Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Des Lynam irritated by 'Stand up if you hate Palace'

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
It is shit. But does not surprise me that, that old fart hates it. Does anyone know why is he is in the directors box every game? Friend of Dick Knight I presume

Des Lynam maybe old and perhaps even a fart but I reckon he's earned his place in a directors box.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
There are two points to singing.

1. To gee up your own team
2. To have some humourous banter with the other side's supporters.

In games where we are not playing Palace (most of them) that chant serves neither purpose. Its pointless.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Its just an excuse to get people on their feet after the stewards make them sit down.

People that bleat about not liking particular songs are losing sight of the main goal a bit i feel(supporting the side). Its a football crowd not a choir.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It is shit. But does not surprise me that, that old fart hates it. Does anyone know why is he is in the directors box every game? Friend of Dick Knight I presume
Did you not notice him campaigning for us a few years ago, when we most needed it? We would've been sunk without him and a few others keeping our media profile up :dunce::albion2:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Agree with Des, why are we singing about Palace when we're not playing them. We should be getting behind our team, I'm also annoyed by the west stand/north stand song because of this.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's fine when we're playing Palace but the rest of the time it's pointless.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
it is a shit, pointless chant and has zero creativity.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It is POINTLESS at every single game except Palace. The other side's fans don't give a shit, so we're basically just chanting it to ourselves.
This. It's embarrassing. Partly for this reason and secondly as every time I hear it now I think of the last time we played them :facepalm: Maybe in a few weeks it'll feel different? :albion2:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Must admit I cringe every time that starts up.

I don't like their cretin supporters that seem to want to gate crash every thread on this site but don't think I actually hate Palace. Love the rivalry though.

this, that and everything else.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Embarrasing song and I never stand up for it. Unfortunately, if it is sung at Peterborough I won't have a choice as I will already be standing! :smile:

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
God I remember when it was happening 4 or 5 times a match earlier this season - cringe.
The only time worth singing it is when we play Palace otherwise it is just embarrassing !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here