Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dick Knight stripped of BHAFC presidency for 10 games

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I'm struggling to see what he did that could be in any way viewed as a problem by anyone, especially not one that's worthy of a 10 game ban. Got annoyed ticket didn't work. Got annoyed at the implication he may have a fake / may not be who he said he was which is a bit of an indignity whoever you are. Swore in frustration but not at anyone, not about anyone, and not directed at undermining the process of checking tickets. The provocation was all from the goading of whoever filmed it. What's so bad from DK other than using one naughty word in an environment where tens of thousands will sing it (and worse) over and over again?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He's probably seen the fixture list and thought nah FK that I'm off to Benidorm for a couple of months,my profound apologies if the two letters F and K offended anyone.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I see your point, but I totally disagree that the club were damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

If the club DIDN'T, then this "story" would already have sank without trace. But they DID - and so here we are, with him banished for 10 games. Now we have some goons on here saying "well, what did DK ever REALLY do for us ? How much did he personally put in blah blah", and fully endorsing this man be banished for a chunk of the season. This BHAFC legend - who already has a bar named after him and should probably have a stand or statue at the Amex. - banned.

Its not DK who has fallen foul of the wicked world of social media. Its the prick at BHAFC who, off the back of this minor incident, decided to ban the bloke who effectively ensured there was a job there for him in the first place.

Its woke bollocks. Yes, WOKE. Throw all the gammon at me that you like. (I don't mean you Harty)
Easy old boy always on the same page as you my friend, my point about damned if they do etc is this.

What if Harty Jnr is filmed at Wolves behaving the same way, or Attilla, Paul Samrah or John Doe 20 year season ticket holder from Portslade?

The Club can’t have a code of conduct and then make exceptions when it suits, I’m gutted this has happened, and am hopefully meeting up with Dick later as I understand he is devastated, but my Greg Stanley Doncaster analogy is a classic example, a month before in March 1988 if you recall 42 fans had been nicked at Brentford in the most over zealous policing I’ve ever seen at Albion games for 50 years, they all got banned by the club, Stanley didn’t, that was wrong and unfortunately once this got on to social media it was a done deal.

My hope is that with his status and standing some kind of ‘parole’ can be negotiated after the World Cup break and the ban runs until Arsenal at home on NYE?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Easy old boy always on the same page as you my friend, my point about damned if they do etc is this.

What if Harty Jnr is filmed at Wolves behaving the same way, or Attilla, Paul Samrah or John Doe 20 year season ticket holder from Portslade?

The Club can’t have a code of conduct and then make exceptions when it suits, I’m gutted this has happened, and am hopefully meeting up with Dick later as I understand he is devastated, but my Greg Stanley Doncaster analogy is a classic example, a month before in March 1988 if you recall 42 fans had been nicked at Brentford in the most over zealous policing I’ve ever seen at Albion games for 50 years, they all got banned by the club, Stanley didn’t, that was wrong and unfortunately once this got on to social media it was a done deal.

My hope is that with his status and standing some kind of ‘parole’ can be negotiated after the World Cup break and the ban runs until Arsenal at home on NYE?
Seems incredibly heavy handed for a minor misdemeanour (IMO).

Where will it stop, as others have said, you could end up with empty stands if this was applied rigidly.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
DK isn’t a ‘ customer ‘ of BHA. The term customer sickens me when used to describe football fans is it good customer service for some agency steward to rifle through your personal wallet because you want to see your team play a game of football? I have no evidence although it’s fishy Chelsea fans wallets didn’t get searched according to a Chelsea fan I know who went so it’s not hard to guess who’s idea that was.
Not a very nice way to treat your so called customers is it?
my uncle and his group did at the Chelsea game

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Bit overreaction from the club, no?

Yes!

DK should never have been subject to this kind of sanction for his blow-up which was, to me, entirely justified. The BHAFC staff there should have ensuired his entrance immediately. The BHAFC staff were clearly there to deal with problems / issues and they didn't. The "suspension" is an embarrassment for the club. Pettiness in the extreme.

Huge fan and supporter of DK and what he did for our club. Always will be.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
For me, the WHOLE situation sums up how bizarre/stupid life has become. From the filming of the episode and chucking it on social media, to the actions of Dick Knight kicking off and giving it the big 'I Am' (although I do share his frustration) to the whole ticketing/names on ticket thing, to the reaction (apparently/allegedly) of the club to what DK said/did, to the whole debate being dissected on NSC, with people frothing at the gash about something that ultimately – in the grand scheme of the whole world today – doesn't REALLY matter to them.

Absolute (pointless) scenes. IMO, like.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

All the fella did was have a bit of a rant because his ticket wouldn't scan. I wouldn't expect ANY fan to get a 10 match ban for that. Its not like he had someone up by the lapels, or gave anyone a thump.

Sorry, but I've pondered it further and I still feel this is shabby treatment by the club. The punishment in no way fits the crime IMO, and the fact its being so publically done to DK is piss poor treatment. I don't recall other banned fans being publically named and shamed like this. It could all have been handled so differently.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The OP said DK hadn't received good "customer service" from BHAFC staff. So i corrected that because DK had been clear about that n his statement and so had the club. It could just as well have been described as "help" or "support".

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
If this "ban" has been imposed by the club then very sad indeed. I would have been just as frustrated as Dick, the recent changes to away ticketing also compounding frustrations for many.
I read the club statement in disbelief, Dick did no wrong in my eyes.

Reactions: abc

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As a reaction to a minor issue It’s all rather over the top I feel sorry for Mr Knight and the poor verbally abused staff

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm not his age, yet, but had that been me and my ticket not been recognised I'd be a little angry. But then going to the Albion ticket collection point and still not getting much help I'd maybe have blown a fuse. Problem then would be I'd maybe get arrested, thrown out and banned for three years.
So who is exempt from bans? Personally I think he's done the right thing although 5 games would have been acceptable.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There is one thing filming DK and another making it public. Everybody is capable of doing or saying something they regret. He is up with TB for what he has done for this club and doesnt deserve some idiot doing this.
Yep. I'm so glad at the age of 40 that in my younger days most of my time going out drinking and having a good time was in the days before social media and camera phones were everywhere. Just can't understand this mentality to have to photo and video everything. The individual that did this is just a twat.

Not going to go over it again but I really feel for Dick and I think the club have misjudged this. I don't think anyone would have cared at all if they had let this go.

Jul 20, 2003
Sanctimonious from the club.

Don't like this one bit.

And as for the person that posted the clip ... I hope they get a short ban for bringing the club into disrepute, if the club want to be consistent in its/their? priggishness.

In fact ban me for 5 games for defamation while you're at it.

Hashtag Team Dick.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Anyone know who Jordan Jopp is?

STH?

Even an Albion fan?

As previously stated he needs to be censured in some way as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here