Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight stadium tribute

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Arthur thinks you can buy planning permission for a stadium in an AONB and completely hoodwink the council over funding, so I wouldn't lend too much weight to his bizarre myopic slants.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
I'm pretty sure you are wrong.

He's not.

Still, he's a hero though - along with Bloom.

Definitely should have something named after them both, hospitality suites is a good idea.

No luck getting a sponsor at this stage, so I would think there's a good chance of naming stands after them as well.

Feb 14, 2010
What about a mural to the War Years somewhere at the new ground with DK, Ian Hart, Attilla and all featuring. Id like to see a DK, TB and MP statue as well as they delivered it together in different ways

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My memory is a little hazy but I am fairly certain that DK was repaid the money he laid out and it had nothing to do with his shares. I am reasonably sure that it was reported on here as being on the annual accounts but am not prepared to stake my life on it.

Feb 14, 2010
My memory is a little hazy but I am fairly certain that DK was repaid the money he laid out and it had nothing to do with his shares. I am reasonably sure that it was reported on here as being on the annual accounts but am not prepared to stake my life on it.

even if so then so what. He led the consortium, negotiated with Archer and put his hand in his pocket in our darkest hour.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
even if so then so what. He led the consortium, negotiated with Archer and put his hand in his pocket in our darkest hour.

Nobody is disputing that. The dispute ,if any is what to do to remember him and I believe that naming a stand after him is inappropriate. Others have said because he gave £1.5m of his own money that should happen I am just stating that he didnt as he had been repaid the money he loaned the club. As I have said I think they should name the approach road after him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Well if it was reported on here then it MUST be fact, obviously.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said I am not 100% certain. I am sure somebody will check the accounts for the past 10 or so years if they are that worried or concerned. Personally I am not and do believe that he should be remembered in some way without going OTT.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
In defence of Arthur, money would probably have speeded things up.Just look at Arsenal,they steamrollered through the nimbys and bulldozed half of north London in double quick time.
However the money wasn't there so DK had to smarm up to lots of unsavoury retards over a very long period of time.FOR THAT REASON ALONE GIVE HIM THE STATUE*.

* The statue doesn't have to be a him striding across the central concourse with his arms in the air,just a dignified nod to his work somewhere to the side.I don't know,perhaps sitting at a desk working, with Mr Bloom standing behind with his hand on his shoulder (overseeing with his cash)

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
There has to be a stand or something named after him, if anything, just to piss off Arthur and BensGrandad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Arsenal were not building in an AONB. Cash might grease the palms in urban planning apps (see the Olympics) but countryside jobbies are another animal

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think a statue is appropriate for Knight, I'd rather that was kept for players and managers (if anyone sticks around long enough to become a club great...). Maybe a stand named after him would be about right.

I'd love to see the Reinelt Bar, though. And the nightclub Wards.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In defence of Arthur, money would probably have speeded things up.Just look at Arsenal,they steamrollered through the nimbys and bulldozed half of north London in double quick time.

Yeah, that's really worked for Liverpool and their new stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here