kevin Griffiths £0.58m
Ray Bloom £0.5m
Friday Ad £0.5m
Chapman £0.46m
+ smaller shareholders

It’s all disclosed in the 31 August 2007 statutory annual return.
As I understand it Billy Brown is now dead, Kevin Griffiths went bust but everyone else still has their money in the club in shares but because of the ongoing losses dividends are never paid out, and until such times as Tony were to sell the club the shares are virtually worthless, they can only be bought by other existing shareholders and there’s no reason for Tony to own any more.

Returning to the incident at Brentford, the real villain of the piece as previously said is the c*** who filmed it.

Once that went on line the club were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t, the days of Greg Stanley smashing a shop window at Doncaster 35 years ago and getting away ‘Scot free’ are a world away.

Dick is a man of honour and will take his ‘punishment’, it’s just a shame that at 84, and with legendary status, he’s fallen foul of the wicked world of social media.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spot on. Did he really plough his own personal wealth into the club? Is this recorded somewhere? I recall him raising money to help save the club.
Regardless, what happened then cannot be used to justify rude and abusive behaviour to anyone (except Archer, Stanley and Belotti)
Yes. All on public record.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Paul barber out out out
I still rember what dick knight did for this club and will always rember that
What if it was Tony's decision?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Rather sad all round, sad the tickets did not work, sad that Sir Dick Knight lost his cool, like a drunken cockney pleading to a bouncer to let him in to a club, sad some gimp decided to film it, and post it all over social media, sad the club have reacted over the top.
Not only post it online but lie about the reason it all blew up, ie that it was a technology issue and not the new ID checking system.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Returning to the incident at Brentford, the real villain of the piece as previously said is the c*** who filmed it.

Once that went on line the club were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t

Dick is a man of honour and will take his ‘punishment’, it’s just a shame that at 84, and with legendary status, he’s fallen foul of the wicked world of social media.
I see your point, but I totally disagree that the club were damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

If the club DIDN'T, then this "story" would already have sank without trace. But they DID - and so here we are, with him banished for 10 games. Now we have some goons on here saying "well, what did DK ever REALLY do for us ? How much did he personally put in blah blah", and fully endorsing this man be banished for a chunk of the season. This BHAFC legend - who already has a bar named after him and should probably have a stand or statue at the Amex. - banned.

Its not DK who has fallen foul of the wicked world of social media. Its the prick at BHAFC who, off the back of this minor incident, decided to ban the bloke who effectively ensured there was a job there for him in the first place.

Its woke bollocks. Yes, WOKE. Throw all the gammon at me that you like. (I don't mean you Harty)

I see your point, but I totally disagree that the club were damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

If the club DIDN'T, then this "story" would already have sank without trace. But they DID - and so here we are, with him banished for 10 games. Now we have some goons on here saying "well, what did DK ever REALLY do for us ? How much did he personally put in blah blah", and fully endorsing this man be banished for a chunk of the season. This BHAFC legend - who already has a bar named after him and should probably have a stand or statue at the Amex. - banned.

Its not DK who has fallen foul of the wicked world of social media. Its the prick at BHAFC who, off the back of this minor incident, decided to ban the bloke who effectively ensured there was a job there for him in the first place.

Its woke bollocks. Yes, WOKE. Throw all the gammon at me that you like. (I don't mean you Harty)
Usually hate that word. But yes. It is. You can’t say boo to a goose at BHAFC anymore.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sorry, but banning the saviour of BHAFC over a petty inconsequential incident with a ticket that wouldn't scan is a f***ing DISGRACE. Absolutely shameful by the club. I'm quite disgusted by this.

Shameful.
This. I don't want the club run in this way. If Barber is going to pull stunts like this after the name on ticket crap then he can f*** off.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The impression of the last few years is that the Albion appear to see Dick Knight as an embarassment and one they'd rather went away. Very sad really and I lose a bit of love for the club because of it, regardless of the who's right and who's wrong or DKs actions, attitudes or bitterness as an older man now in his mid 80s (ffs).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The impression of the last few years is that the Albion appear to see Dick Knight as an embarassment and one they'd rather went away. Very sad really and I lose a bit of love for the club because of it, regardless of the who's right and who's wrong or DKs actions, attitudes or bitterness as an older man now in his mid 80s (ffs).
There could be some truth in your first sentence.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Ok. I think my point was that the Albion team helped him gain entrance to the match.- hence good customer service. (Whatever the details)
DK isn’t a ‘ customer ‘ of BHA. The term customer sickens me when used to describe football fans is it good customer service for some agency steward to rifle through your personal wallet because you want to see your team play a game of football? I have no evidence although it’s fishy Chelsea fans wallets didn’t get searched according to a Chelsea fan I know who went so it’s not hard to guess who’s idea that was.
Not a very nice way to treat your so called customers is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here