Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Des Lynam irritated by 'Stand up if you hate Palace'

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You're right, the lack of songs we have is a bit gash and the ones we do have are.....well a bit gash really.

Lack of songs? That just isn't true.

We have plenty of songs, the NSK just want to create some kind of stupid 'ultras' type atmosphere and don't sing the old traditional songs that everyone can get involved with.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton

We have plenty of songs, the NSK just want to create some kind of stupid 'ultras' type atmosphere and don't sing the old traditional songs that everyone can get involved with.

Sorry worded it wrong. The lack of songs that we have got but don't sing is gash ;)

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
f*** me everyone's bloody miserable on here today. We do hate Palace? If it creates an atmosphere and people join in, why try to kill it? If we try to be elitist about chants, the Amex will turn into a morgue. Des is just too lazy to get off his arse.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
A song I have not head at the Amex and remember from the Golstone days is 'You are my sunshine'.

What others?

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
f*** me everyone's bloody miserable on here today. We do hate Palace? If it creates an atmosphere and people join in, why try to kill it? If we try to be elitist about chants, the Amex will turn into a morgue. Des is just too lazy to get off his arse.

I'm well happy today. Just don't like the chant.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
:dunce: without him you might not have a club to support, so f*** off yourself :albion2:

Complete and utter tosh...he did no more than anyone else. Did he score the goal at Hereford that in all likelyhood kept our club in existence? Do you think that he has ever paid for a ticket for any match he's attended like the rest of us? Did you ever see him partake in any direct action to oust Archer and Bellotti in those dark, dark days like so many of us did? Infact did you? Or were you a Chelsea fan back then? He's NOT the saviour of our football club, so don't put him on a pedestal as if he was, infact i'd say that Norman Cook has done far more to raise the plight of our club than a Z list EX celeb like Des...so with respect sir....you go f*** yourself.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I love Des more than I hate palace.

Nowadays I hate people who support big teams but have no links to them far more than I hate palace. And Liverpool fans

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
If you all hate palace clap your hands
If you all hate palace clap your hands
If you all hate palace all hate palace all hate palace all hate palace clap your hands.

Agree with others 'Stand up if you hate Palace' should only be sung when we playing them.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Maybe they don't know them?

Also, the NSK are a group of about 20 teenagers in the top corner of the stand. Is it only up to them to start songs then? Anyone else is free to do so, if they so desire. The NSK would be pretty easily drowned out if the rest of the stand started singing.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Complete and utter tosh...he did no more than anyone else. Did he score the goal at Hereford that in all likelyhood kept our club in existence? Do you think that he has ever paid for a ticket for any match he's attended like the rest of us? Did you ever see him partake in any direct action to oust Archer and Bellotti in those dark, dark days like so many of us did? Infact did you? Or were you a Chelsea fan back then? He's NOT the saviour of our football club, so don't put him on a pedestal as if he was, infact i'd say that Norman Cook has done far more to raise the plight of our club than a Z list EX celeb like Des...so with respect sir....you go f*** yourself.

He's forked out for two 1901 memberships - does that count?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe they don't know them?

Also, the NSK are a group of about 20 teenagers in the top corner of the stand. Is it only up to them to start songs then? Anyone else is free to do so, if they so desire. The NSK would be pretty easily drowned out if the rest of the stand started singing.

Maybe a move to the North to get these CHILDREN into line is in order. Not easy getting songs going in the WSU. Surely there are people who went into the North for the atmosphere that DO know the songs?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Frankly I think it's an age thing. Does it really matter enough to moan about.

It's a song and it makes some noise. And frankly right now I don't think it's a bad thing that the players are constantly reminded that we badly need to beat the scum on the 31st. It struck me that not enough of them put in a shift last time and they need to sort that out for the next game.

I really fail to see any harm in that song.

What is Des doing to get songs going? Er nothing, I thought so. So until he starts to improve the atmosphere with something else I think he should just shut up to be frank.

But I do like the bloke :)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He's forked out for two 1901 memberships - does that count?

OK, I stand corrected on that one, but our club was saved by ALL of us, not just Des. I respect his views, but lets not make him out to be our 'saviour' because he's not.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the one hand Des has a point. On the other hand the chant does remind JCLs and the players that we do have a rival and we do actually hate them.

The low point of this season was seeing the abject performance by the players vs Palace. If, on the other hand, they hear this chant 30 more times this season maybe the message will get through and they'll realise what the fixture means to the fans.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Nice rant :lolol: No, I wasn't a chelsea supporter, I've been a northstander since I was seven, so wind it in and calm down. Just thought Des deserved some slack, as did several other posters. Btw, yes of course Norman deserves stacks of credit but that doesn't alter the fact that Des' profile, which was far from z list at the time (think he's kinda retired now - might happen to you one day) helped us too. Now how about you take a deep breath, calm down and cheer up? :kiss::amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here