Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dick Knight stripped of BHAFC presidency for 10 games

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Well if the club are going to score any goal at the moment, it may as well be an own goal.

Knight is, was and will always be an Albion legend. His halo hasn't been dented in my eyes.

Getting frustrated and venting at the turnstiles is something most fans have experienced. 10 matches?!? For that?!?

Yes, it's not a particularly edifying spectacle, but this is football, not the opera.

If Knight's being sanctioned for salty language, then there should be 20,000 other letters in the post to ST holders.

And the club can send me one while they're at it seeing as they seem keen to dredge up old stuff.

Despite living 3,400 miles away and not attending Amex games, I've done it in the past at the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean.

Admittedly, it wasn't caught on camera phone as there weren't any there. But that shouldn't make any difference.

I even climbed over the wall to get into the Goldstone for the last game. That's got to be worth a season's ban these days.

As others have said, there wouldn't be a story here if the club didn't want there to be one. But they clearly did.

When the club are more concerned about image protection rather than looking after its own, it's a very sad day.

To paraphrase Potter, it seems it's not just the fans that need a history lesson.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He won't be back until Leicester away on 21 January. That's more than twice the length of Liz Truss being PM

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can imagine Dick has been a thorn in their side for a long time. Probably never recovered from his book and the notion of selling his shares to fans when he had to offer them to Bloom and other shareholders first.

However he saved our club and therefore to treat him like this is wrong.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Are you Dick OUT or Dick IN?

We need a POLE :eek:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dick must feel humiliated, that’s not really on considering how hard he fought for our club. What an absurd thing for whoever sanctioned this to do. Seems small minded, overzealous and mean.

This could easily have been sorted out with a quiet chat.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dick must feel humiliated, that’s not really on considering how hard he fought for our club. What an absurd thing for whoever sanctioned this to do. Seems small minded, overzealous and mean.

It's just as well it's in DK's nature to be a bit bolshie, else we wouldn't have a club for him to be suspended from

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Absolutely. No reason at all that this needs to have been done in public. It is hard not to think that it hasn't been done to deliberately humiliate DK.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Was there not a Dick Knight flag in the North stand some time a go? Could it be located for the Chelsea game?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Disgraceful.
Dick has nothing but respect in my book.
Why aren't our club calling out the appalling lack of food at Brentford and the terrible staff attitude shown to our fans there. Quite the worst I have seen in 50 + years. How the fck can you offer no food for nearly 45 mins.
Why were there no ID checks at Brentford, when we were assured there would be. All posted match tickets had names on. All tickets collected at Brentford did not.
Why were there so many empty seats at Brentford ( three in the row in front of me alone ) plus others dotted around the away end. All tickets went on day one of sale.
I spend my life ranting so Dick's behaviour is normal to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here