Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dick Knight stripped of BHAFC presidency for 10 games

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spot on. Did he really plough his own personal wealth into the club? Is this recorded somewhere? I recall him raising money to help save the club.
Regardless, what happened then cannot be used to justify rude and abusive behaviour to anyone (except Archer, Stanley and Belotti)
He put a consortium together that wrested control of the club when it was on its arse, from the men who were murdering it. He brought the club back from the oblivion of Gillingham, and then stayed the course throughout a TORTUOUS planning application process over 11 years to finally deliver the planning permission for the spectacular stadium we (including you) now call home.

A few years later, he got the hump at some staff at Brentford because his valid ticket would not scan.

Yeah. BAN HIM. 10 games at least. PUNISH HIM.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Such hypocrisy, just remember that next time you want to abuse a ref or a palarse player.. or in your case when the 1901 food and service isn't quite up to Restaurant Interlude.
I can’t say I ever feel inclined “to abuse a ref or a palarse player” or criticize the service at the ground.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Is that the book where he criticised Bloom, tried to sell his shares then complained when the Club shop refused to sell his book?

(Ps - I may have mis read the term “personal wealth” to mean it was his entire wealth)
That is not what you said, typical newbie corporate fan.

He kept the club going at Withdean, he saved the Albion twice and he had honour. No pretendance for him. Withdean gates were recorded as actual attendance not ticket sales.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

He kept the club going at Withdean, he saved the Albion twice and he had honour. No pretendance for him. Withdean gates were recorded as actual attendance not ticket sales.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

He didn’t really did he. Chapman, Bloom snr & jnr, and other wealthy donors financially kept us going at Withdean. Dick also put in substantial amounts but certainly not the most, I recall Bloom putting £4M I think it was without even being a director. And second half of Withdean era I don’t recall much of his own. But at Gillingham and a few smaller loans at Withdean certainly helped yes.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

First you call me a club stooge, now a typical newbie corporate fan. Then you go on to mention the EPL requirement to record ticket sales. Do you realise that we were not in the EPL when we were at Withdean?
You are not making a lot of sense at this late hour

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm frankly astonished at some of the posters on this thread belittling and diminishing just what Dick Knight did for this club in its darkest hour, and all across the Gory Years of Gillingham and Withdean. A lifelong fan who stepped in when the club was on life support, and led the way to where we are now. No, he didn't do it all on his own, but he was the figurehead and driving force when BHAFC was absolutely on its arse.

Now here we are, in 2022, he must be punished for getting the hump about his ticket not scanning at an away game.

Incredible.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I'm frankly astonished at some of the posters on this thread belittling and diminishing just what Dick Knight did for this club in its darkest hour, and all across the Gory Years of Gillingham and Withdean. A lifelong fan who stepped in when the club was on life support, and led the way to where we are now. No, he didn't do it all on his own, but he was the figurehead and driving force when BHAFC was absolutely on his arse.

Now here we are, in 2022, he must be punished for getting the hump about his ticket not scanning. at an away game.

Incredible.
I couldn’t agree more and was thinking exactly the same!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm frankly astonished at some of the posters on this thread belittling and diminishing just what Dick Knight did for this club in its darkest hour, and all across the Gory Years of Gillingham and Withdean. A lifelong fan who stepped in when the club was on life support, and led the way to where we are now. No, he didn't do it all on his own, but he was the figurehead and driving force when BHAFC was absolutely on his arse.

Now here we are, in 2022, he must be punished for getting the hump about his ticket not scanning. at an away game.

Incredible.
I don’t think anyone is disputing your first para.

What we are saying is that he can’t hide behind that when acting in the way he accepts he did at Brentford. Nor can the club turn a blind eye to it.

Given his statement it would appear that more happened than we saw in the clip.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why wasn’t he going in to the posh bit ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would like our current bunch of players, coach and CEO to show the same passion as Dick. It wasn't that bad.

He did so much for the club.
Did you not watch the game ? RDZ was getting stuck in to Franks over the Veltman incident

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don’t think anyone is disputing your first para.

What we are saying is that he can’t hide behind that when acting in the way he accepts he did at Brentford. Nor can the club turn a blind eye to it.

Given his statement it would appear that more happened than we saw in the clip.
Like I say. 2022.

:facepalm:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Such hypocrisy, just remember that next time you want to abuse a ref or a palarse player.. or in your case when the 1901 food and service isn't quite up to Restaurant Interlude.
Abusing the opposition players is absolutely not the same as having a go at the poor sods who have to work on the gate or behind the bar at a football ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here