Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Welbeck was probably our best player in the last half dozen games of the season, scoring three and assisting two. If, as has been reported, the doctors have solved his long term issue, and the work that he has done on his fitness during the summer reaps the reward and change of fortune he deserves, we could end up with a striker that, in normal circumstances, we couldn't afford. He is the same age now that Teddy Sheringham was when he signed for Man Utd.

Just as well because he was shocking in a few prior to that.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not a minute of league football yet? When will we release the Undav? Hopefully he will play the 90 at Forest Green.

Not quite. He came on for a few minutes against United.
Pretty sure he'll start against FGR, and play most of the game.
We have plenty of players that -- in an ideal world -- I'd like to see playing in the PL (Enciso and Sarmiento, for instance) but you can only have 11 players on the pitch at one time.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We have plenty of players that -- in an ideal world -- I'd like to see playing in the PL (Enciso and Sarmiento, for instance) but you can only have 11 players on the pitch at one time.

Very much this, a strong solid start to the season allows us flexibility to introduce players at the right time. Undav just needs to work hard and make sure he is ready when required

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Indeed, we are only three games into the new season, it's going to be a long haul, all of the palyers mentioned, and more, will get their chance. Patience everybody! :smile:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Pretty average performance tonight. Took his goal well but not much else. Missed a sitter; found opposition with too many passes; first touch suspect.

wasn't really a sitter, don't get me wrong it was a good chance and he probably should've scored it but it wasn't a howler by any means. or we could just perhaps have a different definition of a sitter

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
wasn't really a sitter, don't get me wrong it was a good chance and he probably should've scored it but it wasn't a howler by any means. or we could just perhaps have a different definition of a sitter

I think it depends on the poster's view of the player.

Likes him and misses a penalty well that was difficult.
Don't like him and a split chance with 3 defenders around him it's a sitter.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Scored a goal in his first start in English football against a good old fashioned give it a go team, always awkward in cup games.
Not forgetting he is playing with a patch work team knocked up for the cup that don't normally play together as a unit.

What more do folks want.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The player who really caught the eye last night was Ferguson. He looked a lot more assured than Undav, and I'd certainly have him as our 2nd striker ahead of Undav.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I always saw undav as a bit of a lumbering donkey for USG that's just his style. Not pretty at all. Bangs them in though so let's see.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not bothered too much what he does or doesn’t do as long as he scores goals.
We have lots of skilful and hardworking players

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Took his goal well... doesn’t look or isn’t very quick ... I thought his header (missed chance) was unlucky, and would have been a lovely finish.

Overall, well, he’s there to score I guess, not run full tilt into the box and beat three men... and I think he’s a natural finisher, but he’ll need to work hard (very hard) on his positioning and movement if he’s going to make up for his obvious lack of pace at PL level.

However, Glenn Murray was similar in lots of ways and he made the absolute best of his strengths and then some.

Fingers crossed for Deniz, that his thus far similar trajectory, can continue mimic the above.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I always saw undav as a bit of a lumbering donkey for USG that's just his style. Not pretty at all. Bangs them in though so let's see.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

That’s how I saw it last night. Watched him in the shooting drill pre-match, that lad can’t half finish…….

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Scored a goal in his first start in English football against a good old fashioned give it a go team, always awkward in cup games.
Not forgetting he is playing with a patch work team knocked up for the cup that don't normally play together as a unit.

What more do folks want.

Locadia scored on his Brighton debut, Cup game against Coventry City :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here