Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dick Knight stripped of BHAFC presidency for 10 games

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Here's the supporters charter. I'd say his behaviour falls into Category 2g which is minimum 5 match ban, and/or even Category 4g which is a minimum 1 year ban.

Taking into account his position I cannot see how the club could not take any action if they expect the rest of us to behave better than that.
SupportersCharter.PNG

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Here's the supporters charter. I'd say his behaviour falls into Category 2g which is minimum 5 match ban, and/or even Category 4g which is a minimum 1 year ban.

Taking into account his position I cannot see how the club could not take any action if they expect the rest of us to behave better than that.
View attachment 152977
Exactly - especially as he’s representing the club on comp tickets …

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

View attachment 152977
Oooo drinking in the stand is a warning. Not bad. Makes it tempting.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A 10 game ban means he will not be at an Albion match now till 4th Feb. I appreciate he's retired now, but a 4 month holiday to the Maldives would seem rather lengthy. So I think we can disregard the "he's going on holiday anyway" theory.

There could easily have been a simple behind closed doors discussion about it, resulting in a "just wind your neck in a bit, old boy". But no. Its all gone public, and I do not believe that would have been at DK's behest. He's embarrassed by the whole thing, and the club have only made it worse.
You maybe right, but once that is out there, you either ignore it and hope some press hack doesn't pick up on it and sticks it on the Sun website or something, or you handle it. You believe the club has overracted, I think they've probably had a responsible discussion between them and agreed it. With the FA Cup, I think he'll be back for January. He's not been afraid to speak his mind before, so kind of need to take his statement at face value I think, maybe he thought it was appropriate and suggested it - just don't know do we.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolutely ridiculous.
He used his own personal wealth to save the club long before Barber came on the scene.
Its embarrassing.
You mean Bloom not Barber

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely ridiculous.
He used his own personal wealth to save the club long before Barber came on the scene.
Its embarrassing.
This doesn’t give you carte blanch to behave how you want at a game and be rude and abusive.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
This doesn’t give you carte blanch to behave how you want at a game and be rude and abusive.DK’s actions myself
This doesn’t give you carte blanch to behave how you want at a game and be rude and abusive.
Not endorsing DK’s actions myself, rather more disappointed in the clubs reaction to it. Legend is an over used word but not in this case!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
All of it. Could have been written by any club
Spot on. Did he really plough his own personal wealth into the club? Is this recorded somewhere? I recall him raising money to help save the club.
Regardless, what happened then cannot be used to justify rude and abusive behaviour to anyone (except Archer, Stanley and Belotti)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You maybe right, but once that is out there, you either ignore it and hope some press hack doesn't pick up on it and sticks it on the Sun website or something, or you handle it. You believe the club has overracted, I think they've probably had a responsible discussion between them and agreed it. With the FA Cup, I think he'll be back for January. He's not been afraid to speak his mind before, so kind of need to take his statement at face value I think, maybe he thought it was appropriate and suggested it - just don't know do we.
It was 'out there' last week, and wasn't deemed newsworthy enough to last beyond that. I certainly didn't see it getting picked up by any of the Nationals. "Cranky old man gets the hump at staff after ticket wouldn't scan" would barely make the pages of the Sussex Express, let alone the "Sidebar of Shame" on the Daily M**l website. Its an absolute nothing incident that has been blown up out of all proportion, and I really cannot fathom why the club would do this. Its not like he THUMPED someone, is it.

It could all have been handled so differently, without publically disgracing the clubs Life President. Had he felt moved to do so, Dick could simply have written to Brentford FC to apologise to any staff who were upset by his behaviour. But no, this is 2022, and therefore there MUST be public humiliation for any minor indiscretion that might have occurred.

Its pathetic.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Spot on. Did he really plough his own personal wealth into the club? Is this recorded somewhere? I recall him raising money to help save the club.
Regardless, what happened then cannot be used to justify rude and abusive behaviour to anyone (except Archer, Stanley and Belotti)

Even Ian Hart will give DK credit for the actual real cash he put in.

Have you read Mad Man? He details the real cold hard cash, his family's inheritance, he spent on keeping the Albion afloat.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Obviously not but maybe it should...

Wasn't a great move from the bloke, probably not his finest moment, but IMO the ten-match-ban makes the club look worse than him. Incredibly petty - anyone can have a bad day. Just forgive and move on.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was 'out there' last week, and wasn't deemed newsworthy enough to last beyond that. I certainly didn't see it getting picked up by any of the Nationals. "Cranky old man gets the hump at staff after ticket wouldn't scan" would barely make the pages of the Sussex Express, let alone the "Sidebar of Shame" on the Daily M**l website. Its an absolute nothing incident that has been blown up out of all proportion, and I really cannot fathom why the club would do this. Its not like he THUMPED someone, is it.

It could all have been handled so differently, without publically disgracing the clubs Life President. Had he felt moved to do so, Dick could simply have written to Brentford FC to apologise to any staff who were upset by his behaviour. But no, this is 2022, and therefore there MUST be public humiliation for any minor indiscretion that might have occurred.

Its pathetic.
Do you not think it's odd, if Dick hasn't led this that it's his statement rather than the club's and it is very sincere and contrite? If Dick has been marched across hot coals, I honestly can't see him making this statement. Maybe Brentford made a complaint, maybe a member of their staff who he was having a go at? Loads of permutations. As said repeatedly, you could be right, but it's all guess work on our part I think unless someone speaks to Dick or knows all the detail.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Have you read Mad Man? He details the real cold hard cash, his family's inheritance, he spent on keeping the Albion afloat.
Is that the book where he criticised Bloom, tried to sell his shares then complained when the Club shop refused to sell his book?

(Ps - I may have mis read the term “personal wealth” to mean it was his entire wealth)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The other directors bought him out did they not? But that figure was never known.

He pissed off the board because the articles said any shares had to be offered to the other directors first - but he just tried to sell them to fans or whatever it was he wanted to do.

Surely he didn’t just give away all his shares to Bloom & Co

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here