Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight stadium tribute

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You seem to have forgotten that Dick also put in over £1.5 of his own money just to keep the club afloat.
Yeah that was 1.5 million in 11-12 years???
Who's to say he never recouped that back????

Love in when you ar$se lickers stick up for dick even though facts are he nearly crippled us.Thanks to bloom we got saved big time. FACT

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yeah that was 1.5 million in 11-12 years???
Who's to say he never recouped that back????

Love in when you ar$se lickers stick up for dick even though facts are he nearly crippled us. FACT

He's never had a penny back. You stick to your facts I'll stick with the real ones.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure I read on here at some time that DK had the money he invested repaid. I may be wrong but am fairly certain of it.

This is not intended as a critiscm of DK but I do feel that to name a stand after him is a bit OTT. Remember him in some tangible way but not to name a stand after him. I think that it would be appropriate to name the road leadiing to the stadium after him Dick Knight Way or similar.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Lazy? Try probably under-staffed, over-worked, under-paid and under pressure.

I have no huge love for The Argus, but they don't deserve the levels of criticism or abuse they so often get on here.

I believe you are a journalist? If so, I should have hoped that you could see how dreadful standards at the Argus are. It is a semi-literate rag.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Perhaps you've failed to notice that Dick Knight is longer chairman!

Bloody hell, it's like pulling teeth. You said that we'd never get a new stadium, full stop. You were wrong AGAIN.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Prove we wouldn't have had a club if dick didn't takeover? You can't so stop talking drivel:glare:

Dick brought the club for £1 and had nout to lose and also he racked up huge debts.:facepalm:

Thank god for sir bloom:D

I'm not talking drivel. Spend some time improving your literacy skills before you attempt to re-write history.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Name a burger stand after him or something for bringing us back to Brighton.

No more than that though.

After all it was him holding us back for the last 5 years of his reign. And he continued to employ Martin Perry throughout who once again showed his true colours after his departure turning on him like the turncoat he is.

Agreed. Appreciate everything he did but less of the Saint dick tributes for gawds sake!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm not talking drivel. Spend some time improving your literacy skills before you attempt to re-write history.
Why?i have a wonderful job with wonderful money and lifes wonderful.

Grammar is crap but many who have such great grammar are in KFC earning peanuts:lolol:

so whats your point????

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Regardless on what some of the plebs on here say, DK dragged the club up from almost extinction (when it was clear nobody else was prepared to), took us up to the Championship. Albeit from then on it has been a downward spiral, but that can be part blamed on the stadium, good stamp of players not wanting to play at Withdean, bad decisions (we ALL make bad decisions). The last few years have been a let down, and Im sure DK knows that he has made some mistakes. But do not forget the good times.

In my opinion, YES, something to remember a piece of the clubs history is not too much to ask for. After all, he does deserve our gratitude.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Agreed. Appreciate everything he did but less of the Saint dick tributes for gawds sake!

Who is saying he is a saint?
I don't know the man. Perhaps he is not a pleasant individual but the fact remains that he, and nobody else, came forward in 1997 when the club was on the verge of extinction.
Just as Tony Bloom was the only one to come up with the money when it was needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here