Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Des Lynam irritated by 'Stand up if you hate Palace'

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Nice rant :lolol: No, I wasn't a chelsea supporter, I've been a northstander since I was seven, so wind it in and calm down. Just thought Des deserved some slack, as did several other posters. Btw, yes of course Norman deserves stacks of credit but that doesn't alter the fact that Des' profile, which was far from z list at the time (think he's kinda retired now - might happen to you one day) helped us too. Now how about you take a deep breath, calm down and cheer up? :kiss::amex:

OK OK, apologies! I like Des, and he did do his bit, but we all did to some extent! Not Chelsea? Man U then?! LOL

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Much as I like Des I disagree with him over this. I have no objection to this song whatsoever.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As someone else has said, the song is only really sung when stewards try to get people to sit down (well this was always the case in H Block last season). Des probably doesn't appreciate this from his vantage point in the Withdean north stand/1901 club.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Sure they would but I was responding to the accusation that Des has never bought a ticket to a game.

I did stand corrected on that one bud. But i bet he's had his fare share of freebies in the past too! Back to the OP, I actually agree with him on this. Does anybody remember the banter we used to have with the opposing goalies at the Goldstone? The whole of the North stand would applaud them as they made their way to the goal, sometimes the rather confused keeper would take the bait and applaud back, only for the entire North stand to scream AAAAAGH and give a five knuckle shuffle salute...brilliant...bring it back i say!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What about the beautiful 'who are ya?' chant?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I hate it, and never join in with it. Just seems boring, pointless and unnecessary. Don't see it going away any time soon though. Where I sit in WSU, it seems to be popular

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Des is, of course, spot on. People who wish to censor him are missing the point by a long way. It's a chant with no value except for when playing Palace.

Is it specifically a pro-Brighton chant? No. Does it have any meaning when we're playing, say, Barnsley or Coventry City? No.

I'd rather be positive and sing about my support for Brighton and its players and manager, not be negative and waste my breath on something irrelevant.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I used to quite like ' Ooh Perry Digweed, ooh Perry Digweed, ooh Perry Digweed in the Brighton goal!

Does anybody else remember that mid week game against WBA when he nearly had his balls ripped off? Ouch that was nasty.

Sep 20, 2005
It is POINTLESS at every single game except Palace. The other side's fans don't give a shit, so we're basically just chanting it to ourselves.

I agree, and I dislike it too, but did anybody else hear Bristol City's version of this on Saturday? "Stand up, if you hate The Gas", that being the local name for Bristol Rovers.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Ooh...what about 'Doug is evil, Doug is evil, ello, ello' Remember that one?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Lack of songs? That just isn't true.

We have plenty of songs, the NSK just want to create some kind of stupid 'ultras' type atmosphere and don't sing the old traditional songs that everyone can get involved with.

Problem is that just isn't true. Yes, the NSK does like the Ultras style chants and songs but to claim that we do not sing the traditional ones is simply a lie. The main man in the NSK absolutely loves Brighton Aces and starts it at least four times a game. We are some of very few Brighton fans who sing SBTS with the actual full words and are always singing We Are Brighton. So in summation, yes, we do like european style chants but not at the expense of the traditional ones rather as an addition to our repetoire. Unfortunately NSC truth has it your way so it must be true.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Terrible chant. Should only be used at Palace games. Don't bother standing myself.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

D

Deleted member 18477

it's a crap chant and i never stand up when people chant it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here