Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Des Lynam irritated by 'Stand up if you hate Palace'

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
this....................and applauding the away supporters.............never been applauded at an away match yet................so patronising !!!

Yea that has to stop now. Its really fookin surreal when we do that and this is coming from someone who got swept along doing the applauding for the first few games. Suddenly dawned on me, wtf am I doing?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Please may you inform people of the correct songs to sing at games. Maybe within the programme? Or maybe the club could release an email.

Many thanks.

Also, what is the point of constantly moaning about a song being sung at a game? Will it stop it? No. Utterly pointless.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Please may you inform people of the correct songs to sing at games. Maybe within the programme? Or maybe the club could release an email.

Many thanks.

Also, what is the point of constantly moaning about a song being sung at a game? Will it stop it? No. Utterly pointless.

Yea but SUIYHP is DROSS!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We actually went a load of home games when it wasn't sung, I think it may have been once during the wrexham game, but that was probably because the NS was full of interlopers and I think last Saturday was because of the new steward on the left of the NS. Not trying to pass blame but it seems to originate from the middle or left of the NS each time.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Whilst we are on the subject, am I the only one that hates the "your shit aha" at the opposing goalie? It makes me cringe every time, and I don't think it does anything to put the keeper off.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Yea but SUIYHP is DROSS!!

I agree.

But to moan about it on an internet forum just seems abit silly to me. It will achieve nothing. The main problem is we don't have enough songs sung.

West stand/north stand. (some people want to stop)
Albion
Seagulls
Stand up if you hate palace (some people want to stop)
we are brighton from the south (sung maybe once a game)

and only recently has the great escape come into place, and only cos it was so damn cold on saturday!

anyothers?

So we are left with SEEEEEEEAGULLS! and ALLLLLBION!

Thats well exciting init.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
this....................and applauding the away supporters.............never been applauded at an away match yet................so patronising !!!
Agreed , it is utterly cringeworthy , like it or not , football is tribal, and you're not going to get a really cracking atmosphere by being all happy clappy with an opposing team's fans.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Whilst we are on the subject, am I the only one that hates the "your shit aha" at the opposing goalie? It makes me cringe every time, and I don't think it does anything to put the keeper off.

I like it. And from what I have seen, from the east stand, it does work. Sometimes.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I agree.

But to moan about it on an internet forum just seems abit silly to me. It will achieve nothing. The main problem is we don't have enough songs sung.

West stand/north stand. (some people want to stop)
Albion
Seagulls
Stand up if you hate palace (some people want to stop)
we are brighton from the south (sung maybe once a game)

and only recently has the great escape come into place, and only cos it was so damn cold on saturday!

anyothers?

So we are left with SEEEEEEEAGULLS! and ALLLLLBION!

Thats well exciting init.

You're right, the lack of songs we have is a bit gash and the ones we do have are.....well a bit gash really.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
It's better than Peter Ward songs. Yes he was a hero and should never be forgotten but we are singing this when we have 11 other players (sometimes 9) and we should be supporting them, not singing boring songs about ex players when half the stadium including players weren't even alive when he played for us.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
alot of complaints about the 'aaaaaaalbion aaaaaaaalbion' chant when in actual fact its the loudest thing we sing and NOISE helps the team

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton

No, you are not the only one.

That chant is sooooooo old hat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here